Sun. 3/25 - Lakers vs Grizzlies - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 3/25 - Lakers vs Grizzlies - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:05 pm

Rooscooter wrote:This Memphis team can be a sleeper IMHO.... they have a ton of size, athletic wings, good guard play and great rebounding. Their bench is deep and good as well. Now that they are healthy they are as balanced as any team in the West.

Agree. I'm surprised their record isn't better. I guess the huge problem for them is that they have so many physically fragile players.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:06 pm

brickshooter wrote:Mike Brown enjoys running our starters into the ground. Hey, lets have a double practice tomorrow!

Bynum: 40+ minutes.
Kobe: 38+
Gasol 37+
Sessions 35+
Artest 33+

He doesn't have the playoff experience Jackson did. He SHOULD know better, but he doesn't.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Rooscooter wrote:This Memphis team can be a sleeper IMHO.... they have a ton of size, athletic wings, good guard play and great rebounding. Their bench is deep and good as well. Now that they are healthy they are as balanced as any team in the West.

agree with you. after we were ousted from last year's playoffs, they were the only team i ended up watching (other than the heat losing to dallas)
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dj vitus on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:08 pm

dj vitus wrote:
trodgers wrote:
dj vitus wrote:Kobe wide open under the basket and still couldn't make it??

I can't even tell whether you're serious.

He drove to the basket and it looked clear, but somehow he got it knocked out of bounds. Seems like the last couple of games Kobe *keeps getting the ball knocked out of his hands over and over again.

*edit

Yes, as this one was a foul.[/quote]
Oh, I thought it was out of bounds. Flipping browsers with low volume on, guess I was wrong.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Weezy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:08 pm

trodgers wrote:

Agree. I'm surprised their record isn't better. I guess the huge problem for them is that they have so many physically fragile players.

Their record isn't better because Randolph was out all season, now that he's back they're what they were last year, very good.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby AlleyoOp2KOBE on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:08 pm

trodgers wrote:
AlleyoOp2KOBE wrote:
trodgers wrote:I cannot believe the no calls tonight. Absolutely ridiculous.

Nah, they flat out beat the Lakers and they were the more aggressive team.

I agree with you. But you don't agree with me?

I do. But there were some noncalls that should've been on the Lakers like the and 1 for Mayo, travel on Bynum & Sessions.
AlleyoOp2KOBE

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:10 pm

what f. kobe haters ? what about gasol or should i say gasoft . he played so poorly . bynum wasn t really good either yeah he scored 30 points but he can t pass of a double team and his defense tonight was awful at times. mwp was in unicef peace mode and bench without sessions was a no show. . but all what you freaking guys could do is blame it on kobe bryant . you are all so pathetic. :bang: :mad1: :bang: i hope when he retires you all will see where the lakers ship goes. do you guys really think without bryant and with that team lakers will ever go for a championship ? that is a joke.
kobebryant248

Postby trodgers on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:11 pm

^ I'm with you. I'm not saying we got the shaft. I did think that Kobe was manhandled. Some great defense from Allen...and some obvious fouls that weren't called.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby TT24 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:13 pm

We better not be penny pinchers in the offseason. We better get a scorer or two on the bench. If you look at many of our losses, hoe many point did our bench score, compared to the opposition?
TT24

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:15 pm

drew was on offense great at times but on defense he wasn t that good tonight.
kobebryant248

Postby AlleyoOp2KOBE on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:17 pm

In this series, all have been close games. If it was Phil coaching, I wouldn't be worried so much if they played them in the first round.
AlleyoOp2KOBE

Postby trodgers on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:22 pm

TT24 wrote:We better not be penny pinchers in the offseason. We better get a scorer or two on the bench. If you look at many of our losses, hoe many point did our bench score, compared to the opposition?

I agree that we can improve our bench scoring, but we lost because of horrendous D.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby the best_24 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:what f. kobe haters ? what about gasol or should i say gasoft . he played so poorly . bynum wasn t really good either yeah he scored 30 points but he can t pass of a double team and his defense tonight was awful at times. mwp was in unicef peace mode and bench without sessions was a no show. . but all what you freaking guys could do is blame it on kobe bryant . you are all so pathetic. :bang: :mad1: :bang: i hope when he retires you all will see where the lakers ship goes. do you guys really think without bryant and with that team lakers will ever go for a championship ? that is a joke.

im with u too.
the best_24

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:28 pm

right our defense was awful and horrendous. we are deserved this loss . we were clearly outplayed by a grizzlies team that had a sense of urgency . they deserve this win . there was only one stretch where lakers played good and had also a sense of urgengy that was in the 3rd quarter as they came back from a 15 point deficit but from there they totally lost it again . mike brown is known for beeing a good defensive coach , tonight i didn t see much defense from lakers.
kobebryant248

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:34 pm

better be ready for the next games espicially tuesday on the road where lakers this season always have a tough time and then for the okc game on thursday . and if we play against okc like we played tonight we will blown out in our own building. by the way forget the no 1 and no 2 spot lakers not constant enough for it. and the no 3 spot to hold will be very difficult because lakers will have some very tough games espicially in april.
kobebryant248

Postby LAglory on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 am

We lost because of Rebounding. Nothing more. Bynum after the game said he has to be more aggressive getting rebounds because that would have won the game.
LAglory

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 am

yeah. nice drew don t say it do it :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 am

every game we lost every player says we have to or must do better on whatever... then we would have won it. i don t get that. when every player says that why they don t do it then in the game. :bang: :bang: i am sick and tired of these excuses and postgame talks after a loss. :mad1:
kobebryant248

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday