Sun. 4/17 - Lakers vs Hornets Game 1 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Sun. 4/17 - Lakers vs Hornets Game 1 - Predictions/Comments

Postby amishguy91 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:32 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:The one positive I take from losing is that it's what we needed to wake us up.

I hate that response so much. 25 losses weren't a wake up call? 1st loss to Miami wasn't a wake up call when we played them again? When we still had a legit shot at #1, the loss to Denver wasn't a wake up call for the four more losses that followed it? 1st half wasn't a wake up call for the second half today?

Bottom line, this team doesn't respond to should-be wake up calls. Either they come out and play hard or they don't. They have so much more talent than other teams, that if they just play hard and hustle, they'll usually win. Unfortunately too many times, we just get out-hustled by the other team.
amishguy91

Postby kray28 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:32 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:Post-game thoughts:

-This is why you play the games.
-This is why you must take other teams seriously.
-This is why Pau is soft.
-This is why CP3 is a great PG.
-This is why the Lakers are in trouble.
-This is why we hate this team as much as we love it.

Questions:

Would Blake have made a difference today?
Will Pau become a man again?
Will the Lakers get out of the first round?
Is Gray's injury good for us?
Will we as fans continue to support this team?

Too early to panic man.

Lakers just lost HCA though and will have to gut out a road win somehow.

1. Lakers need to come up answers on how to defend Paul and Jack...both killed us.
2. Of our three bigs, only Drew showed up. That needs to change and will.
3. Losing Gray makes the Hornets even thinner inside...our bigs should take advantage.
4. Bench was terrible.
5. Not having Blake to defend their guards mattered...nothing we can do about this though.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm

I had said Lakers in five on this one, and that is still possible, but I think this will be a 6 game series now. Lakers had very advantage in this one and just didn't show up.

I see us winning the next one, and then splitting the next two in NO. Games 5 and 6 are where we'll simply wear the Hornets down on the interior.
kray28

Postby shoe on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:39 pm

There was that stretch in the 4th quarter where the Lakers would score a basket followed by a Jarret Jack/Chris Paul flop leading to free throws....they must have shot at least 20 free throws in the 4th.

But the main reason we lost is because Pau decided not to show up today. :bang:
shoe

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:41 pm

amishguy91 wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:The one positive I take from losing is that it's what we needed to wake us up.

I hate that response so much. 25 losses weren't a wake up call? 1st loss to Miami wasn't a wake up call when we played them again? When we still had a legit shot at #1, the loss to Denver wasn't a wake up call for the four more losses that followed it? 1st half wasn't a wake up call for the second half today?

Bottom line, this team doesn't respond to should-be wake up calls. Either they come out and play hard or they don't. They have so much more talent than other teams, that if they just play hard and hustle, they'll usually win. Unfortunately too many times, we just get out-hustled by the other team.

You think I'm HAPPY we lost? I am well aware we should not NEED to wake up, especially for the playoffs. Unfortunately, that's how it works with the Lakers sometimes. Did you miss all my negative responses during the game? I always HATE losing, and to do it in the postseason is even worse. I'm just trying to stay positive, but if you're going to criticize me for stating my opinion, F U.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:43 pm

STUPID LAKERS NOW WE ARE TURNING ON EACHOTHER! LOOK WHAT YOU DID
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:45 pm

kray28 wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:Post-game thoughts:

-This is why you play the games.
-This is why you must take other teams seriously.
-This is why Pau is soft.
-This is why CP3 is a great PG.
-This is why the Lakers are in trouble.
-This is why we hate this team as much as we love it.

Questions:

Would Blake have made a difference today?
Will Pau become a man again?
Will the Lakers get out of the first round?
Is Gray's injury good for us?
Will we as fans continue to support this team?

Too early to panic man.

Lakers just lost HCA though and will have to gut out a road win somehow.

1. Lakers need to come up answers on how to defend Paul and Jack...both killed us.
2. Of our three bigs, only Drew showed up. That needs to change and will.
3. Losing Gray makes the Hornets even thinner inside...our bigs should take advantage.
4. Bench was terrible.
5. Not having Blake to defend their guards mattered...nothing we can do about this though.

I'm not panicking. I'm venting my frustration more than anything. We didn't do anything right, and now we're suffering the consequences. I still believe in this team to do the right thing.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:48 pm

fklukewalton wrote:STUPID LAKERS NOW WE ARE TURNING ON EACHOTHER! LOOK WHAT YOU DID

Can't we all just get along? :man10: At least Luke didn't play today, if I'm not mistaken.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Rickmilli on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Every time Lakers got within 1 or close Hornets they got bailed out with call, I really don't see Hornets beating LA. They almost could have won the game despite playing bad. Lakers in a must-win game already WTF??? Props to Kobe he was balling and he wasn't jacking up 30ft jumpers either :) Gasol needs to get it together??? I understand why people call him soft because every player has bad games/bad shooting night but he was a liabilty out there??? Tuesday isn't gonna cone fast enough........Wednesday WTF??
Rickmilli

Postby odom1year on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Just one game, no big deal.
odom1year

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:59 pm

3 games from elimination
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:15 am

Never mind, amishguy91. I just searched through your posts. You're one of those members who usually comments only when the Lakers lose. I'm ignoring you from now on. Have a nice life.

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:
amishguy91 wrote:

You think I'm HAPPY we lost? I am well aware we should not NEED to wake up, especially for the playoffs. Unfortunately, that's how it works with the Lakers sometimes. Did you miss all my negative responses during the game? I always HATE losing, and to do it in the postseason is even worse. I'm just trying to stay positive, but if you're going to criticize me for stating my opinion, F U.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Alexxander on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:32 am

Pau looked like he doesn't want to be there. He had 0 (ZERO!) off rebounds and 6 def, thats 6 total rebounds by GASOL!? Wake up PAU! :disagree: Actually, the whole team has to wake up for game 2, that was ugly ....
Alexxander

Postby KB24 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:38 am

^welcome Alexxander...ya 6 boards is pretty disgusting. I'm hopeful though that Pau will recover in time.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:51 am

Alexxander wrote:Pau looked like he doesn't want to be there. He had 0 (ZERO!) off rebounds and 6 def, thats 6 total rebounds by GASOL!? Wake up PAU! :disagree: Actually, the whole team has to wake up for game 2, that was ugly ....

Welcome to CL. Your name's the same as mine, except I spell it with only one "x" instead of two. :man1:

Yeah, Pau sucked, and only a few Lakers showed up. I expect Game 2 to be a different story.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Alexxander on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:37 am

^ ty :) That's my online name, my real one spells with a single x also :D Pau has those bad periods from time to time .. I hope he'll recover asap, we can't win like that. Kobe, on the other hand, looked pretty well.
Alexxander

Postby Rickmilli on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 am

People keep saying get him more shots, Fet a freaking rebound Gasol. I outrebounded him and I was at home chilln. Lakers never lose when Gasol n Kobe working it but when Gasol is down it put too much pressure on Bynum to score and grab every single rebound. We can't let Kobe drop 30+ fill stat lines and lose like this damn. Odom disappeared 2 but he ain't soft
Rickmilli

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight