Sun 6/6 - Lakers vs Celtics - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Sun 6/6 - Lakers vs Celtics - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:54 pm

What did I tell everyone before the Finals? The officiating was badf in 08, it won't get any better. Heck, it may even be worse.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Forward Three on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Pau and Drew were great tonight. Everyone else can go suck eggs.
Forward Three

Postby ElginTheGreat on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm

The refs called a very inconsistent game for both teams so I just don't feel like we can say it was the refs fault.

We stunk it up tonight.
ElginTheGreat

Postby followwind on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Kobe is a disaster tonight in the 4th.
followwind

Postby ThizGuy83 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm

the refs took kobe out of the game.... i dont care how many damn free throws we had... refs took out the lakers go to guy... he had 5 fouls in the early 4th quarter
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby kkmrx7 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Time to get a couple in Boston. We're in for a long series now.
Yeah, I stole the sig.
kkmrx7

Postby ThizGuy83 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:55 pm

the refs took kobe out of the game.... i dont care how many damn free throws we had... refs took out the lakers go to guy... he had 5 fouls in the early 4th quarter
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:56 pm

[quote="RushDelivery"]Boston just kicked the Lakers in the teeth. The Lakers shot 19 more free throws than Boston and are down by 6, so no blaming the refs.

Boston has the Lakers by the throat and showed them how to play the game the right way, while the Lakers struggled all game long against Boston's superior defense and greater intensity.

Lakers shot more free throws, just so the refs can call lots in favor of Boston in the fourth. They lost it for us at the end.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby 7cody on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Celtics did all they needed to, win one in L.A.

Now they're in position to take it all.
7cody

Postby Lakers Advocate on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:56 pm

how can kobe be so passive in a finals game, he did nothing
Lakers Advocate

Postby Neo on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

LO, YOU OUTTA BE ASHAMED...
[url=http://www.harvest.org/crusades/2012/los-angeles/home.html:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]][img:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]]http://www.harvest.org/share/769.jpg[/img:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]][/url:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]]
Neo

Postby Furious Laker on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

butt kickin
Furious Laker

Postby shehatesme on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:04 pm

RushDelivery wrote:Boston just kicked the Lakers in the teeth. The Lakers shot 19 more free throws than Boston and are down by 6, so no blaming the refs.

Boston has the Lakers by the throat and showed them how to play the game the right way, while the Lakers struggled all game long against Boston's superior defense and greater intensity.

Lakers looked passive, confused, and honestly deserve this loss. No champion should play the way the Lakers did tonight.

seriously, ppl should give credit where credit is due. celtics are clearly a superior team tonight. they had foul trouble the whole night and still outplayed us. plus, we're playing at home too and we haven't lose a game yet this post season. a better team won tonight. no point b!tching about it. I see 2004 all over again. they're just a better defensive team.
United, Man united,
We’re the boys in red and we're on our way to Wembley!
Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley,
Wembley, Wembley,
We're the famous Man united and we're going to Wembley
shehatesme

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Lamar Odum is killing the Lakers. A Total no show. Fish nada tonight. Shannon totally lost most of the time. And Ron was just awful. Totally lost when trying to be a playmaker

Deja Vu to the game at Staples earlier in the year when Kobe didn't play. the Lakers had a lead with 7 minutes to go, and only scored 3 points the rest of the way.

Same today -- had a 90-89 lead with over FIVE MINUTES to play and couldn't score again.

Some terrible calls, but still -- with Pierce and KG doing absolutely nothing, the Lakers really blew it.

The Celtics have a different leading scorer every night. total Team play. Reminds me of Detroit in 04.

I wouldn't be surpriased if it doesn't come back to LA. Kobe, Pau, and Bynum are the only ones playing with urgency. So disappointed
tigerjeterkobe

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Lamar Odum is killing the Lakers. A Total no show. Fish nada tonight. Shannon totally lost most of the time. And Ron was just awful. Totally lost when trying to be a playmaker

Deja Vu to the game at Staples earlier in the year when Kobe didn't play. the Lakers had a lead with 7 minutes to go, and only scored 3 points the rest of the way.

Same today -- had a 90-89 lead with over FIVE MINUTES to play and couldn't score again.

Some terrible calls, but still -- with Pierce and KG doing absolutely nothing, the Lakers really blew it.

The Celtics have a different leading scorer every night. total Team play. Reminds me of Detroit in 04.

I wouldn't be surpriased if it doesn't come back to LA. Kobe, Pau, and Bynum are the only ones playing with urgency. So disappointed
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Quest4Truth on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Artest,Brown,Farmar,Fisher and Odom shot a combined 7-30(.233). Lakers were -10 points in the paint and -5 in rebounding and missed 10fts. In the first 2 games Lamar is averaging 4pts 4.5rbds 1ast .50blks and 5fouls.
Quest4Truth

Postby Enforcer on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Well, fortunately the Lakers losing isn't the end of the world, we lost, I'm over it, I'm gonna go listen to some tunes and have some fun.
Enforcer

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:16 pm

shehatesme wrote:
RushDelivery wrote:Boston just kicked the Lakers in the teeth. The Lakers shot 19 more free throws than Boston and are down by 6, so no blaming the refs.

Lakers looked passive, confused, and honestly deserve this loss. No champion should play the way the Lakers did tonight.

seriously, ppl should give credit where credit is due. celtics are clearly a superior team tonight. they had foul trouble the whole night and still outplayed us. plus, we're playing at home too and we haven't lose a game yet this post season. a better team won tonight. no point b!tching about it. I see 2004 all over again. they're just a better defensive team.

Clearly? C'mon on man ... that's ridiculous. There's supposed to be some kind of home court advantage. Could've fooled me. Refs essentially took Kobe out of the game. There were two bad calls that essentially nullified his ability to be effective down the stretch.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby dj vitus on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:24 pm

So what if the Lakers shot 17 more free throws? A lot of them were legit calls on Boston hacking our bigs all game long. It's the illegite ones that conern all of us. Kobe's ticky tacks? Did you actually see them? But yes, the better defensive team won tonight anyway.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby George Kaplan on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:37 pm

Everyone not named Pau and Bynum had very forgettable games. Odom is such an abortion...
George Kaplan

Postby cheetodust562 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:27 am

well i honestly cant say i didn't see this happening, this only means we have to take 2 out of 3 in boston maybe even all 3 will not be easy though, hopefully the refs can let them play and not be so happy to blow the whistle
cheetodust562

Postby green_minded on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:44 am

uhm...any nba finals game 3 and 4 thread out there ????? :man3:
SOLID LAKERS FAN SINCE BIRTH...MABUHAY !!!
green_minded

Postby AIRBROWN on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:07 am

No game 4 thread? Hmm this is the finals against Boston right?
AIRBROWN

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday