Sun. 2/28 - Lakers vs Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 2/28 - Lakers vs Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Postby kray28 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:36 pm

iberian_oso wrote:
kray28 wrote:Nice win, they played with heart and effort. At the end of the day that's all I could ask for.

We also could ask for some loyalty from our fans. But I think this is not the board to find it.

Ignore them...a lot of them aren't really fans, or hopped on the bandwagon recently. They were nowhere to be found just a few years back when the team was struggling to get into the playoffs.
kray28

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:40 pm

kray28 wrote:
Hint: lakers_09tv == troll trying to instigate

kray = Homer that won't get off his knees.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Quest4Truth on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Kobe is coming back from and ankle injury that was serious enough to keep him out of games and people expect him to come back as if he had never been gone. Kobe has had 15 games this season shooting under 40% and is shooting almost 52% in the 40 others. Go back and look at Kobe's history and you will find he has had poor shooting games when perfectly healthy.
Quest4Truth

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Quest4Truth wrote:Kobe is coming back from and ankle injury that was serious enough to keep him out of games and people expect him to come back as if he had never been gone. Kobe has had 15 games this season shooting under 40% and is shooting almost 52% in the 40 others. Go back and look at Kobe's history and you will find he has had poor shooting games when perfectly healthy.

Its not only his shooting. Its his lift and athleticism, but like I've said it should be expected. Kobe is not a young player anymore.

We need to find a way to cut down his minutes. We are playing him too much.

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Quest4Truth on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Wouldn't it stand to reason that his lift would be adversely affected by his ankle injury and that it would take some time to get his conditioning back.
Quest4Truth

Postby Dr. Octagon on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
kray28 wrote:
Hint: lakers_09tv == troll trying to instigate

kray = Homer that won't get off his knees.

lakers_09tv = should stop talking.
Dr. Octagon

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Bad first half, good second half. Kobe sucked at shooting, but fortunately his teammates stepped up. The sixth foul on Melo also helped (not gonna get into whether it was justified, but I thought it was). Overall, an OK game by the Lakers, but they'll need to be a lot better come playoff time. :ball1: Also I'm :man10: at all the :boxing1: in this thread.
Last edited by mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:18 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:Overall, an OK game by the Lakers, but they'll need to be a lot better come playoff time. :ball1:

I think we will. We just need to cut down Fisher's minutes.

lakers_09tv

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:19 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:Overall, an OK game by the Lakers, but they'll need to be a lot better come playoff time. :ball1:

I think we will. We just need to cut down Fisher's minutes.

I could live with that, as long as he knocks down clutch shots and draws charges/fouls on his opponent. :man1:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Phenomenal defense by Ron Artest. No doubt "Beast Mode" was set to the "on" position today. LOL @ 6 steals WTF? Guy flat out shut Melo down. Lamar Odom also had another big game and lets not forget Bynum early, Gasol late and Josh Powell putting in some decent minutes during the first half when everyone but Ron Artest was struggling. Guys came through when Kobe played facilitator after he was unable to hit the broadside of a barn with his shot. Tough D won this game and it was led by Ron Artest. Lakers figured out at halftime that if the refs were going to let Denver play hard they should go out an even the score a little. FT attempts by halves tell the story there.

On a side note, I realize LA didn't really have all 100% of Kobe today, but keep in mind that the Nuggets also lost one of their deadliest weapons against the Lakers in Ty Lawson after he went out with that injury to his shoulder. I'm not saying Lawson and Kobe are on a level playing field, just that the Lakers being weak at the PG position as far as defense is concerned makes Lawson a big threat. Still, to come back from 13 and come within one and then battle back from 11 to win the game says something. Not the prettiest but one of the grittiest and me like.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:39 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Phenomenal defense by Ron Artest.

He was great today, that type of defense needs to be played by the whole team to win games, especially in the postseason. :jam2:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby oloks_yu on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:23 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:Phenomenal defense by Ron Artest.

He was great today, that type of defense needs to be played by the whole team to win games, especially in the postseason. :jam2:
that can of defense I expect the LAKERS will play during Playoffs baby... SHUT down defense. +MELO is a non factor of this game, thanks to the defense of Ron.
oloks_yu

Postby z32 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:13 pm

OMG I missed the game!!!! I thought it was going to be later in the night.......There's still a replay tonight but they always shorten the game up and skip a lot of the parts.
z32

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:22 pm

z32 wrote:OMG I missed the game!!!! I thought it was going to be later in the night.......There's still a replay tonight but they always shorten the game up and skip a lot of the parts.

Skip the first half of the game, trust me on this one. :man10:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby 432J on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:07 pm

okay win on this one, great D by artest
432J

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:48 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:
z32 wrote:OMG I missed the game!!!! I thought it was going to be later in the night.......There's still a replay tonight but they always shorten the game up and skip a lot of the parts.

Skip the first half of the game, trust me on this one. :man10:

Watching the first half makes the second half that much better.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:08 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Watching the first half makes the second half that much better.

True that. It all depends on how much time you want to spend watching a game that's already been played. Anyways, the fourth quarter is when the Lakers take the lead, so that's the only one I would watch, but that's just me. :freak2:

mamatheregoesthatman

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday