Sun. 3/18 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 3/18 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby Finwë on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:16 pm

trodgers wrote:Tough loss indeed, but we had no business being in a game when we turned it over 17 times in the first half. Lakers were cruising for a letdown. I'm not too crushed by this loss.

I am knowing both Clippers and Grizzlies won and the Spurs lost last night. This was a great chance to get ahead in the standings, completely blown.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LakerBoyz24 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
trodgers wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Even after the trade deadline we don't have a starting PG. Even though we traded for one. :man3:

We traded Luke Walton and Jason Kapono. Weren't exactly bringing back Deron Williams with that.

Not quite getting what you are saying. Sessions isn't a starting caliber PG?

He isn't, at least on a contending team. He's at best a 2nd-tier PG, might be a starter for a bad team. He has always come off the bench to provide energy but he chucks up a lot and can't finish(as seen today). 8 points from homer calls/bail out calls(let's be honest, I'm a Lakers fan and I'm glad the refs were on the side but we were getting a lot of friendly calls) and going 1-7 from the field is not going to cut it.

If this wasn't at home, and if we were going against a team that gets respect/calls and isn't a joke (Heat/Bulls/Thunders/Spurs/etc comes to mind), Sessions won't be getting all those calls. Let's be honest, Sessions isn't good enough and doesn't command the respect of the refs like other real starting PG's. 10 FTA is amazing but it's probably not going to happen even occasionally, let's face it even superstars don't get that many trips to the FT line.

He's better than Blake though, that's for sure. Blake is a 2nd string PG at best, and shouldn't be starting on any team.
LakerBoyz24

Postby revgen on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:53 am

biggestkobefanever wrote:
revgen wrote:
LakeShow09 wrote:if they went to bynum 5 more times in the 4th we probably win

Either Bynum or Pau. Both were making shots tonight.

But old habits die hard.

Not saying we shouldn't have tried that, but everybody says "give it to Drew" when they see he's like 12/13, what they don't realize is thatmost of that were wide open dunks he got in transition or off penetration. That is very unlikely to happen down the stretch.
So you go to Bynum, and what do you have? A post-up against Kanter (who is capable of making it hard for him) and the inevitable double/triple teams. What does Bynum do then? He kicks it out (if he's lucky enough not to lose the ball with all those players on him) and to whom? to either Kobe or Blake. Blake didn't make a shot in the entire night, and isn't gonna be open anyways. So he gives it to Kobe, he gets the ball late with like 5 seconds on the clock, with his only option being to shoot a contested jumper ('cause there's not much else he can do with 5 seconds and the defense all over him) That's not gonna work. Re-post? Doesn't matter, they'll double again, and even if they don't, it's 1 on 1 against a big strong defender with very very little time on the clock.
That won't do the trick.

They should run a better play, one that involves more players and is more difficult to guard. The only one I can think of is that K-G-B play where kobe gets the pick from pau and pau lobs it to drew (with the alternatives being Kobe 1 on 1 on the switch or Pau jumper).

Did you actually watch the game or are you just thinking theoretically?

Bynum scored 6 of his 33 points in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. 4 of which came on post-up moves.

The last 2 points he scored in the game came when the double came over and Bynum turned into them and got himself fouled and converted 2 free throws. That's part of the reason why Kobe always closed the 4th quarter with the 3-peat teams. Shaq couldn't make those FT's. Bynum and Gasol are a different story.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby KB24 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:37 am

Kobe is getting into road shape for upcoming games

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby trodgers on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:16 am

KB24 wrote:Kobe is getting into road shape for upcoming games
:man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday