Sun. 6/7 - Lakers vs. Magic - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Sun. 6/7 - Lakers vs. Magic - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Postby Slamjam on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:15 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:
Slamjam wrote:Lakers got away with one cause Kobe didn't play that well. The last plays before OT, Kobe had three guys wide open: Fisher, Ariza, and LO ready to receive the pass. He should have passed it instead of putting up the shot against three guys. I know we should have our best player take the last shot, but not against three guys. That put us in a predicament cause we nearly lost the game when Kobe got burned on that screen allowing a rookie to attempt a layup for the win. Luckily, Kobe had enough help in OT. Fisher didn't suck as much as he usually does, Trevor was good defensively, Pau was solid, and LO is playing like an MVP right now.

I figured you come in here and blame a win on Kobe but not in a positive way, you're just so consistent with yours....I can't tell how you'd be if we would've lost, *smfh*

Look, I just don't understand how a great player like Kobe can sometimes stink it up so much and forgets to move the ball. When we move the ball, the Lakers are unstoppable. When Kobe dribbles too much on his own and start jacking up difficult jumpers, he's just being selfish. When he draws multiple defenders, he needs to pass the freakin' ball. People complain about Lamar's inconsistency, but sometimes I truly wonder about Kobe's basketball IQ from some poor decisions he made. In game 1, Kobe was on fire, but some of those shots he took were not good shots despite the makes. He's not going to be on fire all series long, so he needs to tighten up with his shot selection. Kobe nearly cost us game 2 IMO. The other Lakers bailed us out. (Edit: And you got to remember, I'm judging Kobe on a different level than the scrubs, so I hold him more accountable)

Finally, I'm going to give credit to the Magic, especially JJ Redick, who stinks. If anyone have seen those Better Basketball commercials where they essentially ask "[Do you want to shoot like JJ Redick]?" LOL HELL NO! The guy sucks and is as cold as Sasha, yet he is regarded as the best shooter in college basketball history? Hopefully, he will continue to stink it up in Orlando. Rashard is always money though and I have a feeling Alston will be shooting lights out at home (almost like Brooks from the Houston series).
Slamjam

Postby Slade366 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:37 am

Forward Three wrote:
jayy_zee wrote:whew, man what an ending. We were VERY fortunate. Two things that stand out: how lucky are we that Turkoglu had his foot on the line on that 3-pt shot that he made near the end of regulation, and Lee had a very, very, VERY makeable layup at the end of regulation. It's amazing how little plays like that can change a game or series.

Sure... an inch here and there can decide a game, or a goaltending no-call...

Like the one were Dwight Howard stuck his hand up threw the basket to "block" Gasols dunk.
Slade366

Postby jayy_zee on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 am

Forward Three wrote:
jayy_zee wrote:whew, man what an ending. We were VERY fortunate. Two things that stand out: how lucky are we that Turkoglu had his foot on the line on that 3-pt shot that he made near the end of regulation, and Lee had a very, very, VERY makeable layup at the end of regulation. It's amazing how little plays like that can change a game or series.

Sure... an inch here and there can decide a game, or a goaltending no-call...

if you're referring to the last play of regulation, that was no goaltend. He didn't block it for one, and secondly, he didnt shake the rim or the goal in anyway.
jayy_zee

Postby goatis24 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:09 am

^Maybe he is talking about the goaltend Howard had on Gasol that was called a "block" in the 1st
goatis24

Postby G|B|G|B on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:09 am

learn from this game and move on
we NEED to win one in Orlando
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby TT24 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:27 am

^ Preferably Game 3...
TT24

Postby karacha on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 am

New thread please.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby G|B|G|B on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:55 pm

no new thread?
fine ill post this here
L.A. Lakers @ Orlando J. Crawford D. Stafford M. Wunderlich

CRAWFORD!!!
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:37 pm

where is the new thread?! =O
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:41 pm

I was waiting for JSM to start a new thread since he's on a 4 game winning streak. Guess I'll start one.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby from714to402 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:42 pm

two0one7 wrote:I was waiting for JSM to start a new thread since he's on a 4 game winning streak. Guess I'll start one.

Noooooo, don't jinx it!
from714to402

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday