Sun. 2/2 - Lakers vs Grizzlies - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 2/2 - Lakers vs Grizzlies - Predictions & Comments

Postby AlleyoOp2KOBE on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:52 pm

TT24 wrote:
AlleyoOp2KOBE wrote:I miss Ariza... damn he's been playing well.

:man3:

Really?

He's had better games than Artest this season including the three pointer he knocked down to beat the Celtics.
AlleyoOp2KOBE

Postby BadCoaching on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Uncle_Meat wrote:Does anyone on this board have an answer to what the hell happened tonight? What a meltdown to an inferior team. These guys are short changing the fans by not playing to their expected potentials each and every night. That's why they are being paid the big bucks. Yet they play like it's some pick up game and they are all so fat and happy living large in L.A. I'm sick of this crappy product. Yeah, we'll be patient but do any of these players think they are going to win another championship without HCA? They don't and they don't care. They'll get into the playoffs and fail and then they'll be off in their MBZ's onto a world vacation tour... Lakers are sucking!!! :man2:

Didn't play any defense, didn't control the paint. Got out rebounded included offensive rebounds. Got out scored on the free throw line. Only had 39 points in the entire first half, Kobe didn't even try until the 3rd and the team was way down already.

No on floor leadership, no consistency, no heart or desire to win.
BadCoaching

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:53 pm

BadCoaching wrote:
leftymo wrote:Steve Blake could be just as bad as Farmar... he throws a lot of dumb passes, and can't shoot..

Isn't as quick and isn't a defender either. His defense is just as bad as Fishers. Very disappointed with the path this bench has gone... they started out so well and look just awful now.

Yeah, well it's all just a mental funk cause everyone was singing the praises of the 'Killer B's', Brown, Blake and the other guy...I'm so effing pissed right now. Phil or any of the team leaders are not addressing this problem and everyone is on their own. Phil should know this crap standing on his head. He's been through the trials of 3peats before. I just hate to see us losing HCA.... :man6:
Uncle_Meat

Postby kkmrx7 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:53 pm

The one thing Sasha did was keep Shannon in check.

Now that he knows his spot is secure, he's been chucking bricks
Yeah, I stole the sig.
kkmrx7

Postby basilhayden on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:54 pm

I wish the fans would boo more and louder...
basilhayden

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:58 pm

kkmrx7 wrote:The one thing Sasha did was keep Shannon in check.

Now that he knows his spot is secure, he's been chucking bricks

Then what's the deal with Brown. I thought he was being regarded as the 2nd coming of MJ... He started the year out great. He did well during the playoffs last year that's why they went out of their way to sign him before someone else got him. It's all a mental funk. They've got their rings. They want to retire and live off the fat of the land... :man5:
Uncle_Meat

Postby Forward Three on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:59 pm

leftymo wrote:the problem with this team is its offense. 77 points? couldn't score against mia, couldn't score against milwaukee...

can't score against memphis...

they need a scorer...

trade pau for melo. salaries should match up. and we get offense.

Definitely need more offense. I think both Barnes and Blake defer to the veterans waaay too much and too often. We all loved to hate Farmar, but at least he actively tried to take over and generate scoring offense. Blake gets open all the time but so rarely looks for his shot. The team tries to force feed Pau and Drew, and you pretty much never see anyone take open jumpers even when they have them.

Most teams need good defense to get their offense going. The Lakers aren't like that. The Lakers need their offense to click first and foremost. They are a scoring team, but unlike the Warriors or D'antoni Suns, their offense isn't reckless.

It's all very tough to watch, Both barnes and blake are upgrades on paper, but they have both adopted the Ron Artest attitude of being completel docile and subservient. Need less of that.
Forward Three

Postby escitnj on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:01 pm

I think the Lakers had the potential to win any of these past few games easily, but their complacency with their championship victories, rings, & what not is killing them this season..They just need more motivation to actually try lol..but yea I don't blame them because they already achieved considerable success, ya know?
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
escitnj

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:14 pm

leftymo wrote:trade pau for melo. salaries should match up. and we get offense.

Your posts are just full with insanity. Are you always like this?
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby TT24 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:17 pm

leftymo wrote:trade pau for melo. salaries should match up. and we get offense.

And what are we going to do with Ron? Play him at PF? And if an injury were to happen to a front court player (Drew or LO), what next?
TT24

Postby kblo247 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Put me in the trade Pau, Shannon, Ron, and some of those 2nd rounders for Melo and Nene group.

Ron's head is not into basketball anymore after winning, Pau is playing overly soft to an extreme that I've never seen from him before, and Shannon sucks since he has job security with Sasha gone just like Farmar did after Critter was traded.

------

Spero (I don't know if anyone listens to him call games on the radio while watching it on TV besides me) kept track of the flow of the game and had these facts.

Kobe went out of the 3rd quarter with the team down 6. He came back in down 22, after Pau gave up 6 straight layups to start the fourth quarter.

He also noted that the conversation at the half in the locker room from the coaches was about Pau on offense being so indecisive and throwing the ball back out too much with the clock down. Low and behold, Pau came out in the 3rd and played hot potato with it and basically said "Kobe shoot" after being lectured about if by the staff.
kblo247

Postby ybtherockstar on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:57 pm

I just don't get the lakers man. They play good for a little bit but then when they get down a few points they stop playing hard like the game is already over. They need to fix this badly.
ybtherockstar

Postby BrickMamba on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:03 pm

This team is done. Put a fork in them. Be lucky to be the #8 Seed.

Horrible team.
BrickMamba

Postby Uncle_Meat on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:18 am

This is all on Phil. This is a clear case of 3-peatitis. Phil needs to address it now or sacrifice any hope for a HCA... :man11:
Uncle_Meat

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:34 am

Tonight's game was painful to see. I saw only part of it, but I could tell early on that the Grizzlies came to play and the Lakers didn't. I watched the first half, then missed most of the third quarter on purpose hoping the Lakers would have a lead by the end, only to tune in again and see Memphis blowing out LA and the crowd booing. I don't know what's wrong with this team. Did they have a New Year's hangover? Or maybe they really do have no heart. Whatever it is, I'm more skeptical than ever LA has what it takes to win another title, or even advance far into the playoffs this year. I hope I'm wrong and this turns out to be another "regular-season" game, and I'll always be a fan, but this is hard to take. Signing off for the night. Get it together, Lakers. I know you're better than this. :bang:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday