Sun. 5/8 - Lakers @ Mavs - Game 4 - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 5/8 - Lakers @ Mavs - Game 4 - Predictions & Comments

Postby TheGoat on Sun May 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Congratulations to the Mavericks. Hats off to them. They will win the title if they continue to shoot like that, but they're gonna face stiffer competition because every team left is hungrier than this Laker team was.
"After slamming in an alley-oop as the Suns center(Amare Stoudemire) clung helplessly to his arm, Bynum hopped around like he was on a pogo stick, grinning and nodding in a 'Who’s the man-child now?' sort of way" -Chris Broussard of espn.
TheGoat

Location: whispering orders into Kupchak's ear "Do it Mitch!"

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sun May 08, 2011 3:11 pm

NawlinsLakerFan wrote:My thoughts...

They have gotten fat and lazy over the years and it finally showed...
Uncle_Meat

Postby Lakeshow86 on Sun May 08, 2011 3:12 pm

710 ESPN radio here in L.A. is calling it "The Mothers Day massacre".

And rightfully so.
Lakeshow86

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sun May 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Lakeshow86 wrote:710 ESPN radio here in L.A. is calling it "The Mothers Day massacre".

And rightfully so.

Yeah, and we know who the real 'mothers' are here... if you know what I mean :man12:
Uncle_Meat

Postby Lakeshow86 on Sun May 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Oh yeah I know what you mean. :man10:
Lakeshow86

Postby Lakers95 on Sun May 08, 2011 3:20 pm

STFU Rick Carlilse...Making stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] jokes.
LeBron's Motto: "Life's a long and tough road, take it 3 steps at a time."
Lakers95

Postby shoe on Sun May 08, 2011 3:20 pm

So only Kobe decided to show up in that first half and everyone else decided to take an early vacation.

Disappointed in Bynum/ Odom for trying to injure them.
shoe

Postby Jacks3 on Sun May 08, 2011 3:26 pm

7cody wrote:Jacks, if you think Kobe played great defense all year, including the playoffs, then I can honestly know for certain that you have very poor basketball knowledge. I will stop trying to convince you of that, however, but I know it with certainty. That's absurd.

Also, Bynum being in his sixth year is irellevant. He came into the league as a high school scrub that was drafted entirely off of potential and size. He's huge and has very nice genetical advantages if you know what I mean. Long arms. He was the perfect mold. At this stage in his career, he is now extremely skilled and could score for us efficiently, if we let him. He alters the game just by being there. I just think we should, you know, quit ignoring our second best player. That's all. I don't think Bynum >> Kobe, not even close. I also don't think Bynum is the best center in this league. But he can dominate. I'd be frustrated if I were him, hes sacrificing personal glory and success at the moment and trying to just focus on defense

You think a SG is the cause of the Lakers poor defense and I'm absurd? If you knew anything about basketball you'd know that defense has far more to do with the coaching scheme and front-court than it does with whatever the SG is doing. Again, the defense is a team thing and the entire team made consistent mistakes on that end. Calling out just Kobe is just retarded.

As for Bynum, sorry, but your excuses are silly. EVERY great player/big-man in history has shown his greatness and established themselves as GREAT by their sixth year and often sooner. The idea of Bynum being better than Pau is absurd at this point. Pau may have stunk it up this series, but he's still a 19/10/60% TS player. We've never seen Bynum do anything even close to that over a season and until he does he's a role-player. Period. His "potential" means nothing until he actually does something. Period.
Jacks3

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Sun May 08, 2011 3:33 pm

The defensive lapses in this series didn't just come from Kobe. Everyone is to blame for them. How else did Nowitzki et al get WIDE OPEN 3 point shots time after time after time? And because they had ALL DAY to shoot them they made them. Heck if I got wide open 3 point shots time after time I'd make them too and I'm not even a ball player.

I don't expect Dallas to keep shooting like this thru the playoffs and either Memphis or OKC will be better equipped to close out on their shooters than the Lakers were.
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby BadCoaching on Mon May 09, 2011 9:12 am

Did we win yet? Lakers in.. 8 :man5:
BadCoaching

Postby Justin Bailey on Wed May 11, 2011 6:52 am

BadCoaching wrote:Did we win yet? Lakers in.. 8 :man5:

:man10: That cheered me up a lot, thanks man!
KOBE G.O.A.T. wrote:Human is not car.
Justin Bailey

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday