Postby G|B|G|B on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:26 pm

LAKERS WIN!
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby LakersBaller on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:27 pm

Not as impressive as vs Pupps and Queens but good :jam2:
LakersBaller

Postby Guest on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:28 pm

And you wonder why I don't think the Lakers are playing very good yet ... as you squeak out another win vs a vastly inferior team.

Well done.

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:29 pm

Final Stats

Kobe-34 points & 6 rebounds
Malone-19 points & 13 rebounds
Gary-17 points
Shaq-11 points & 14 rebounds
Fisher-3 points
Slava-2 points & 6 rebounds
Fox & Rush-2 points each
George-1 point

Solid night from the starters and nothing from the bench.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:31 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:And you wonder why I don't think the Lakers are playing very good yet ... as you squeak out another win vs a vastly inferior team.

Well done.

we sure dominated the T-Wolves, or have you already forgotten about that game
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LakersBaller on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:34 pm

to jsm0331-the bench hasn't enough time 2 improve.It wasn't the game of roster experiments-fab 4 did all the job.
LakersBaller

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:37 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
T-Wolves Rule wrote:And you wonder why I don't think the Lakers are playing very good yet ... as you squeak out another win vs a vastly inferior team.

Well done.

we sure dominated the T-Wolves, or have you already forgotten about that game

This guy has selective filtering and most of his comments are based on a hindsight bias.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:45 pm

The Lakers played inconsistent tonight. There's no doubt about it. But they got the job done and that's what matters the most.

I'm not worried about this however, because IF this proves we play to the level of competition, then we already proved we can even pick it up a notch against the best competition and play to our full capabilities.

Great game tonight by the Mailman, although... scary at times...

Anyways, that will be the last time we see the Jazz this season... or is it?
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:49 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:The Lakers played inconsistent tonight. There's no doubt about it. But they got the job done and that's what matters the most.

I'm not worried about this however, because IF this proves we play to the level of competition, then we already proved we can even pick it up a notch against the best competition and play to our full capabilities.

Well said. I'd take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:02 pm

Yeah it's a biased statement to make by saying, the Lakers will pick it up a notch come playoff time, but they've proven it time and time again. The better the competition, the more we shall pick it up.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby I Support #8 on Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:13 pm

Well, I'll admit this game shouldn't have been close like it was, but as someone mentioned earlier.. a win is a win, however, here's another approach to the matter.

In all of these close games settings, at least one thing is the same, we ended up winning. Secondly, do you really want us out blowing out teams like Utah, Magic, etc. by 30+ pts. and using all that energy and then being burned all out by Playoff time? And I think that's how many of our players think. When playing against teams like Minny or Sac-Town, we give it the big level 10, but for B and C-level teams, why not take that down to a lower level if we can compete with them there and still get a victory? Or finally, it's like if you're taking a test at school. Would you cram for a little Chapter 1 quiz that's only worth like 2% of of your grade the same way you would for your final in that same class? If you did, by the time you got down to that final you wouldn't even have the energy or desire to do so.
I Support #8

Postby Ring It Up on Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:48 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:The Lakers played inconsistent tonight. There's no doubt about it. But they got the job done and that's what matters the most.

I think the bench was the culprit tonight. They just didnt seem to bring any energy or play smart tonight.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby K8BE on Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:48 am

the reason why phil took out kobe in the 4th was bec those jazz keep fouling us too hard, especially kobe! semi-nice move there PJ?! :man1:
K8BE

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:59 am

I Support #8 wrote:Well, I'll admit this game shouldn't have been close like it was, but as someone mentioned earlier.. a win is a win, however, here's another approach to the matter.

In all of these close games settings, at least one thing is the same, we ended up winning. Secondly, do you really want us out blowing out teams like Utah, Magic, etc. by 30+ pts. and using all that energy and then being burned all out by Playoff time? And I think that's how many of our players think. When playing against teams like Minny or Sac-Town, we give it the big level 10, but for B and C-level teams, why not take that down to a lower level if we can compete with them there and still get a victory? Or finally, it's like if you're taking a test at school. Would you cram for a little Chapter 1 quiz that's only worth like 2% of of your grade the same way you would for your final in that same class? If you did, by the time you got down to that final you wouldn't even have the energy or desire to do so.

That's right, sometimes the Lakers don't play to their full potential, but they still win, and that's all that matters. I've rather gotten used to them blowing out good teams and letting the not-so-good ones hang around, really. :man10: But they'd better not do it during the playoffs. :man7: Regardless, I still love my Lakers! :jam2:
Last edited by lakerzrule on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:02 am

Well done.

No, I don't wonder why you don't think the Lakers are playing very good yet, and I don't care. :man1: But thanks for congratulating the team on another win, that makes our win streak 8 games, which is more than I can say for the Kings or your T-Wolves. :jam2: UPDATE: I just checked the NBA standings, and I see both the Kings and T-Wolves have one-game win streaks. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:18 pm

Regardless of the performance, we got the win.

Just another step closer to the number 1 seed.

No one is going to stop our momentum from here on out...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Ring It Up on Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:39 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Regardless of the performance, we got the win.

Just another step closer to the number 1 seed.

No one is going to stop our momentum from here on out...

Thats all that really matters. If these were losses then I would be concerned. But they are W's.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday