Sun. 6/7 - Lakers vs. Magic - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Sun. 6/7 - Lakers vs. Magic - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Postby scissors on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:19 pm

lets go for a sweep!!!!!

scissors

Postby TT24 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:21 pm

scissors wrote:lets go for a sweep!!!!!

Let's take it one game at a time please. But that would be nice.
TT24

Postby TheGoat on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Is it safe to say that Fisher is finally out of his slump?
"After slamming in an alley-oop as the Suns center(Amare Stoudemire) clung helplessly to his arm, Bynum hopped around like he was on a pogo stick, grinning and nodding in a 'Who’s the man-child now?' sort of way" -Chris Broussard of espn.
TheGoat

Location: whispering orders into Kupchak's ear "Do it Mitch!"

Postby LakerEricR on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:21 pm

That was too close for comfort for me.
CL's resident Carolina Panther fan
Zune & Xbox Live ID:SBDuckfan

LakerEricR

Postby Slade366 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:22 pm

TT24 wrote:
TriangleOffense wrote:
What does that have to do with LA? We have players to defend the Magic players. Cleveland didn't and that's what killed them.

hahah you have no idea what your talking about. I predicted it perfectly, lets see your prediction LOL

I predict it will be a hard fought game.. whoever plays the hardest will win the game. Magic's defense will be a lot better. This was a good defensive team during the regular season and they shut down Lebron's Cavs. Also the asst coach implemented the jordan rules in detroit and won a ring there.

101-98 LA

Once again, still has nothing to do win LA. They didn't play D, as you saw and they played like they were dead, like you saw. And I was commenting on the Cavs reference. The Magic beat the Cavs because they didn't have anyone to defend Dwight or Lewis. Hell, their bench didn't show up.

The Lakers played the best D you could for a over time game.
41.8% and 20 turnovers. The had 4 quarters and over time and couldn't score more then 100. Pretty solid D.
Slade366

Postby TheGoat on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:23 pm

The key to beating Orlando is slowing down the tempo. They only a 2 Fastbreak points. At home they will likely be better.
"After slamming in an alley-oop as the Suns center(Amare Stoudemire) clung helplessly to his arm, Bynum hopped around like he was on a pogo stick, grinning and nodding in a 'Who’s the man-child now?' sort of way" -Chris Broussard of espn.
TheGoat

Postby scissors on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:28 pm

i really feel good about this win. although the offense wasn't the best, their defense was good.

to sum up today's game in one word.......WHEW!!!!
scissors

Postby max on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:29 pm

Man, there were so many awful calls against us. That goaltend with Howard putting his hand thru the net was bush. And then in crunch time the ball not going off Kobe's knee like the ref said was another bush call. I can't imagine Orlando getting more gifts like they did in this game.
max

"When we cut their lead to 10 we knew the game was over."
- James Worthy
max

Postby TT24 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:29 pm

Slade366 wrote:
TT24 wrote:hahah you have no idea what your talking about. I predicted it perfectly, lets see your prediction LOL

I predict it will be a hard fought game.. whoever plays the hardest will win the game. Magic's defense will be a lot better. This was a good defensive team during the regular season and they shut down Lebron's Cavs. Also the asst coach implemented the jordan rules in detroit and won a ring there.

101-98 LA

Once again, still has nothing to do win LA. They didn't play D, as you saw and they played like they were dead, like you saw. And I was commenting on the Cavs reference. The Magic beat the Cavs because they didn't have anyone to defend Dwight or Lewis. Hell, their bench didn't show up.

The Lakers played the best D you could for a over time game.
I was talking about in general. And like i said, once again, I was really commenting on the guy refering to the Cavs vs Magic. The Cavs and LA are VERY different.
41.8% and 20 turnovers. The had 4 quarters and over time and couldn't score more then 100. Pretty solid D.[/quote]
TT24

Postby scissors on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:29 pm

also lewis and turkoglu was on today and still the lakers won.
scissors

Postby Venti Quattro on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Just think, that non-call on the goaltend in the first quarter could have completely changed this series.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby TheGoat on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:34 pm

giggycel wrote:anyone watching the post game, heisler trying to bait phil into criticizing kobe's leadership

Yeah he sounded so stupid when he asked that. Lol. The least he could do is articulate a question in a logical way where his words actuall match what he has in his mind :man10:
TheGoat

Postby f355 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:Just think, that non-call on the goaltend in the first quarter could have completely changed this series.

Are you saying if that bucket went down lakers would of build their big lead from there and never look back? Orlando got their defense better but I think their shooting will improve when they go home where their environments at.
f355

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:40 pm

My intuition has been scary accurate, I'm scaring myself lol! I said we'd win game 5 and 6 and we did when we played Denver. I said we'd win game one with no hesitation even though I was nervous, and I said we'd win game 2 even though it would be close. I don't have any feelings about game 3 maybe until the mid-day or Tuesday lmfao! Lol!
Jazzygirl205

Postby Slamjam on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Lakers got away with one cause Kobe didn't play that well. The last plays before OT, Kobe had three guys wide open: Fisher, Ariza, and LO ready to receive the pass. He should have passed it instead of putting up the shot against three guys. I know we should have our best player take the last shot, but not against three guys. That put us in a predicament cause we nearly lost the game when Kobe got burned on that screen allowing a rookie to attempt a layup for the win. Luckily, Kobe had enough help in OT. Fisher didn't suck as much as he usually does, Trevor was good defensively, Pau was solid, and LO is playing like an MVP right now.
Slamjam

Postby jayy_zee on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:00 pm

whew, man what an ending. We were VERY fortunate. Two things that stand out: how lucky are we that Turkoglu had his foot on the line on that 3-pt shot that he made near the end of regulation, and Lee had a very, very, VERY makeable layup at the end of regulation. It's amazing how little plays like that can change a game or series.
jayy_zee

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:02 pm

jayy_zee wrote:whew, man what an ending. We were VERY fortunate. Two things that stand out: how lucky are we that Turkoglu had his foot on the line on that 3-pt shot that he made near the end of regulation, and Lee had a very, very, VERY makeable layup at the end of regulation. It's amazing how little plays like that can change a game or series.

On RealGM Magic fans are bailing Lee out saying it was a tough, tough look.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby NWLakerfan on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Great, gutsy win against a team that you knew wasn't gonna roll over.. That last play to Lee ALMOST coulda given us all nightmares, but it stayed out, and we took it over in OT.. Pau came up huge, Fish did the same and LO played his azz off, despite letting Rashard get open way too much in the first half.. And CLUTCH FT's to ice the game at the end..

And EFF all this talk about getting ONE in Orlando, let's get TWO and bring that Larry O'Brien trophy on the plane back home where it belongs..
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
NWLakerfan

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:07 pm

NWLakerfan wrote:Great, gutsy win against a team that you knew wasn't gonna roll over.. That last play to Lee ALMOST coulda given us all nightmares, but it stayed out, and we took it over in OT.. Pau came up huge, Fish did the same and LO played his azz off, despite letting Rashard get open way too much in the first half.. And CLUTCH FT's to ice the game at the end..

And EFF all this talk about getting ONE in Orlando, let's get TWO and bring that Larry O'Brien trophy on the plane back home where it belongs..

I'll drink to that.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby jayy_zee on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:07 pm

nah, it was a very makeable shot. It was semi-tough because he had .6 seconds and gasol came over to contest but nonetheless you got to make that shot.
jayy_zee

Postby jayy_zee on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 pm

NWLakerfan wrote:Great, gutsy win against a team that you knew wasn't gonna roll over.. That last play to Lee ALMOST coulda given us all nightmares, but it stayed out, and we took it over in OT.. Pau came up huge, Fish did the same and LO played his azz off, despite letting Rashard get open way too much in the first half.. And CLUTCH FT's to ice the game at the end..

yea i would've definately had nightmares had it went it, just like Tim Thomas's 3-pointer in game 6 in the 2006 playoffs. That shot still hurts.
jayy_zee

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:36 pm

Slamjam wrote:Lakers got away with one cause Kobe didn't play that well. The last plays before OT, Kobe had three guys wide open: Fisher, Ariza, and LO ready to receive the pass. He should have passed it instead of putting up the shot against three guys. I know we should have our best player take the last shot, but not against three guys. That put us in a predicament cause we nearly lost the game when Kobe got burned on that screen allowing a rookie to attempt a layup for the win. Luckily, Kobe had enough help in OT. Fisher didn't suck as much as he usually does, Trevor was good defensively, Pau was solid, and LO is playing like an MVP right now.

I figured you come in here and blame a win on Kobe but not in a positive way, you're just so consistent with yours....I can't tell how you'd be if we would've lost, *smfh*
Jazzygirl205

Postby f355 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:07 pm

Slamjam wrote:Lakers got away with one cause Kobe didn't play that well. The last plays before OT, Kobe had three guys wide open: Fisher, Ariza, and LO ready to receive the pass. He should have passed it instead of putting up the shot against three guys. I know we should have our best player take the last shot, but not against three guys. That put us in a predicament cause we nearly lost the game when Kobe got burned on that screen allowing a rookie to attempt a layup for the win. Luckily, Kobe had enough help in OT. Fisher didn't suck as much as he usually does, Trevor was good defensively, Pau was solid, and LO is playing like an MVP right now.

Well at the end they loss the ball twice because kobe was looking to pass but it just became a turn over. Kobe took matters into his own hands. Of course Orlando played triple D on him which caught him off guard. But he did give two big assist at the end and made his free throws when needed. So he still remains the best closer and we won. The end.
f355

Postby mambason24 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:11 pm

I was sitting there shaking my head when hedo hit that two pointer, before kobe had made the bank shot tying it. I was like, orlando is gonna pull it off somehow and their gonna make those big shots. What i liked about this win, is that the lakers didnt quit. and im loving Pau's toughness against howard. hes putting in some work. Who here is ready for that parade? and question...what time would it be?
KB24...has become to expensive...

i wanna talk lakers for free!
mambason24

Postby Forward Three on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:16 pm

jayy_zee wrote:whew, man what an ending. We were VERY fortunate. Two things that stand out: how lucky are we that Turkoglu had his foot on the line on that 3-pt shot that he made near the end of regulation, and Lee had a very, very, VERY makeable layup at the end of regulation. It's amazing how little plays like that can change a game or series.

Sure... an inch here and there can decide a game, or a goaltending no-call...
Forward Three

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday