Sun. 2/12 - Lakers @ Raptors - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 2/12 - Lakers @ Raptors - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:44 pm

KB24 wrote:unfortunetly now the Lakers feel like they played well, Kobe thinks he was clutch, Bynum thinks he was a force, Gasol thinks he was the most versatile player on the floor, Fisher thinks he limited Calderon to 30 points and Mike Brown thinks he had brilliant plays called to finish the game.

this game was awful and every frickin' player was awful. Blowing a 20 point lead against a punchless garbage team. Kobe was single handedly losing the game...but if you take a billion shots, eventually one will go in..now he certainly won't remember the misses and the fact that he never scores more points than the amount of shots he takes.

Exactly how I feel as well.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 pm

KB24 wrote:unfortunetly now the Lakers feel like they played well, Kobe thinks he was clutch, Bynum thinks he was a force, Gasol thinks he was the most versatile player on the floor, Fisher thinks he limited Calderon to 30 points and Mike Brown thinks he had brilliant plays called to finish the game.

this game was awful and every frickin' player was awful. Blowing a 20 point lead against a punchless garbage team. Kobe was single handedly losing the game...but if you take a billion shots, eventually one will go in..now he certainly won't remember the misses and the fact that he never scores more points than the amount of shots he takes.

Pretty much. You'll have a few idiots like the one above^^ who thinks Kobe is the GOAT now because he made up for the situation he put the team in while rational fans will still realize this team is god awful and blew an 18 pt lead against a really bad team. They still suck plain and simple.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Forward Three on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 pm

Exciting finish. Reminder of why I love this game so much. Yeah, it sucks to know that this team is grasping at straws sometimes and has a lot of awful tendencies, but you just can't script that type of tension in the closing minutes. Good things. The W is what matters.

Of course, I say that because I've all but given up hopes that this team will pull it together to win another championship(or even contend really), so might as well look for enjoyment elsewhere.
Forward Three

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 pm

biggestkobefanever wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote::man10: Kobe is so ****ing atrocious

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Kobe just lost us the game against the Raptors

You're embarrassing yourself right now. Kobe did a lot to get us back a win we should have ran away with, but he also did the most in helping to give away what should have been a gimme. You can leave now.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby KB24 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote::man10: Kobe is so ****ing atrocious

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Kobe just lost us the game against the Raptors

well Kobe tried hard to lose the game...but even at that he failed.

I know I have been ranting in this thread all night...but seriously...this team is getting on my nerves. Its incredibly disappointing to see this team show no emotions or heart on the floor.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:46 pm

the best_24 wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:Kobe is costing us this game.

Kobe as a closer is so overrated.

you shouldn't be here. this is lakers forum and not lakers haters site.

Look who's talking. This is a Lakers forum, not a Kobe groupie blog. :man10: :man10: :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:47 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack is a kobe hater.JoelMyersScrotalSack here is something for you what about bynum, gasol and so on . the played absolutely awful in 2nd half and the only thing you can do is blame kobe for everything. he didn t played great but he saved the win with his last plays.
kobebryant248

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:47 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:

Pretty much. You'll have a few idiots like the one above^^ who thinks Kobe is the GOAT now because he made up for the situation he put the team in while rational fans will still realize this team is god awful and blew an 18 pt lead against a really bad team. They still suck plain and simple.

Deep breath. Calling people idiots is against the rules here. And calling yourself rational implies something else about the people you're debating with. Keep it civil. Let your arguments and the facts do the work for you.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:47 pm

the best_24 wrote:

I'm a LAKERS FAN. I'm not a Kobe fanatic like you. Same way how you can criticize Pau, you should be able to do the same with Kobe.

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:50 pm

our team's suckiness is tearing us all apart :man6:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Ariza68 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:51 pm

trodgers wrote:
trodgers wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:0 for his last 6, 0 assists, 4 turnovers. I'm waiting for someone to defend him. Please.

When it's over, I will. Just wait.

So, if we're looking at stats, Kobe had only 1 assist, but how many times did he leave it off perfectly for guys only to see misses? I don't think he was 0 for his last 6; I think it was 0 for his last 5. He finished off hitting 6 of his last 12, hit the game-winner, came up with a key steal, covered Calderon on the inbounds that led to the 5-seconds, and hit a FT to make it a 3-pointer to win.

Kobe closed this one out.

BUT...I would've defended him anyway. Pau was 6-15. The bench wasn't able to hold their ground. Kobe wasn't great, but he didn't lose the game. Kobe should be able to drive and shoot and count on his bigs to get rebounds when there's not one player on D who's over 6'9. 26 boards from our bigs is nice, but they should've had more.

0 for 5 and a TO at the end?. Most than enough to lose a game. The rest of your post more or less the habitual bla bla bla about Kobe cannot do bad.
Ariza68

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:52 pm

the best_24 wrote:

Shut up. Holy Crap you're not the internet police and you're not Kobe's forum bodyguard so give it a rest.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Ariza68 wrote:0 for 5 and a TO at the end?. Most than enough to lose a game. The rest of your post more or less the habitual bla bla bla about Kobe cannot do bad.

Kobe "did bad." You can do better.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby the best_24 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:55 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:
the best_24 wrote:

I'm a LAKERS FAN. I'm not a Kobe fanatic like you. Same way how you can criticize Pau, you should be able to do the same with Kobe.

with all due respect to Pau, who is he compared to Kobe?
Kob did enough to not be judged by every fu cking bad position. you have no respect to Kobe, you think hes just another player in the squad. My advice to you (obviously you are not his fan), is - STFU and trust him.

and he is the best closer.
the best_24

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:57 pm

And most of the stuff you wrote is untrue. Kobe wasn't single handedly losing the game at all. He missed a couple of shots, shots that no one else in the team was willing to take. Kobe had a great second half except for that 2 minute stretch there. Meanwhile, nobody else in the team had played well in the second half.
He actually won the game for the lakers almost by himself.
He made a HUGE 3, which I'm sure no one here wanted him to take, and then applauded the make. Then, he stole the ball from Kleiza, and dished it to MWP for the wide open layup.
Calderon scored again on Blake (not Kobe, Blake, who you don't even mention for his questionable D on Calderon--> he gave him too much room to shoot, as though he was afraid of Calderon blowing by him, like he was a good driver or something).
What does Kobe do? He takes one of those "bad shots" people like you constantly critizise and drains it to bring the lakers up. (GAME WINNER)
The lakers put Kobe on Calderon and he never receives the ball. End of the game.

By the way, Kobe scored 27 on 23 shots, meaning he didn't score less points than shots attempted as you suggest he "always" does. This, actually, has only happened once this season I believe, and it was in Denver, one of his worst games ever. Not that long after, he "overcame" such a terrible game with a series of 40+ point games.

There is no way Bynum or Gasol will be satisfied with the game they had. If you believe they will, maybe you shouldn't be commentating on anything.
Fisher knows he didn't do well against Calderon and actually it was Blake who guarded him for the entire 4th quarter.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby nameant on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:58 pm

the best_24 wrote:with all due respect to Pau, who is he compared to Kobe?

Oh he's just the guy that made our franchise relevant again and helped Kobe get his last 2 rings.
nameant

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 pm

the best_24 wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:
the best_24 wrote:

Kob did enough to not be judged by ecery fu cking bad position. you have no respect to Kobe, you think hes just another player in the squad. My advice to you (obviously you are not his fan), is - STFU and trust him.

He is a player on the Lakers. Just like how Pau is a player on the Lakers.

lakers_09tv

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:01 pm

I've edited this post and issued a warning. If KB24 saw what you wrote, you might've gotten worse. You can certainly disagree with his take (I do), but you have to be respectful to all site members. Thanks.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:02 pm

trodgers wrote:
Ariza68 wrote:0 for 5 and a TO at the end?. Most than enough to lose a game. The rest of your post more or less the habitual bla bla bla about Kobe cannot do bad.

Kobe "did bad." You can do better.

He has a point. Your post comes off as Kobe love regardless of what took place out there, and you yourself admitted that you would have "defended him anyway". Thing is, just because others play poorly, it doesn't mean Bryant should get a pass. I agree with highlighting the positives in what he did late in a game which was only as close as it was largely because of what Bryant did (or didn't do rather) out there, but your post comes off as "homerish" when you cherry pick his stats ("six of his last 12" sounds better than "0-6 until he hit that three and that baseline jumper") and when you seemingly ignore that his ill-advised long-range three early into the clock at around 1 min. almost sealed the win for the Raps. Bryant ultimately saved a win for LA, but he was in a position to do so mainly because he had a large part in helping to put Toronto ahead. In short, "he played really good...right after he played really bad". Gotta look at bofe sides.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:02 pm

No wonder Kobe fans have such a bad rap. Some of them are so annoying.
Last edited by lakers_09tv on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lakers_09tv

Postby the best_24 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:03 pm

nameant wrote:
the best_24 wrote:with all due respect to Pau, who is he compared to Kobe?

Oh he's just the guy that made our franchise relevant again and helped Kobe get his last 2 rings.

I love Pau, but Kob did a little more than him for the franchise.
the best_24

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:04 pm

LOL what a f'ucking hater! And most of the stuff you wrote is untrue. Kobe wasn't single handedly losing the game at all. He missed a couple of shots, shots that no one else in the team was willing to take. Kobe had a great second half except for that 2 minute stretch there. Meanwhile, nobody else in the team had played well in the second half.
He actually won the game for the lakers almost by himself.
He made a HUGE 3, which I'm sure no one here wanted him to take, and then applauded the make. Then, he stole the ball from Kleiza, and dished it to MWP for the wide open layup.
Calderon scored again on Blake (not Kobe, Blake, who you don't even mention for his questionable D on Calderon--> he gave him too much room to shoot, as though he was afraid of Calderon blowing by him, like he was a good driver or something).
What does Kobe do? He takes one of those "bad shots" people like you constantly critizise and drains it to bring the lakers up. (GAME WINNER)
The lakers put Kobe on Calderon and he never receives the ball. End of the game.

By the way, Kobe scored 27 on 23 shots, meaning he didn't score less points than shots attempted as you suggest he "always" does. This, actually, has only happened once this season I believe, and it was in Denver, one of his worst games ever. Not that long after, he "overcame" such a terrible game with a series of 40+ point games.

There is no way Bynum or Gasol will be satisfied with the game they had. If you believe they will, maybe you shouldn't be commentating on anything.
Fisher knows he didn't do well against Calderon and actually it was Blake who guarded him for the entire 4th quarter.

Everyone knows it wasn't a good game, but this post of yours is completely moronic.

the best_24 wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:I'm a LAKERS FAN. I'm not a Kobe fanatic like you. Same way how you can criticize Pau, you should be able to do the same with Kobe.

Kob did enough to not be judged by every fu cking bad position. you have no respect to Kobe, you think hes just another player in the squad. My advice to you (obviously you are not his fan), is - STFU and trust him.

Kobe groupies out in full force. :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:10 pm

trodgers wrote:
trodgers wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:0 for his last 6, 0 assists, 4 turnovers. I'm waiting for someone to defend him. Please.

When it's over, I will. Just wait.

So, if we're looking at stats, Kobe had only 1 assist, but how many times did he leave it off perfectly for guys only to see misses? I don't think he was 0 for his last 6; I think it was 0 for his last 5. He finished off hitting 6 of his last 12, hit the game-winner, came up with a key steal, covered Calderon on the inbounds that led to the 5-seconds, and hit a FT to make it a 3-pointer to win.

Kobe closed this one out.

BUT...I would've defended him anyway. Pau was 6-15. The bench wasn't able to hold their ground. Kobe wasn't great, but he didn't lose the game. Kobe should be able to drive and shoot and count on his bigs to get rebounds when there's not one player on D who's over 6'9. 26 boards from our bigs is nice, but they should've had more.

Wisdom from our site manager. Many of you posters were blaming Kobe for a loss that hadn't happened yet and it wasn't even his fault! He had a bad stretch and you completely burned him, while ignoring most of the stuff going on for the raptors wasn't actually kobe's fault.

Many of the posters here don't deserve to see Kobe Bryant play. I only hope you realize how unique he is once he retires and how fortunate we were to have someone so different and so good play for the lakers during our time.
There will be years and years before a player that good plays for the lakers again. Maybe it will never happen. So please, a little patience, a little support, a little respect for one of the greatest to ever lace them up.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:10 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:He has a point. Your post comes off as Kobe love regardless of what took place out there, and you yourself admitted that you would have "defended him anyway".

A game is 48 minutes long. I would've defended Kobe based on what he did leading up to the final minutes.

Thing is, just because others play poorly, it doesn't mean Bryant should get a pass.

I don't think Kobe should get a pass. He's the highest paid player on the team, and he's the highest profile player on the team. He should be analyzed and criticized. I said that Kobe didn't lose the game. That's very different from giving him a pass. Kobe didn't play a great game overall. He didn't rebound. He didn't play great D (until late in the game, and then he was awesome on two possessions). He didn't shoot particularly well. He could've hit the first FT at the end. But going 0-5 in a stretch didn't lose the game. Similarly, just one stretch from Pau didn't lose the game (he was 5-7 at one point; finished 6-15; so he finished 1-8).

I agree with highlighting the positives in what he did late in a game which was only as close as it was largely because of what Bryant did (or didn't do rather) out there, but your post comes off as "homerish" when you cherry pick his stats ("six of his last 12" sounds better than "0-6 until he hit that three and that baseline jumper") and when you seemingly ignore that his ill-advised long-range three early into the clock at around 1 min. almost sealed the win for the Raps. Bryant ultimately saved a win for LA, but he was in a position to do so mainly because he had a large part in helping to put Toronto ahead. In short, "he played really good...right after he played really bad". Gotta look at bofe sides.

He didn't miss 6 in a row. He missed 5 in a row. And that was within the last 12, of which he hit six. Now if you look at his last two, he hit them both. Don't buy for a second that Kobe played "the main part" in falling behind.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby kray28 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Must be hard for you bruddah, to accept.....but Kobe did basically win that game more or less singeghandedly in the last minute. Hits the clutch three, forces the steal, dishes a fast break assist, and then covers Calderon like glue to force the five second violation.
kray28

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday