Glad you guys are confident. I needed to see that.
I am very worried about this game. They are strong in 4 of the 5 weakness areas for the Lakers.
LA's weakness (problems with other teams)
1. Speedy PG Play (P&R too) -- Denver has two of the speediest (Lawson and Felton). Long day for Fish and Blake. Getting back in transition wil be key.
2. Defending 3 point shooters. Denver has many of them. If Kobe, Ron, and Shannon play dumb and sag, then Galo, JR, Harrington, Aflalo, could get hot. Granted, LA does a decent job on these and jump shots should kill Den, but any team can get hot. Hope JR has a JET day and hurts his team.
3. Having TWO guys who can do a decent job on Kobe -- Aflalo and Chandler. Can def make him work and take his legs for later in the game. Not saying they can stop him. But they are good defenders.
4. Active and athletic bigs. Nene can get Drew in foul trouble. We have seen Birdman's energy. If he is not playing, then I am not worried about Martin. Of course this favors LA, but so long as Drew and Pau have energy and don't get punked like they did for stretches against the Jazz d-league.
5. Bench -- not even close here. Not close. Denver's bench will likely destroy LAs. I hope not. But Phil will need to mix and match starters or it could get ugly. I hope Barnes coming back helps them. And I hope JR plays like Shannon and Shannon hits a few shots.
Simple game plan, feed our bigs. Hope Kobe plays Kobe-nash and goes for 12 assists. Then it will be easy. But I am worried.