Sun. 2/28 - Lakers vs Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 2/28 - Lakers vs Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:13 pm

flea_lakers wrote:As soon as refs have allowed us we have made a perfect defense. Glad to see.

Not a damn thing to do with the refs. Its when we started playing, thats when we won.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby jayy_zee on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:13 pm

karacha wrote:I think if we just had someone like Kirk starting @ PG -- we'd be bar far the best team in the league, locking everyone down. Oh well. Hopefully we'll make some changes next year and address the D at 1.

you ain't heard? Fisher wants to come back next year :jam2:
jayy_zee

Postby Crispy on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Love those fans that give up on the game in the beginning...

But damn Kobe was hard to watch today. I say give him less minutes so he's always fresh.
Crispy

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:14 pm

Well at least we won, I mean two ugly games in a row but at least we won.
Jazzygirl205

Postby jayy_zee on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:14 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
7cody wrote:
Furious Laker wrote:3-17 my god. Kobe is definitely on the downside of his career

It's one game. Did you already foret about all his game-winners this year? Or a recent game where he was like 13-19 shooting?

You're a... yeah.

Kobe only has a good game every week or so. Thats what happens when a player is on the down side of their career. It should be expected.

just like last year's playoff run, Kobe would have a great game followed by either a terrible shooting game or a so-so one. He's declining as every player does eventually no getting around it.
jayy_zee

Postby flea_lakers on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:14 pm

KB24@CL wrote:impressive second half...

but too many negatives to be happy about this...

Kobe looked done
Gasoft was his usual self against elite teams...garbage

Odom and Artest were the game winners for us...so glad they showed up. :bow: :bow: :bow:

15/14 and his defense over Martin & Nene is garbage? :freak2:
Come on, man! You're so ridiculous. We won this game on defense
Last edited by flea_lakers on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flea_lakers

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:14 pm

7cody wrote:
Furious Laker wrote:3-17 my god. Kobe is definitely on the downside of his career

It's one game. Did you already foret about all his game-winners this year? Or a recent game where he was like 13-19 shooting?

You're a... yeah.

Um it's not one game. Kobe has had NUMEROUS terrible shooting nights this season. And I'm not talking 4-12 or 7-17.

He's not the same dude he once was. His jumper is noticeably off. He'll have 1-2 good games then follow them up with 3-4 bad ones. That's what happens when you get older in this game though.

I just hope he has enough for the playoffs because this will never get it done. Happy we got the win but by no means am I confident.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby iberian_oso on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:14 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
7cody wrote:

You're a... yeah.

Kobe only has a good game every week or so. Thats what happens when a player is on the down side of their career. It should be expected.

Kobe never had so many game winners like this year, so I want players-on-the-down-side-of-their-career like him.
THE TWO MAGES, THE TWO KINGS IN YELLOW: MAGIC JOHNSON & MÁGICO GONZÁLEZ
iberian_oso

Postby cheetodust562 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:16 pm

played poorly the first 24 but some how manage to stay in game, picked it up the 2nd half played well in 4th, ill take the win.
props to odom and artest
cheetodust562

Postby Helljumper on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:17 pm

Am I the only one who thought this was a great game? We battled back from being down by double digits twice. Ron played his best game as a Laker. LO was amazing. Pau stepped up late. Fish hit some good shots and actually played defense, Kobe's shot wasn't falling but he did a great job distributing the ball.
Helljumper

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:17 pm

iberian_oso wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:
7cody wrote:

You're a... yeah.

Kobe never had so many game winners like this year, so I want players-on-the-down-side-of-their-career like him.

How does Kobe having a bunch of game winners against scrub teams make up for his obvious decline?
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby iberian_oso on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:19 pm

flea_lakers wrote:
KB24@CL wrote:impressive second half...

but too many negatives to be happy about this...

Kobe looked done
Gasoft was his usual self against elite teams...garbage

Odom and Artest were the game winners for us...so glad they showed up. :bow: :bow: :bow:

15/14 and his defense over Martin & Nene is garbage? :freak2:
Come on, man! You're so ridiculous

Yeah.

Look at the scoreboards and watch how many players in that "elite team" called Denver have been under 0.5

Billups 4-12 , Smith 3-12 , Afflalo 5-12 , Martin 3-11 , Anthony 7-19. Clearly garbage.

You know, some let´s say fans think basketball is a game played in the Play-Station or the X-Box. A hater will be always a hater.
iberian_oso

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:19 pm

:man10: @ the people in denial.

Even mark jackson mentioned a few times that KObe isn't the same player that he once was.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Slamjam on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 pm

At least the Lakers played defense. Despite the terrible shooting, Kobe distributed the ball well to lock up the win. Billups...this bastard lives by the three and dies by the three. Can't say enough about Artest for his efforts today. Maybe the refs are finally respecting the Lakers' defensive reputation so we should be able to administer our own brand of kick-@ss D.
Last edited by Slamjam on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slamjam

Postby jayy_zee on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
7cody wrote:

You're a... yeah.

Um it's not one game. Kobe has had NUMEROUS terrible shooting nights this season. And I'm not talking 4-12 or 7-17.

He's not the same dude he once was. His jumper is noticeably off. He'll have 1-2 good games then follow them up with 3-4 bad ones. That's what happens when you get older in this game though.

I just hope he has enough for the playoffs because this will never get it done. Happy we got the win but by no means am I confident.

sadly i think you can get ready for more bad games like this with his bad finger and all, because he doesn't have the athleticism anymore to get to the basket at will like the lebrons and the wades of the world.
jayy_zee

Postby flea_lakers on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Helljumper wrote:Am I the only one who thought this was a great game? We battled back from being down by double digits twice. Ron played his best game as a Laker. LO was amazing. Pau stepped up late. Fish hit some good shots and actually played defense, Kobe's shot wasn't falling but he did a great job distributing the ball.

People cry everytime because Lakers is a "soft" team. And now we play as a tough & physical team people continue complaining. Its annoying :disagree:
Last edited by flea_lakers on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flea_lakers

Postby jayy_zee on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:22 pm

lakers_09tv wrote::man10: @ the people in denial.

Even mark jackson mentioned a few times that KObe isn't the same player that he once was.

my thoughts exactly. True he's made quite a few game winners this season, but he's had some awful games this season. Give me '05 kobe any day or the kobe that could get to the paint with regularity. If his jumper is off, that's it unless he can draw a foul.
jayy_zee

Postby iberian_oso on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Did Mark Jackson talk about how Kobe is playing through several injuries?
iberian_oso

Postby 24/8Lakerfan on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:24 pm

It's all or nothing now this season...
24/8Lakerfan

Postby kingjsun on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Good way to end the month of February. I have physical training in 2.5 hours so I better go and get in this power nap.
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby kray28 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:29 pm

Nice win, they played with heart and effort. At the end of the day that's all I could ask for.

Hope Kobe gets his shooting legs back....he missed some very makeable looks today.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:30 pm

iberian_oso wrote:

Did Mark Jackson talk about how Kobe is playing through several injuries?

Jackson said that Kobe doesn't seem as explosive, said something about a lot of miles on his body, but then also added that he's playing through some injuries.

Kobe is fine....he has bad shooting nights even when healthy.

If you take 18 days off, then return to the grind, think your conditioning might be affected too? Give Kobe a week or so to get back in rhythm. He looked fine to me for the most part....but the shots were short which is usually a symptom of tired legs.

Hint: lakers_09tv == troll trying to instigate
Last edited by kray28 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kray28

Postby GinoDB on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Fisher looked like he was trying to throw the game at the end, good thing we have Odom an Artest , they played great in the 4th
GinoDB

Postby iberian_oso on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:34 pm

kray28 wrote:Nice win, they played with heart and effort. At the end of the day that's all I could ask for.

We also could ask for some loyalty from our fans. But I think this is not the board to find it.
iberian_oso

Postby kray28 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:35 pm

nvm
Last edited by kray28 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kray28

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday