Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Finwë on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Can you say, winning streak? LOL
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:49 pm

our first winning streak of the season! :jam2:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Ebanks sighting.


Damn.... he made bail....


:man10:

My mistake, I guess that's Clark. But isn't he wearing Ebanks' number? Or am I tripping?


My faith in the system is restored.... and I thought Ebanks was 6 as well....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23107
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Jellincon on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:50 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Ebanks sighting.


Damn.... he made bail....


:man10:

My mistake, I guess that's Clark. But isn't he wearing Ebanks' number? Or am I tripping?


Ebanks wears #3 :man10:
Jellincon

 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:50 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
Weezy wrote:Lol @ the starters being in up 17 with 2 minutes to go.

Back on Duhon, he did used to be a very good backup, I just thought his game had fallen off a cliff the past two seasons or so, but maybe he wasn't healthy or in shape, I'd like to see him get more of a shot at the backup PG.


where did he end up after chicago? new york and orlando right? he had a decent year once in new york, then for whatever reason things went ugly. he never really played THAT much in orlando.


I always liked him when he was on the Bulls. New York, I know he had a pretty good first year, second year he wasn't nearly as good for whatever reason, maybe the team was bad. In Orlando, what little I saw there he didn't play a whole lot, looking at the stats his minutes took a huge dive from New York to Orlando, from 36 and 30 per game in NY to 15 and 19 per game in Orlando. So I guess going off the stats, when given minutes he will produce, when he's not his production obviously goes down quite a bit. I'd say give him more of a shot here, but then Blake seems to have the 2nd PG spot permanently locked up for whatever reason.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:50 pm

lol jimmer played 10 mins and had 18pts. leading his entire team. fail queens
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:51 pm

He might be trash but I think Duhon should have a longer look.
Image
User avatar
JLaker17

 
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Jellincon wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Ebanks sighting.


Damn.... he made bail....


:man10:

My mistake, I guess that's Clark. But isn't he wearing Ebanks' number? Or am I tripping?


Ebanks wears #3 :man10:



:man10: :man10: :man10: Oops!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:51 pm

Ariza3 wrote:lol jimmer played 10 mins and had 18pts. leading his entire team. fail queens

One of only two guys with a positive +/-. Great coaching.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Weezy wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
Weezy wrote:Lol @ the starters being in up 17 with 2 minutes to go.

Back on Duhon, he did used to be a very good backup, I just thought his game had fallen off a cliff the past two seasons or so, but maybe he wasn't healthy or in shape, I'd like to see him get more of a shot at the backup PG.


where did he end up after chicago? new york and orlando right? he had a decent year once in new york, then for whatever reason things went ugly. he never really played THAT much in orlando.


I always liked him when he was on the Bulls. New York, I know he had a pretty good first year, second year he wasn't nearly as good for whatever reason, maybe the team was bad. In Orlando, what little I saw there he didn't play a whole lot, looking at the stats his minutes took a huge dive from New York to Orlando, from 36 and 30 per game in NY to 15 and 19 per game in Orlando,


The T.O. numbers seem real good for a "true" point guard in those minutes... Better than what we have in systems that don't feature "true" point guard play.....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23107
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Jellincon on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm happy with this win. I could care less whether Cousins was there or not. Earlier we lost to Dallas when their best players were out. I'll proudly take this win.
Jellincon

 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Weezy wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
Weezy wrote:Lol @ the starters being in up 17 with 2 minutes to go.

Back on Duhon, he did used to be a very good backup, I just thought his game had fallen off a cliff the past two seasons or so, but maybe he wasn't healthy or in shape, I'd like to see him get more of a shot at the backup PG.


where did he end up after chicago? new york and orlando right? he had a decent year once in new york, then for whatever reason things went ugly. he never really played THAT much in orlando.


I always liked him when he was on the Bulls. New York, I know he had a pretty good first year, second year he wasn't nearly as good for whatever reason, maybe the team was bad. In Orlando, what little I saw there he didn't play a whole lot, looking at the stats his minutes took a huge dive from New York to Orlando, from 36 and 30 per game in NY to 15 and 19 per game in Orlando. So I guess going off the stats, when given minutes he will produce, when he's not his production obviously goes down quite a bit. I'd say give him more of a shot here, but then Blake seems to have the 2nd PG spot permanently locked up for whatever reason.


Yeah, I liked him Chi town and his first year in New York, too. I'll freely admit I drank the Kool Aid and was pushing for us to get him here. But, you know, he's looked pretty darn good to me this season (and preseason). Better than Blake I thought.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 pm

Weezy wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
Weezy wrote:Lol @ the starters being in up 17 with 2 minutes to go.

Back on Duhon, he did used to be a very good backup, I just thought his game had fallen off a cliff the past two seasons or so, but maybe he wasn't healthy or in shape, I'd like to see him get more of a shot at the backup PG.


where did he end up after chicago? new york and orlando right? he had a decent year once in new york, then for whatever reason things went ugly. he never really played THAT much in orlando.


I always liked him when he was on the Bulls. New York, I know he had a pretty good first year, second year he wasn't nearly as good for whatever reason, maybe the team was bad. In Orlando, what little I saw there he didn't play a whole lot, looking at the stats his minutes took a huge dive from New York to Orlando, from 36 and 30 per game in NY to 15 and 19 per game in Orlando. So I guess going off the stats, when given minutes he will produce, when he's not his production obviously goes down quite a bit. I'd say give him more of a shot here, but then Blake seems to have the 2nd PG spot permanently locked up for whatever reason.


i guess i could understand the fall off in new york, cuz that was probably in their garbage years...they were quite a mess. what i've seen so far of duhon, i've liked. above all things, he looks pretty comfortable and decisive...a quality steve blake lacks at times. maybe blake's abdominal strain thing can give us more minutes to take a better look at him.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm with all of you guys on Duhon, I'd like to see him get a shot at backup PG. Blake gives us pretty much the absolute minimum as a backup, and as a starter he's just able to hide. Duhon is definitely a no nonsense PG, not flashy, protects the ball, just does his job, and he might not be anymore (haven't seen enough to say), but he used to be a decent defender too.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:05 pm

i just want to say i appreciate what bernie's been doing. just listening to the man talk in post game is a real treat (maybe cuz we've been subjected to you-know-who for so long). SO refreshing that he knows players stats without even needing to look at a sheet. fwiw, i'll miss you bernie.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby kray28 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:08 pm

BTW...props to Bernie Bickerstaff, for good rotations, and just letting the guys play.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21241
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Sun. 11/11 - Lakers vs Queens - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 am

kray28 wrote:BTW...props to Bernie Bickerstaff, for good rotations, and just letting the guys play.


Exactly. And I just wonder if Mike Brown is kicking himself right now, for being an idiot for trying to implement a system that had our guys playing in a dazed and confused manner. Mike might still be here if he wasn't trying to overcoach the team... lmao...
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
Image
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
User avatar
Lakeshow24

 
Posts: 4634
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.