Sun. 2/10 - Lakers @ Heat - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 2/10 - Lakers @ Heat - Predictions & Comments

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Time to come home and try not to stink up the place.
Uncle_Meat

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:05 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Why did I even THINK the Lakers had a damn chance? Idiot...

Pretty much why I turned the game off and just decided to watch the score for the 2nd half. Saw it coming

How is that better though?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Maluco Beleza on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:05 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:
Weezy wrote:I've never seen a player have such a disinterested look on their face and with their body language for an entire game, thanks Dwight.

I gotta side with Dwight tonight. He was completely rolling and we just went away from him for no reason at all.

this guy covers for kobe all the time and it's all D12's fault
Maluco Beleza

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:05 pm

4-3 road trip is horrible. I predicted 5-2 or 6-1....those phoenix and boston losses really hurt now.
FabFourLakers

Postby Shadow on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Too many turnovers, got out-rebounded, and Mike D'Antoni's questionable line up in crucial moments cost us the game pretty much..
Shadow

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:06 pm

well if you have so much turnovers like lakers had in the fourth quarter plus not aible to get any defensive stop that s the formula for another loss. :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:06 pm

We can't be Miami but the Wizards can? And the Raptors?
Jazzygirl205

Postby Maluco Beleza on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Weezy wrote:Yeah, you beat a 24-27 team Wade, you're so bad.

lol every1 remembers when Kobe and the Lakers beat them down
let them have their turn now
Maluco Beleza

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:
Weezy wrote:I've never seen a player have such a disinterested look on their face and with their body language for an entire game, thanks Dwight.

I gotta side with Dwight tonight. He was completely rolling and we just went away from him for no reason at all.

I'm sure MDA had something to do with it.
Uncle_Meat

Postby ElginTheGreat on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Uncle_Meat wrote:
ElginTheGreat wrote:

I'm sure MDA had something to do with it.

Agreed. Terrible move.
ElginTheGreat

Postby KB24 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:08 pm

At least the Lakers made sure not to give up any offensive rebounds in the 4th by allowing the Heat to make every shot.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:08 pm

"He was completely rolling" reaching... I also though we should've gone inside more in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Having said that, we did try to do that in the 4th and it worked out terribly, we piled up the TOs.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Finwë wrote:

Pretty much why I turned the game off and just decided to watch the score for the 2nd half. Saw it coming

I was about 99% sure we were going to lose once it was a tie game going into half time, and I decided to get some work done and glance at the score instead of spending another 1.5 hours watching only to be disappointed at the end. Then I would have felt even worse for wasting my time not only watching the game but not even being productive.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:09 pm

When Dwight gets the ball in a non-lob or finish position, it usually ends up in TO's or FT's.

Usually empty offense. He was also walking up and down the court. God damn.
Chillbongo

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:
ElginTheGreat wrote:

this guy covers for kobe all the time and it's all D12's fault

How is what I said in any way covering for Kobe? Kobe iso'd way too much today, Kobe was as much to blame as most today. That means zero when it comes to effort from Dwight, I don't care if you NEVER get the ball you still rebound, play D and give 100% on that end where we need you. He should have gotten the ball more, but that's not MDA's offense because MDA is stupid. But then again when he did get the ball for a stretch there in the 4th he turned it over at least twice in a row, so he can't really complain either.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm

to many turnovers in the 2nd half lead to many easy points , no box out on rebounding let to 2nd opporturnitys for the heat and no stop when it was needed and then you have it . a loss. 4-4 road trip it s so bad because with half the effort from today we would have win at phoenix and boston. pathetic showing in these games i am very frustrated right now :man6:
kobebryant248

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm

sorry i meant 4-3 road trip
kobebryant248

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Finwë wrote:

I was about 99% sure we were going to lose once it was a tie game going into half time, and I decided to get some work done and glance at the score instead of spending another 1.5 hours watching only to be disappointed at the end. Then I would have felt even worse for wasting my time not only watching the game but not even being productive.

hey whatever works for you, especially if you have things you need to get done. I can't entirely relate to your thought process because I'm on vacation lol and also because even in losses I still find pleasure watching the games, I just love good basketball.
Finwë

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Kobe was 11-19 with 9 assists more than anyone else I'm not sure how he was a big part of the problem.
Jazzygirl205

Postby sina on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Obviously, Dwight not fit well with this team:
- MDA is an offensive coach and doesn't emphasis on defense which not utilize Dwight's strength
- when they give him the ball, he either turns it over or get foul but can't hit those free throw
- Dwight's attitude also is questioned especially when he is playing alongside all time great/tough player like Kobe, steve

Obviously, players with more offensive skill in Kobe, Nash, Gasol, Clark, Meeks and Jamison fit well with MDA's system better than Howard, MWP...
sina

Postby The Laker Link on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:34 pm

4-3 is ok. 5-2 is what many expected but 4-3 is nice. Lets just keep winning at home and we should be ok. Utah is falling and Portland too, so I bet we can still get in.
The Laker Link

Postby XXIV on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:03 pm

The Laker Link wrote:4-3 is ok. 5-2 is what many expected but 4-3 is nice. Lets just keep winning at home and we should be ok. Utah is falling and Portland too, so I bet we can still get in.

Sure it's better than having a losing record but losing that game in PHX really killed us. Every game is now so important that we can't afford to give up easy games, especially those where we already have a big lead. Hopefully some of those teams above us continue to fall because we need any help we can get.
XXIV

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday