Sun. 5/10 - Lakers @ Houston - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Sun. 5/10 - Lakers @ Houston - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby halekulani on Sun May 10, 2009 3:21 pm

revgen wrote:We can no longer play offense to beat them. We MUST play real defense. No pace gimmicks. No more Kobe going for 40+. No BS. Real defense for 48 minutes is how we're going to have to play from here on out.

same old stuff as last year.
halekulani

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun May 10, 2009 3:22 pm

shoe wrote:kobe started out great, but the rest of the team didn't wanna play, so kobe said EFF IT,

Me sentiments EXACTLY!!
Jazzygirl205

Postby killamangiro on Sun May 10, 2009 3:22 pm

this felt like last year's finals all over again. thats the most painful thing, i thought all season that the lakers could never let that happen to them again in the playoffs.
killamangiro

Postby DHL on Sun May 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun May 10, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm not giving up on Kobe or our team, I'm just going to pray and hope they learn from this and win the series in 7 games or 6 hopefully.
Jazzygirl205

Postby lalfan on Sun May 10, 2009 3:37 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I'm not giving up on Kobe or our team, I'm just going to pray and hope they learn from this and win the series in 7 games or 6 hopefully.

lol, you sounded like this is new to this Laker team. when did you start watch this team?
lalfan

Postby LakerEricR on Sun May 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Totally unacceptable. Kobe better call a team meeting before game 5. Get the ball to Gasol early and deep in the post and no doubling. They just gave Denver more rest.
CL's resident Carolina Panther fan
Zune & Xbox Live ID:SBDuckfan

LakerEricR

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun May 10, 2009 4:03 pm

ah the lakers...the only elite team i know that turns opponents scrubs into all stars.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby revgen on Sun May 10, 2009 7:04 pm

showtime32 wrote:
revgen wrote:First and foremost we showed no heart out there. We didn't even try.

2nd of all, we haven't played defense at all in this series. All we've done so far is force a fast tempo on them in games 2 and 3. With Yao on the floor, the Rockets want to be slow, sloooowww, and sloowwweeer. We forced the tempo on them in games 2 and 3 and forced them into turnovers and other mistakes. With Yao out, they are a much faster team and they can now compete with us at a high tempo.

We can no longer play offense to beat them. We MUST play real defense. No pace gimmicks. No more Kobe going for 40+. No BS. Real defense for 48 minutes is how we're going to have to play from here on out.

What so Kobe going for 15 works for you? Yeh, let's run our offense through Pau Gasol and Jordan Farmar. Forget about Kobe, let him create for us, because he's such a great facilitator, and a so-so scorer.

Kobe scored 12 of his 15 in the first half. We were still down by 18 points at the half.

If your star player is on pace to score 24 points and your team is down by 18 at the half, then what's the point?

The point is that we don't play any damn defense. The only reason we won Game 2 and Game 3 was because the Rockets fell into our fast tempo with Yao on the court. With Yao gone, the Rockets are now comfortable enough to run and score at our pace. The pace gimmick no longer works.

Defense for 48 minutes is what Cleveland and Denver are doing. That's what we should be doing. No gimmicks. No BS.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Piston Boris on Sun May 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Would anyone have an idea why the Lakers are struggling against a depleted Rockets team rather than crushing them and prepping for a showdown with Denver?
Piston Boris
ClubPistons.com Administrator

Postby from714to402 on Sun May 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Piston Boris wrote:Would anyone have an idea why the Lakers are struggling against a depleted Rockets team rather than crushing them and prepping for a showdown with Denver?

Resist...temptation...to...make...fun...of...the..Pistons.
from714to402

Postby Piston Boris on Sun May 10, 2009 8:42 pm

from714to402 wrote:
Piston Boris wrote:Would anyone have an idea why the Lakers are struggling against a depleted Rockets team rather than crushing them and prepping for a showdown with Denver?

Resist...temptation...to...make...fun...of...the..Pistons.

Thanks, 402.

Seriously. I'm not hating on the Lakers. Going into the playoffs, I saw the Lakers as the class of the West and the Cavaliers' greatest competition.

This series isn't over, but the Lakers don't seem to be playing with intensity right now and I'm trying to understand since I don't follow this team day-to-day. I'd rather not see the Cavs be the champs this year.
Piston Boris

Postby dj vitus on Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 pm

We're talented enough to beat anybody, but too inexperienced and soft to win the championship.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Piston Boris on Sun May 10, 2009 9:16 pm

dj vitus wrote:

We're talented enough to beat anybody, but too inexperienced and soft to win the championship.

Hopefully, Jackson can instill the fire that his Bulls and Kobe-Shaq squads had. IMHO, the Lakers would've benefitted from playing in the East rather than the West during the regular season to get battle ready for the playoffs.

Billups has turned the Nuggets into a fair imitation of the 2004 Pistons by bringing his Eastern mentality to Denver.

I have the impression the Lakers are tuning Phil Jackson out a bit.
Piston Boris

Postby WIN4CHICK on Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 pm

No excuse for the Lakers, no Yao, McGrady and Mutumbo and you still can't win. Where was the effort tonight. Maybe this team doesn't want it as bad as we thought they did. They better get there act together or they'll be going on vacation soon.
WIN4CHICK

Postby KB24 on Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 am

lalfan wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:I'm not giving up on Kobe or our team, I'm just going to pray and hope they learn from this and win the series in 7 games or 6 hopefully.

lol, you sounded like this is new to this Laker team. when did you start watch this team?

seriously...if game 6 of the NBA finals didn't teach you anything...then nothing will...

its not that this team can but doesn't want to...thats a bunch of weakarse players that we have....I'm totally pissed off because of that unacceptable performence.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KobeCory8 on Tue May 12, 2009 7:27 pm

they will get the series in 6, they have lost too many ames to houston already. they will win the next 2
KobeCory8

Postby Kobe the Dagger on Tue May 12, 2009 7:59 pm

that commercial was sick!

Props to Hoopskillz for the killer Sig!
Norwegian Pride Baby!
Kobe the Dagger

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday