Sun. 3/29 - Lakers @ Atlanta - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 3/29 - Lakers @ Atlanta - Predictions & Comments

Postby kray28 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:16 pm

The spoiled brat ingrate nature of Laker fan in full display.

The Lakers cannot possibly have a bad game in the quest for perfection...and Kobe is a loser. LOL.

Some of you need to shed the diapers and go for the training pants.
kray28

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Jackson's10th wrote:
Heavier Than Heaven wrote:
Jackson's10th wrote:We suck

SHUT UP.

Why weren't you saying that when we beat the Celtics and the Cavs twice. If you suck, you suck. Have you seen our record? Compare it to 04-05. Yeah you should be damn proud of how good we have gotten and how lucky you are to supposedly be a fan of the Lakers.

I really don't care about HCA anyways. If the Lakers are ready to go in the playoffs, it won't matter, they'll win.

Why don't you make me shut up, pc gangster?

Oblivious one...I wasn't a member of this website when they beat cleveland/boston. THINK before you post.

Oh, I should think before I post?

It didn't sound like you were thinking very hard when you said the Lakers suck when they have the second best record in the league.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Zheka wrote:
TT24 wrote:
Zheka wrote:The main thing is that Atlanta is a POOR team. they just play hard. they defend. they hustle. they don't back down. that all, BUT without these things you can't win anything major. and LAL once again showed they don't(can't) play hard. can't defend. can't hustle. can't intimidate - instead they get intimidated.
pooor. poor showing. disgrace. If I were them, after such a game i personally would not have been pissed but ashamed of myself, of my and my teammates mental beatdown.
ok now I'm pissed. maybe overreaction. but we'll se very soon what this team is really made of.

You are overreacting. The Hawks aren't a poor team. Yeah we blew them out earlier this season, but they are good and very tough to beat at home.

well nothing wrong with it. if my team can allow themselfes play like garbage sometimes, why can't I overreact sometimes say some garbage? :man10:

Yes the Lakers played bad, but you can't say Kobe or Pau didn't look tired. If the bench will actually play and relieve our starters properly, I believe LA would have had a better chance to win.
TT24

Postby kray28 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:18 pm

TT24 wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:
onetrackt wrote:LO had a bad game but he has played pretty well for us of late... every1 sucked out there... our bench is terrible and there play has kiled us they suck and in the playoff our starters will have to play perfect ball and its sad to say that luke is the best coming off the bench

who will you defend next year when LO is playing for memphis? he is a role player that makes many more dumb playes in pressure moments than clutch plays. not worth the 8 figures he gets. are the Laker's lucky to have him as a solid back up big? yes. but stop defending his bone head plays and blown layup attempts by throwing out stats. he can go 20 and 20, but if he leaves a 3 point shooter open or takes a shot that is not his game or ignored PJs play, and cost us the game (Charlotte in OT), then the 20 and 20 means little. I really hope Mitch considers Sheed, Lee, and even Marion next year.

Yes, let's blame things on LO.

You're right in that we shouldn't single out any one player...and Lamar was certainly playing with effort, but he wasn't playing very smart.
kray28

Postby Zheka on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:19 pm

The human being has emotions. What's wrong with that?
Zheka

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:20 pm

kray28 wrote:
TT24 wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:
who will you defend next year when LO is playing for memphis? he is a role player that makes many more dumb playes in pressure moments than clutch plays. not worth the 8 figures he gets. are the Laker's lucky to have him as a solid back up big? yes. but stop defending his bone head plays and blown layup attempts by throwing out stats. he can go 20 and 20, but if he leaves a 3 point shooter open or takes a shot that is not his game or ignored PJs play, and cost us the game (Charlotte in OT), then the 20 and 20 means little. I really hope Mitch considers Sheed, Lee, and even Marion next year.

Yes, let's blame things on LO.

You're right in that we shouldn't single out any one player...and Lamar was certainly playing with effort, but he wasn't playing very smart.

I guess you can say that about the whole team as well.
TT24

Postby leftymo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:21 pm

kray28 wrote:The spoiled brat ingrate nature of Laker fan in full display.

The Lakers cannot possibly have a bad game in the quest for perfection...and Kobe is a loser. LOL.

maybe you have a point.

maybe the lakers have lost more finals than any other team in NBA history.

maybe defense wins championships and offense wins regular season games. which team is this?

The Lakers have a fantastic team. Championship team? Probably not, but I guess we shouldn't complain. We should have Phx Suns/Dallas Mavs expectations where 60+ wins is the greatest achievement.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:25 pm

leftymo wrote:
kray28 wrote:The spoiled brat ingrate nature of Laker fan in full display.

maybe you have a point.

maybe the lakers have lost more finals than any other team in NBA history.

maybe defense wins championships and offense wins regular season games. which team is this?

The Lakers have a fantastic team. Championship team? Probably not, but I guess we shouldn't complain. We should have Phx Suns/Dallas Mavs expectations where 60+ wins is the greatest achievement.

Yup and there are PLENTY of teams who would LOVE to be in the Lakers place as well.
TT24

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:28 pm

leftymo wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:
onetrackt wrote:LO had a bad game but he has played pretty well for us of late... every1 sucked out there... our bench is terrible and there play has kiled us they suck and in the playoff our starters will have to play perfect ball and its sad to say that luke is the best coming off the bench

I do like the Sheed idea. He's what might put LA over the top. Tough physical PF that can shoot outside and brings veteran leadership.

If the Lakers don't win the title, that's the direction they should head. Dump some of the younger players in favor of some vets who know how to play.

Yeah, I agree. Our bench is extremely overrated. Vujacic, Farmar, Walton, Powell, and Mbenga should be third string players. Ariza and Odom is what made our bench. Now it's all quite clear why our bench was strong during the first half of the season. As soon as Bynum went down, so did the bench.

They definitely need to trade Farmar. I don't think he fits in the triangle at all. His "skills" are more suited for a run and gun type offense that the Suns, Knicks and Warriors use. Hopefully we can trade him and get someone reliable.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:34 pm

Jackson's10th wrote:Dead weight on this team:

Sasha
Walton
Farmar

Need to be shipped out of LA ASAP.

That's about right. I don't know how consistently evaluate talent on our team, but someone should have figured out by now that these three were not going to be good in the long haul. I'll give Sasha a break because of his Finals performance last year but Walton and Farmar don't belong. I just hope we make some changes in the offseason and get a few vets who play with consistency. It's great to develop young players, but there is limit of how many you should have on a championship contender.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:39 pm

There go some of you emotional, mentally dysfunctional Laker fans jumping to trade suggestions again. We lost 15 games out of 82 games and you guys start wanting to slit your damn wrists. "Oh my gosh I'm gonna die we lost 15 games please let me jump off of this building"! Trade Phil Jackson trade Kobe trade the team for Cleveland's team", just do it Mitch!" **sarcasim** Like I said the same one's acting like a weeping widow over this loss will be in another Laker game thread cheering and bragging when we're winning or bragging and talking about "Woo-hoo" if things go our way and we do go on to win another title. Like I said I'll make a thread specifically for you guys.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Swizzzy562 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:52 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:There go some of you emotional, mentally dysfunctional Laker fans jumping to trade suggestions again. We lost 15 games out of 82 games and you guys start wanting to slit your damn wrists. "Oh my gosh I'm gonna die we lost 15 games please let me jump off of this building"! Trade Phil Jackson trade Kobe trade the team for Cleveland's team", just do it Mitch!" **sarcasim** Like I said the same one's acting like a weeping widow over this loss will be in another Laker game thread cheering and bragging when we're winning or bragging and talking about "Woo-hoo" if things go our way and we do go on to win another title. Like I said I'll make a thread specifically for you guys.

we can trade phil jackson!? ill trade him for pop right now, DO IT MITCH!? lol. no really your right. People expect us to win every game. We're exhausted, our schedule has been hectic and we were bound to lose. The thing is i look at cleveland and they're hungry. They look so determined to win. While some of our players EXPECT to win, we assume a win. That is why we end up in the situations we've been in the past 10 games. Im not complaining i just want to see some killer instinct in our boys. I think we can figure it out come playoff time.
Swizzzy562

Postby The Rock on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Lamar gets a pas...he was due for a bad game, he's been productive for the past few weeks

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:05 pm

The Rock wrote:Lamar gets a pas...he was due for a bad game, he's been productive for the past few weeks

Even though Lamar didn't play well, I can honestly say, he was one of the few Lakers who played the hardest out there. Someone said the Hawks are a poor team, but no "poor" team could have taken the Celtics to 7 games last year, and the Hawks are better this year than last year's team.
TT24

Postby KB24 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Sasha
Walton
Farmar

any deadweight list without Powell has no credibility.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:13 pm

KB24@CL wrote:

Sasha
Walton
Farmar

Yeah. Powell is better than Ronny, but his hands are horrible. Can't secure a rebound, can't grab an a lob (even though Jordan's pass wasn't all that great), and he fumble passes.
TT24

Postby Jackson's10th on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:15 pm

This all goes back to defense and winning the games you're supposed to win. I haven't see a consistent defensive effort all season. Forget our record for a sec because we had a good record last year and we made it to the finals. The team was not satisfied with simply making it there and they were supposed to be dedicated to defense this year and more production from the bench. As fans, can we honestly say that we've met those priorities? We're the number one seed in the Western Conference...so what? who cares? thats not our goal. Dallas was the number one seed a short while back and GS ran them out the building.
No fan can tell another fan how he/she is supposed to respond to a game. Thats not another fan's job. If I feel like the Lakers are playing or played like crap then thats just MY feeling. I'm highly critical of our team's defense (thats just me) but I'm sure I'm not the only one that cringes at our defense. For someone to try to tell me how to react to a game...well...thats just plain silly.
Jackson's10th

Postby Jackson's10th on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:17 pm

KB24@CL wrote:

Sasha
Walton
Farmar

I'll tell you what...he's definitely close to being placed on that list. But, the other three have been trash for a while...so we have to give Powell a grace period.
No fan can tell another fan how he/she is supposed to respond to a game. Thats not another fan's job. If I feel like the Lakers are playing or played like crap then thats just MY feeling. I'm highly critical of our team's defense (thats just me) but I'm sure I'm not the only one that cringes at our defense. For someone to try to tell me how to react to a game...well...thats just plain silly.
Jackson's10th

Postby revgen on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:18 pm

^Defense had nothing to do with this loss. We held Atlanta to 86 points.

Our problem was that we couldn't hit our shots.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:27 pm

revgen wrote:^Defense had nothing to do with this loss. We held Atlanta to 86 points.

Yup. Lakers would/could have won if they knocked down their shots. Almost every Laker missed a couple open shots.
TT24

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:28 pm

The Lakers had plenty of key stops, they just didn't knock down shots.
TT24

Postby Jackson's10th on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:38 pm

revgen wrote:^Defense had nothing to do with this loss. We held Atlanta to 86 points.

Defense did have something to do with this lost. We allowed ATL to score 32 points in the 3rd quarter.

ATL was 10/19 from three...53%

Their defense had something to do with is missing shots too...ATL is in the top 10 in the NBA in defense.

So, in a way...we played poorly on both sides of the ball.
Jackson's10th

Postby revgen on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:41 pm

^Doesn't matter. We held them to 86 points. Defense wasn't the issue.

So far on this road trip, we've held our opponents under 100 points. We just couldn't score tonight.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Jackson's10th on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:44 pm

revgen wrote:^Doesn't matter. We held them to 86 points. Defense wasn't the issue.

Of course it matters!

The numbers are right there: 53% from three...30+ points allowed in the 3rd.

Just because a team misses some shots doesn't mean we played defense.
Jackson's10th

Postby revgen on Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Jackson's10th wrote:
revgen wrote:^Doesn't matter. We held them to 86 points. Defense wasn't the issue.

Of course it matters!

The numbers are right there: 53% from three...30+ points allowed in the 3rd.

Just because a team misses some shots doesn't mean we played defense.

53% from 3 doesn't matter if they aren't taking them. It doesn't matter what they score in the 3rd quarter if they aren't scoring at all in the other quarters.

They scored 86 points. We played defense well enough to keep them from getting much else other than 3's.

They were missing shots because we were playing defense. If you don't think so, then you weren't watching.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday