Sun. 3/29 - Lakers @ Atlanta - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 3/29 - Lakers @ Atlanta - Predictions & Comments

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:05 pm

lol i think Jackson's 10th will be gone by this time next week.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Venomenon on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:05 pm

leftymo wrote:
nameant wrote:Man, this thread is comedy.

I'm debating. Which is more funny? This thread, or the lakers play?

Seriously, all of those bricks were pretty funny too.

The Lakers play for this game is so bad that it isn't any funny.
Venomenon

Postby thisbjgz on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Jackson's10th wrote:
thisbjgz wrote:Ballgame

guys, you have to realize there's nothing wrong with being #2 in the league. You guys are so caught up with what Cleveland is doing you guys are completely forgetting basketball players are humans too. Many of you i hope i realize the players are TIRED out there. playing a 13-14 day schedule with tons of traveling will take its toll on you. Theres nothing wrong with finishing 6-1 over this 7 game roadtrip which i'm sure we will take care of business with the Bucks and Thunder. We have beaten elite teams on the road and we can do it again. Cleveland in my opinion is vastly overrated because you guys are just getting too caught up with what they are doing and the media. Plus the fact if Bynum comes back his presence alone will make every team in the playoffs !@%# bricks.

Wait a minute...did you really just say Cleveland is overrated?

The best defensive team in the league is overrated? The team with the best record is overrated? The team with the MVP is overrated???

yeah i said it. And? the term overrated is what i mean by THEY ARE NOT GOOD AS WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING THEY ARE. They simply have such an EASY schedule. I'm a Lebron fan. and I watch Cavs game ALL the time. and i can tell you Lebron only shows 1/2 of his self when playing the likes of Orlando, Celtics, hell even Miami. Don't get me wrong they are probably playing like they are the best team in the league, BUT with that being said with all the hype surrounding Lebron and how the Cavs are better than the Celtics even when Celtics are healthy is nothing but premature HYPE.

so yes, IMO they ARE overrated. ESPECIALLY around here because half the members here are so obsessed with HCA they completely lose conscious judging the next Laker game because of an eariler Cleveland W.
thisbjgz

Postby kray28 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Lakers make a couple wide open shots...it's a win. Despite the incredibly crappy execution and a couple of seriously lucky shots by the Hawks.

Just keep in mind that there's a good reason why no team has ever gone 7-0 on 7 game roadie. It's incredibly hard to do. Good effort by the Lakers though, you can tell when this team tries, even if the legs aren't their or the shots aren't falling.
kray28

Postby AlleyoOp2KOBE on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Zheka wrote:The main thing is that Atlanta is a POOR team. they just play hard. they defend. they hustle. they don't back down. that all, BUT without these things you can't win anything major. and LAL once again showed they don't(can't) play hard. can't defend. can't hustle. can't intimidate - instead they get intimidated.
pooor. poor showing. disgrace. If I were them, after such a game i personally would not have been pissed but ashamed of myself, of my and my teammates mental beatdown.
ok now I'm pissed. maybe overreaction. but we'll se very soon what this team is really made of.

Another team that plays hard and is not afraid of the Lakers, the Bobcats.
We sucked today, not overall. We're still the best cuz we know we can beat the best teams (spurs, celtics, cavs, magics).
AlleyoOp2KOBE

Postby leftymo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:08 pm

kwembinekwek wrote:
leftymo wrote:

The Lakers play for this game is so bad that it isn't any funny.

I was thinking the other way. It was so bad it had to be funny. It's frustrating to see the Lakers get manhandled on the road. Especially when SA & Boston go into ATL and beat them. It's also frustrating to see LA saving its worst games as it heads for the playoffs (a certain recipe for disaster). But I think the Lakers themselves are disappointed that they could not accomplish a goal of theirs. HCA.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Zheka on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:08 pm

kray28 wrote:
Zheka wrote:ps go ****** yourself kobe bryant. loser.
lol but actually I feel like this now. lol

lol...the loser is you. Find another team to root for please.

pleaseee, stfo. really. Who are u to tell me this? Shut up and don't talk to me like this. Ever.
Zheka

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Some of these same fans acting a clown and over exaggerating and calling it quits will be the same one's shouting "Woo-hoo"! "We won"! "NBA Champions baby!" "My Team did it"! If L.A. pulls it out and goes on to win the trophy. And I'm going make sure I remember every last poster in here giving up on L.A. and make a special thread for you guys. Yes we all are upset and disgusted with this loss, I've shown my anger in here as well but it isn't like they haven't done this at all none this season.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Jackson's10th on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:09 pm

I'm a Lakers fan but I can still be neutral and say that Cleveland is a better team.

Thats the problem with these emo posters. They can't face the facts.

FACT: Lakers sucked today...so I said we sucked...how many in here would agree with that? And for those that don't...were we watching the same game?

I have ZERO confidence in us beating cleveland in a seven game series if they have HCA because we're not a consistent defensive team.
No fan can tell another fan how he/she is supposed to respond to a game. Thats not another fan's job. If I feel like the Lakers are playing or played like crap then thats just MY feeling. I'm highly critical of our team's defense (thats just me) but I'm sure I'm not the only one that cringes at our defense. For someone to try to tell me how to react to a game...well...thats just plain silly.
Jackson's10th

Postby kray28 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:09 pm

Back to Cleveland...all you have to do see how overrated they are, all you have to do is compare their home record to their away record...and then figure out who beat them at home, by how much and in what fashion.
kray28

Postby LakerEricR on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:09 pm

Its going to take a miracle now to get HCA.
CL's resident Carolina Panther fan
Zune & Xbox Live ID:SBDuckfan

LakerEricR

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:09 pm

leftymo wrote:

the game was just ugly and in the end we still could of won. So that makes this thread more comedic.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:10 pm

so many IN n outs today...they messed up our rims!!! jk jk

our guys looked flat and tired today...off night

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Samarian on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Wow stop with all this we suck nonsense. We will be ok in the playoffs. We won't be playing all of these terrible teams like Atlanta and Charlotte. We will be there. We are a championship team. All teams lose games eventually. We shouldn't be this dependent on Kobe to bail us out of games. Some people here are bad mouthing Kobe. He's averaging 28-5-5 with a dislocated finger. Come on guys. This is all jus garbage time til the playoffs. As long as we have HCA against everyone else we will be fine. Cleveland hasn't been in a position like this before and the Lakers are jus a year fresh out of the finals. They know how to win without Bynum and if we get Bynum back for the post season it will be a bonus. Because we lost 1 game to the Hawks doesn't mean we suck or we are not a championship team.
Can't stop, Won't stop chingy and dem gunnaz cause we, we get down baby we get down, girls them girls they love us.
Samarian

Postby Jackson's10th on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Cleveland is 25-12 on the road.

Their only home loss was against us.
No fan can tell another fan how he/she is supposed to respond to a game. Thats not another fan's job. If I feel like the Lakers are playing or played like crap then thats just MY feeling. I'm highly critical of our team's defense (thats just me) but I'm sure I'm not the only one that cringes at our defense. For someone to try to tell me how to react to a game...well...thats just plain silly.
Jackson's10th

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm

onetrackt wrote:LO had a bad game but he has played pretty well for us of late... every1 sucked out there... our bench is terrible and there play has kiled us they suck and in the playoff our starters will have to play perfect ball and its sad to say that luke is the best coming off the bench

who will you defend next year when LO is playing for memphis? he is a role player that makes many more dumb playes in pressure moments than clutch plays. not worth the 8 figures he gets. are the Laker's lucky to have him as a solid back up big? yes. but stop defending his bone head plays and blown layup attempts by throwing out stats. he can go 20 and 20, but if he leaves a 3 point shooter open or takes a shot that is not his game or ignored PJs play, and cost us the game (Charlotte in OT), then the 20 and 20 means little. I really hope Mitch considers Sheed, Lee, and even Marion next year.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Zheka on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm

AlleyoOp2KOBE wrote:
Zheka wrote:The main thing is that Atlanta is a POOR team. they just play hard. they defend. they hustle. they don't back down. that all, BUT without these things you can't win anything major. and LAL once again showed they don't(can't) play hard. can't defend. can't hustle. can't intimidate - instead they get intimidated.
pooor. poor showing. disgrace. If I were them, after such a game i personally would not have been pissed but ashamed of myself, of my and my teammates mental beatdown.
ok now I'm pissed. maybe overreaction. but we'll se very soon what this team is really made of.

Another team that plays hard and is not afraid of the Lakers, the Bobcats.
We sucked today, not overall. We're still the best cuz we know we can beat the best teams (spurs, celtics, cavs, magics).

Agreed.
Last edited by Zheka on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zheka

Postby leftymo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 pm

thisbjgz wrote:
so yes, IMO they ARE overrated. ESPECIALLY around here because half the members here are so obsessed with HCA they completely lose conscious judging the next Laker game because of an eariler Cleveland W.

1. Lakers goal was to get HCA. Phil Jackson said it as did the players at the beginning of the season.

2. See Last year.

3. Lakers are 1-3 in their last 4 finals appearances w/o HCA (5-1 with it).

4. In the last 23 years, its something like 17-18 times the team with HCA wins the finals.

HCA = Championship.

Those that don't care about it, don't care about winning a title as much.
leftymo

Postby kray28 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Zheka wrote:
kray28 wrote:
Zheka wrote:ps go ****** yourself kobe bryant. loser.
lol but actually I feel like this now. lol

lol...the loser is you. Find another team to root for please.

pleaseee, stfo. really. Who are u to tell me this? Shut up and don't talk to me like this. Ever.

What is stfo exactly?...urban dictionary wants their nonsense internet acronym back.
kray28

Postby leftymo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:12 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
onetrackt wrote:LO had a bad game but he has played pretty well for us of late... every1 sucked out there... our bench is terrible and there play has kiled us they suck and in the playoff our starters will have to play perfect ball and its sad to say that luke is the best coming off the bench

who will you defend next year when LO is playing for memphis? he is a role player that makes many more dumb playes in pressure moments than clutch plays. not worth the 8 figures he gets. are the Laker's lucky to have him as a solid back up big? yes. but stop defending his bone head plays and blown layup attempts by throwing out stats. he can go 20 and 20, but if he leaves a 3 point shooter open or takes a shot that is not his game or ignored PJs play, and cost us the game (Charlotte in OT), then the 20 and 20 means little. I really hope Mitch considers Sheed, Lee, and even Marion next year.

I do like the Sheed idea. He's what might put LA over the top. Tough physical PF that can shoot outside and brings veteran leadership.

If the Lakers don't win the title, that's the direction they should head. Dump some of the younger players in favor of some vets who know how to play.
leftymo

Postby Zheka on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:13 pm

TT24 wrote:

You are overreacting. The Hawks aren't a poor team. Yeah we blew them out earlier this season, but they are good and very tough to beat at home.

well nothing wrong with it. if my team can allow themselfes play like garbage sometimes, why can't I overreact sometimes say some garbage? :man10:
Zheka

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:14 pm

leftymo wrote:
ShaqDieselLaker wrote:
Radner wrote:We're still a championship team but homecourt advantage seems to be out of reach.

Add this to the pessimistic thread or whatever. I don't care.

I don't think we are a championship team without Bynum. We will see if he can come back and be productive. If not, I don't expect us to win it this year.

We are championship representative no doubt...

But I haven't seen anything recently that tells me they are the favorites to win a title this year. More so the opposite. Its now a greater probability that the lakers lose in the finals yet again. Which might not be so bad. Mitch will actually be under pressure to make the necessary changes to get the team over the top. Like Jerry did in 98/99.

I think you are right unless Bynum can play significant minutes and be back to form in the playoffs, which I doubt. If it looks like we are not going to win in the Finals, I hope we don't make it that far.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby leftymo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Jackson's10th wrote:Cleveland is 25-12 on the road.

Their only home loss was against us.

I'm not sure what has happened to those teams that lose only once at home for the whole season. The Bulls 72-10 season, and I think the Celtics in the 80's had something like that but Cleveland can take solace in the fact that they don't even have to win a single road game to win a title this year. Just win all of your home games and its a championship. With that home record of theirs, you gotta love their chances.
leftymo

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:15 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:

Yes, let's blame things on LO.
TT24

Postby Jackson's10th on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:15 pm

Dead weight on this team:

Sasha
Walton
Farmar

Need to be shipped out of LA ASAP.
Jackson's10th

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight