Sun. 1/16 - Lakers @ Clippers - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 1/16 - Lakers @ Clippers - Predictions & Comments

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Kobe was trying allow the other guys to take over at the end of the game can't blame him for that because if he tried to do too much then that'll be a stretch as well the other guys couldn't come through today and I tell people there's gonna be games like this more so than often.
Jazzygirl205

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:34 pm

I had a bad feeling about this game. The Clippers had already beaten the Hornets, Spurs, and Heat at Staples, and these Lakers have never won more than 7 or 8 in a row. I tuned in at the end and saw what happened. I know I'm going to sound biased here, but I think Baron Davis should be suspended for his actions today. I wanted to rip off his beard. :mad1:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby TT24 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:I wanted to rip off his beard. :mad1:

:man10: :man10: :man10:

LOL OUCH!!!!!!!!
TT24

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:17 pm

TT24 wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:I wanted to rip off his beard. :mad1:

:man10: :man10: :man10:

LOL OUCH!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, I wouldn't actually do it. :man10: But he did make me really mad. :man5:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby odom1year on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:44 pm

No excuse for this loss.

Griffin owned Odom.
Gordon owned Kobe.
Clippers owned Lakers.
odom1year

Postby TT24 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:51 pm

odom1year wrote:No excuse for this loss.

Griffin owned Odom.
Gordon owned Kobe.
Clippers owned Lakers.

:man3:

You're missing more from your post.
TT24

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:35 am

TT24 wrote:

Griffin owned Odom.
Gordon owned Kobe.
Clippers owned Lakers.

Missing this: Kobe Bryant said " Blake just punked us."
odom1year

Postby TT24 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:08 am

odom1year wrote:
TT24 wrote:

Griffin owned Odom.
Gordon owned Kobe.
Clippers owned Lakers.

Missing this: Kobe Bryant said " Blake just punked us."

And what did that have to do with what I said? I read that quote from yesterday.
TT24

Postby nameant on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:36 am

Griffin owned Odom.
Gordon owned Kobe.
Clippers owned Lakers.

Next time watch the game. And if you watched, next time pay attention.
nameant

Postby TT24 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 am

^ That's what I'm saying. When I made my comment to him, I said to myself, they probably didn't even watch the game, because if they did , there would be more to their post than those 14 words.
TT24

Postby SignPippenNow on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:01 pm

TT24 wrote:
SignPippenNow wrote:
TT24 wrote:37 min for Pau: 8 rebounds
31 min for Drew: 13 rebounds.

WHen we need Pau the most, he's been letting us down.

Well he didn't against the Nets when Drew completely stunk the court up. In that game Pau had 9 rebounds and Drew had 5 and Pau has more per game on the season per game. It is easy to say when he is needed the most, and Pau hasn't played as well as LA needs him, but just one game ago he didn't let them down when as I said Drew couldn't do anything against Lopez.

When Pau is being defended by a 6'8 Griffin and Diogu, of course I want him to do better. What I'm saying is, in quite a few games since Drew's been back, he has outplayed Pau in way less minutes. Is it wrong for me (and others included) to want Pau to play better than Drew, Blake, and Ike? Drew, who isn't 100% yet, and undersized forwards? You can't say he couldn't play better considering who he went up against.

Undersized or not, Blake Griffin is one of the best PFs in the league. Pau isn't playing as consistent as he needs to, but some on here call him Gasoft and he is the first one blamed any time they lose. He did help bail them out against Brook Lopez when Drew simply didn't have it and please spare me the refs didn't allow Drew to play those two games because of fouls. Ron gets picked on Drew doesn't. He did draw a foul at end of 3Q that a blind man could see and the refs swallowed their whistles and that hurt LA and was a BS no call, but that happens to Kobe time after time. If the Lakers don't do something at PG I am not sure they aren't in trouble. Derek is having more and more 1-8 type games and Blake has been very inconsistent. Bench needs to get more consistent too. Not sure why Odom gets such a pass on here. When the bench plays well LA rolls most of time. Sad to trust Luke Walton more than Derek right now, truly sad.
SignPippenNow

Postby TT24 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:38 pm

SignPippenNow wrote:Undersized or not, Blake Griffin is one of the best PFs in the league. Pau isn't playing as consistent as he needs to, but some on here call him Gasoft and he is the first one blamed any time they lose. He did help bail them out against Brook Lopez when Drew simply didn't have it and please spare me the refs didn't allow Drew to play those two games because of fouls. Ron gets picked on Drew doesn't. He did draw a foul at end of 3Q that a blind man could see and the refs swallowed their whistles and that hurt LA and was a BS no call, but that happens to Kobe time after time. If the Lakers don't do something at PG I am not sure they aren't in trouble. Derek is having more and more 1-8 type games and Blake has been very inconsistent. Bench needs to get more consistent too. Not sure why Odom gets such a pass on here. When the bench plays well LA rolls most of time. Sad to trust Luke Walton more than Derek right now, truly sad.

But what about Diogu and his 11 rebounds? I can understand why they call Pau Gosoft sometimes; he looks as if he doesn't want to be on the court. Some go overboard with the name calling. And sometimes, he should be the first to be blame because he's too great of a player to be playing half-@ssed. Especially with Kobe off the court, he has to demand the ball. I can't say anything about the NJ game since I didn't see it. But lastnight, besides a few calls, I couldn't complain about the refs. I did complain about Phil taking Drew (and Kobe) out to start the fourth. The probably combined to score 80% of the points in that 3rd Q. Derek... I really don't know what to say about him. Yes, he's come up big for LA in the playoffs, but does that mean we should tolerate his play in the regular season? Hell no. Derek needs to play better. Steve, he isn't inconsistant. He's consistantly being passive offensively. I want him to be more selfish and take some shots. He's taken one shot in two game. ONE SHOT in TWO GAMES. We can't have that if Derek is struggling to make a shot. I said in another thread, Steve is too good of a shooter to pass up the shots that he's been passing up. I want him to take more shots. Luke has taken more more shots than Steve. That can not happen. Shannon needs to stop trying too do too much. Dribbles too much, a turnover. Trying to make a fancy pass, a turnover. That's not your game Shannon, so stop. And LO is going to have to be more aggressive too. I want him to stop with the jumpers, and attack the basket.
TT24

Postby SignPippenNow on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Also Blake Griffin is listed at 6-10, 251, not 6-8. At least checking the BSPN roster. I saw Blake play in person when he was at OU and don't think he is 6-8. I agree on the sub pattern to start the 4Q. In fact, I question Phil frequently on his sub pattern. There has been times when Shannon was really playing well, I know when he is bad he is bad, but when he was really playing well and Phil brings Derek and Ron back into game. I have wanted Phil to play Shannon at that time at PG (Kobe or Lamar would basically be the PG on O and Shannon on D) and leave Ron or Derek on the bench to close out game.
SignPippenNow

Postby TT24 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:37 pm

^ Oh really? I keep hearing that he''s 6'8. But yeah, I'm really getting sick of Phil's substitutions. I understand him resting Kobe since it was a first game of a back to back, but Drew?
TT24

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday