Sun. 4/12 - Lakers vs. Grizzlies - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 4/12 - Lakers vs. Grizzlies - Predictions & Comments

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:01 pm

NWLakerfan wrote:
two0one7 wrote:
JSM wrote:Farmar is such a selfish jackass, it's ridiculous. Pass it up to Ammo, he gets a shot every 2 weeks.

Pretty much.

+1

Yep, I REALLY want Farmar to do well, as I'm sure most of us do, but damn, he's just digging himself a bigger and deeper grave every time he's out there on the court.. He's gotta see the writing on the wall with Shannon getting most of his minutes, and taking advantage of them big time..

Yeah, and that makes him worse. He doesn't seem to care. Doesn't want to run the offense. Doesn't want to pass to Kobe. Can't make an entry pass. He wants out of here to get away from Phil and Kobe. Such a stubborn SOB...

Problem with Shannon is if he plays great in the playoffs and the Lakers win the whole thing, somebody may throw more money at him that Mitch is willing to pay. But something tells me he will want to stay here. Looks like he loves Ariza, LO, Kobe and Co.
Last edited by tigerjeterkobe on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Forward Three on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:01 pm

Shannon is interesting because he hasn't been scoring all that well, but his presence on the floor has been unquestionably superior to Farmar's. A bit like Ariza, Mr. Intangible. I think that Brown could be an effective scoring threat, but I'm pretty happy with him doing what he does.

I've almost nearly lost all my patience for Farmar. The only thing I will say on the subject is, it that psychologically it does kind of make sense. It's his 3rd year in the league, he's starting to feel as though he is a lot better than he actually is. He's in that awkward stage between being actually mature, and thinking that you are mature. Hopefully he can figure it out, because no one is going to help him.
Forward Three

Postby 432J on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:11 pm

good win tonite and good game by pau
432J

Postby NWLakerfan on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:23 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
Yeah, and that makes him worse. He doesn't seem to care. Doesn't want to run the offense. Doesn't want to pass to Kobe. Can't make an entry pass. He wants out of here to get away from Phil and Kobe. Such a stubborn SOB...

Problem with Shannon is if he plays great in the playoffs and the Lakers win the whole thing, somebody may throw more money at him that Mitch is willing to pay. But something tells me he will want to stay here. Looks like he loves Ariza, LO, Kobe and Co.

Let's hope that's one of the few problems we have this offseason... As long as we win it all, maybe he'll give us a home town discount and wanna continue his career as a Laker..

And great interview with O'Neal.. Dude just wants to do what he can to help the team win, like forward three mentioned, his intangibles help so much when he's out on the floor.. Him and Trevor playing at the same time is pretty damn sweet to watch, they did some good things out there tonight and let's hope to see more of it next game and into the first round vs Utah..
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
NWLakerfan

Postby Forward Three on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:28 pm

I don't know if anyone was watching Lakers Live just now... but I could swear Bill just signed off by saying "I'm Norm Mcdonald, and we'll see you tuesday!"
Forward Three

Postby Furious D on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Forward Three wrote:I don't know if anyone was watching Lakers Live just now... but I could swear Bill just signed off by saying "I'm Norm Mcdonald, and we'll see you tuesday!"

Lol i didnt catch that
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby rubin86 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:52 pm

i didnt get to catch the game, but aside from Farmar being selfish, whats the deal with this guy?

it seems as if the general consensus is that he is on the way out

Check out my blog, THE MORNING QUARTERBACK: http://morningquarterback.wordpress.com/

Luxury car lighting for any vehicle, HID Lighting: http://www.xenonvisions.com

“I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results." - Jordan
rubin86

Postby oloks_yu on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:25 pm

i saw the highlights of shanon brown man dunk!!! wow!!!!
OMG! that was sick he is for real
oloks_yu

Postby oloks_yu on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:26 pm

whats the deal with farmar by the way??? please dont hate him, thats just him being farmar.
oloks_yu

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:48 am

this has got to be the shortest gameday thread ever slash i didnt even notice bynum had 18 points until i looked at the box score right now
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:21 am

tigerjeterkobe wrote:

You're right about Jordan. I think he knows he's gone so he's not playing to help the team, he's just playing like an A-hole.

Now with Shannon : You can just see by the look on this guy's face, he loves it here. He wants to be here, he wants to play with these guys, he wants to learn as much as he possibly can. He's trying hard, he's doing what the coaches ask, he's doing everything a young player should to gain time and experience on a new team.

Book this : He's staying next season. And probably for relatively cheap. He's shaping up to be just like Trevor last season : a defensive minded worker that will do anything to get off the bench and play for the team that gave him a chance.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday