Sun. 4/3 - Lakers vs Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 4/3 - Lakers vs Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
Legendary wrote:Meh...Do a history search and you'll see that lakers_09tv comes into EVERY single gameday thread in which the Lakers are struggling, and he always opens his posts with the word "Pathetic."

You kinda get used to seeing him show up when the Lakers/Kobe are playing bad. Nothing new here.

I post in the gameday thread during EVERY LAKER GAME. From the start to finish, regardless if the Lakers are losing or not. GTFO with that bs.

You're certainly not the most optimistic poster.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Shampagni on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 pm

:mad1: WHY WAS BYNUM ON THE BENCH FOR THE 4TH QUARTER PHIL!!!! :disagree:
Shampagni

Postby Legendary on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:31 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
Legendary wrote:Meh...Do a history search and you'll see that lakers_09tv comes into EVERY single gameday thread in which the Lakers are struggling, and he always opens his posts with the word "Pathetic."

You kinda get used to seeing him show up when the Lakers/Kobe are playing bad. Nothing new here.

I post in the gameday thread during EVERY LAKER GAME. From the start to finish, regardless if the Lakers are losing or not. GTFO with that bs.

Please. We all know your M.O... You've been trolling this site since you joined it. And I post in every gameday thread...Have been since I joined so I've seen you and I know your pattern. All you do is overacting like a petulant little girl at the slightest hint of adversity, and demean Kobe every chance you get. So take your little "GTFO" and follow your own advice.

You're fooling absolutely no one around here.
Legendary

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:35 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:

You're certainly not the most optimistic poster.

I know I'm not. That's just the way I am.

And to Legendary, I couldn't careless what you think.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Habsolutely on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:35 pm

KB24 wrote:thats the Knicks team that we abused some months ago....without Amare, Fields, Douglas but with Nene, Aflalo and Smith.

I'll take it.

Thank you so much for the jinx
Habsolutely

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:36 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:I called this on page one. I have been watchin the Nuggs -- have boyz in Den. I have said this on several threads - Den will beat Oak City and then beat SA.

Lakers will go 7 against Memphis and then beat Portland in 7.

Then beat Den in 5.

That would be great for us. We'd beat Mem and Por in 5, and Den in 5 or 6.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:37 pm

Habsolutely wrote:
KB24 wrote:thats the Knicks team that we abused some months ago....without Amare, Fields, Douglas but with Nene, Aflalo and Smith.

I'll take it.

Thank you so much for the jinx

Oh please. Enough with the superstitious nonsense. We beat ourselves today.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Shampagni on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:37 pm

All of you guys who rag on me because I said the Pill Jackass is the worst coach in the league, answer me a simple question, :mad1: WHY WAS ANDREW BYNUM SITTING ON THE BENCH FOR THE 4TH QUARTER?!! :bang:
Gasol had two crucial turnovers because of his weak hands, and there was no one to box out that tattooed Thugget. Pill, why didn't you immediately call a timeout, when the nuggets started their run at the six minute mark, and coach up the team? :disagree:
Shampagni

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Shampagni wrote:All of you guys who rag on me because I said the Pill Jackass is the worst coach in the league, answer me a simple question,

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Wow and people get on me for being negative? Wow...

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Legendary on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:41 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:

Fine with me. The feeling is mutual.

And to be honest, the only reason I haven't put you on the ignore list yet, is because I enjoy laughing at you when the Lakers/Kobe make you look like a fool after you've melted down early in these threads.

It's always entertaining to see you then start with the "WOOOOOOO KOOOOBBEEEEE!!" :man10:

Keep it up...it's very entertaining.
Legendary

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Shampagni wrote:All of you guys who rag on me because I said the Pill Jackass is the worst coach in the league, answer me a simple question, :mad1: WHY WAS ANDREW BYNUM SITTING ON THE BENCH FOR THE 4TH QUARTER?!! :bang:
Gasol had two crucial turnovers because of his weak hands, and there was no one to box out that tattooed Thugget. Pill, why didn't you immediately call a timeout, when the nuggets started their run at the six minute mark, and coach up the team? :disagree:

He chose to rest Drew. We could have used him, but his presence would not have guaranteed a win, not with the way both teams were playing today.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Shampagni on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:48 pm

You think they get on you?, these homers can't stand any criticism, but I've been a Laker fan before many of these jokers were born, I remember when Pill took a powder, when we had a bad team, I wasn't sad to see him go! I remember instances where is recalcitrance cost us games, where his inability to actually lead, cost us games.
Shampagni

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Legendary wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:

Fine with me. The feeling is mutual.

And to be honest, the only reason I haven't put you on the ignore list yet, is because I enjoy laughing at you when the Lakers/Kobe make you look like a fool after you've melted down early in these threads.

It's always entertaining to see you then start with the "WOOOOOOO KOOOOBBEEEEE!!" :man10:

Keep it up...it's very entertaining.

:man10:
But that's just the ups and downs of being a fan. I just say what I'm feeling at that exact moment. Whether I'm celebrating or not.

lakers_09tv

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Shampagni wrote:

You think they get on you?, these homers can't stand any criticism, but I've been a Laker fan before many of these jokers were born, I remember when Pill took a powder, when we had a bad team, I wasn't sad to see him go! I remember instances where is recalcitrance cost us games, where his inability to actually lead, cost us games.

Yea, I know all that. But to say Phil is the worst coach in the NBA, is a bit of a stretch, no?

I mean c'mon.

lakers_09tv

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Shampagni wrote:

That's not true. So we're homers because we support our team and criticize unwarranted or unconstructive critcism? Who cares how long you've been a fan? I've been one since 1987. Phil's the worst coach in the NBA? You're seriously delusional if you actually believe that.
Last edited by mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Forward Three wrote:Ultimately, not having Bynum made the difference. No way drew would have been pushed out like that. But, health comes first, if sitting him for the remainder of the game is a necessary precaution, then I'd rather see him sit, even at the cost of a loss. Still, the Lakers lost this game with their turnovers and poor focus, those final seconds were just scramble mode.

I agree. We beat ourselves today. Nuggets did what they had to do. Anyways, Drew and Pau are fine.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby dmaul on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:10 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:I called this on page one. I have been watchin the Nuggs -- have boyz in Den. I have said this on several threads - Den will beat Oak City and then beat SA.

Lakers will go 7 against Memphis and then beat Portland in 7.

Then beat Den in 5.

They have a pretty balanced team but they're missing a crunch time closer. Frankly, I would be surprised if they beat OKC.
dmaul

Postby Shampagni on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:13 pm

Yea, I know all that. But to say Phil is the worst coach in the NBA, is a bit of a stretch, no?
I mean c'mon.

Give any good coach:
Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Toni Kukoc, Dennis Rodman, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, Shaq, Kobe, Glen Rice, the cream of the crop in Basketball, and they are going to win. Have you ever seen Pill win with a bad team? Now what about a coach like Pop, compare the rosters, he's done pretty well with less. Now that Pill is retiring, are the lakers going to fall apart? Why is it when the Lakers are playing great Pill gets all of the credit, but when they're stinkin' it up, it's the players fault?, doesn't he bear some responsibility?
I'm rough on Pill because everyone gives him a pass when the team plays bad. Haven't you watched a game and wondered why he would take a hot player out and substitute with a cold one, I have. Haven't you heard Stew say something to the effect, "Oh he's hot, he better watch out or he's going to the bench", it's a running joke, and still even you haven't answered my question, why was Bynum on the bench in the 4th quarter?, is that smart coaching? :disagree:
Shampagni

Postby Shampagni on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Who cares how long you've been a fan? I've been one since 1987
NEWBIE!
Shampagni

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Shampagni wrote:
Who cares how long you've been a fan? I've been one since 1987
NEWBIE!

It's irrelevant how long we've been fans, and as I said, Phil chose to rest Drew because he bumped knees with LO. Was it wrong? Maybe. Would we have won with him? We really don't know the answer to that question. Does that make him the worst coach? No. You need to get your head on straight.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Shampagni on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:26 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:The Lakers will blow out the Nuggets, and on national TV. Book it. :jam2:

:disagree: SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW HOMER! :disagree:
Shampagni

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Shampagni wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:The Lakers will blow out the Nuggets, and on national TV. Book it. :jam2:

:disagree: SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW HOMER! :disagree:

Relax. Hey, I was wrong, and I admit it. Stop trying to pick a fight with me. :man10:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Shampagni wrote:
I mean c'mon.

Give any good coach:
Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Toni Kukoc, Dennis Rodman, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, Shaq, Kobe, Glen Rice, :

You don't know squat. Remember Del Harris? He had Kobe and Shaq and couldn't get anywhere so they fired him...
Uncle_Meat

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Uncle_Meat wrote:
Shampagni wrote:
I mean c'mon.

Give any good coach:
Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Toni Kukoc, Dennis Rodman, Ron Harper, Steve Kerr, Shaq, Kobe, Glen Rice, :

You don't know squat. Remember Del Harris? He had Kobe and Shaq and couldn't get anywhere so they fired him...

True, and the Bulls were coached by Doug Collins before Phil took over.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Bynum was out in the 4th because he banged knees with LO. Given his injury history you would take extra precaution with that type of thing. Its a regular season game, why risk throwing him out there less than 100 percent to only reinjure the knee in a meaningless game.

Let me ask you this, would you be on here bashing phil or pill as you like to call him, if he put bynum in and he hurt his knee and missed the playoffs?

I bet you would be bashing him either way. And to come on lakers forum and call people homers is like walking into a cemetary and telling everyone there dead. No shet were homers when it comes to the lakers gameday forum, its gametime and were picking every little thing apart.

And great argument with the Phil sucks look at the players he's coached. You can throw in Kobe's only good when he has a big man to right? Sounds to me you've been a fan longer than any of us at hating on the lakers rather than supporting them.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday