Sun. 11/27 vs. Nets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby okay on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:52 pm

Had Odom made that 3 that Kobe gave him, we would have won the game.
okay

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:53 pm

Kobe's gonna get tired carrying the team like this. Someone is going to need to step up.

Obviously this guy's name isn't Lamar either. That's the scary thing.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby okay on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:55 pm

BRING IN SPREWELL DAMNIT.

Suck up your damn pride, and sign the bastard. We need a scorer. Plain and simple.
okay

Postby bumrusherer on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:55 pm

yeah, that result hurt.

i really thought Odom would string together 2 good games in a row. Thats a real downer.

I still cant believe that Kobe gave the ball up at the end of regulation. I thought he would do the same move that he did against the knicks last season.

did vince play tonight? :mhihi:
bumrusherer

Postby Total_Package on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:55 pm

Every player has a bad game, Odom happen to have a bad game. We should of kept Caron Butler, but lets face it, thats in the past. Lets forget about this loss and Kwame. If Cook can keep this offense of his up, I see no reason to bring Kwame back in the starting lineup. As for Mihm, I think we should put Bynum in the starting lineup. Another good game by 18yrold BYNUM.

by the way, calm down :man10: :man10:
Lets not get to ahead of ourselves by bashing Odom
FAQs:
Caron Butler totally owns Kwame Brown
You guys need to stop acting like if Brown>Butler.
Butler was the better offensive player. Kwame is just a bench player averaging 21mins/6pts/6rebs per game on solid defense.
If a PG wanted to, he could box out Kwame...
Total_Package

Postby GCMD on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:55 pm

Hey...

LO missed a shot but this game was lost on the defensive end, not offensive...had LAL gotten the stops they needed, LAL would have won the game...

LO didn't help but he's also not the ONLY reason we lost...

Stay objective guys...this is a work in progress...don't focus on the last play...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby Sirron on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:56 pm

Interesting game. Whenever your second best scorer is Cook, and your supposed 2nd scorer is 1/11, you are going to struggle. I guess I don't understand why Odom was shooting threes when NJ's top two post players had fouled out. Frustrating to waste such a good effort. (as far as getting back in the game)
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby GuyverX on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 pm

You guys now know why Clipper fans are so happy that he's gone. Odom will choke in almost every pressure situation. I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. The only thing that he's only improved on since his day as a Clipper is rebounding and being able to stay healthy.

Odumb's outside shot = :bricks:
GuyverX

Postby kwamejoke on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 pm

Total_Package wrote:
kwamejoke wrote:kobe disappeared in OT.

Can you believe it ?? :man8:

So far this season, he has done that like two or three times already

This loss should be blamed on Odom
And on Mitch DumbChak for trading Caron Butler for Kwame Brown... :man12:
Seriously, where did Odom go on defense and offense?
Nowhere

I'm not blaming kobe. I think he should take over in the OT.

odom deserves all the blame. :mad1:
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby eNlight on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
eNlight

Postby GCMD on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:58 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Kobe's gonna get tired carrying the team like this. Someone is going to need to step up.

Obviously this guy's name isn't Lamar either. That's the scary thing.

Come on, BDG...

You HAD to have seen that coming...

Nice to vindicated on a point that I have been PREACHING since the start of the season... :man1:

GCMD

Postby okay on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:59 pm

ROFL, I love reading kobebryant42pointsatthehalf's posts. Everytime I see his avatar, I just start laughing.
okay

Postby Neener on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:00 am

^^ lol you gonna get in trouble for bypassing the filter.
Neener

Postby Real Deal on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:00 am

KobeBryant42pointsathalf...if you continue to post what you are posting, you're headed out the door.
Real Deal

Postby okay on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:02 am

Real Deal wrote:KobeBryant42pointsathalf...if you continue to post what you are posting, you're headed out the door.

Aw comeon man, his posts are hilarious.
okay

Postby Sirron on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:02 am

okay wrote:ROFL, I love reading kobebryant42pointsatthehalf's posts. Everytime I see his avatar, I just start laughing.

Actually his posts are offensive and he should be banned. Family site, and intentional filter bypassing is low rent. :man5:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:02 am

double :bang:
Last edited by Lakerfan36 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:02 am

waiting for the trade odom threads to come
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby GCMD on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:03 am

okay wrote:BRING IN SPREWELL DAMNIT.

Suck up your damn pride, and sign the bastard. We need a scorer. Plain and simple.

I have been for that since the start of the season...

I have figured out why they haven't signed him though...no where to play...

Kobe/LO take up most of the time at SG/SF...Spree theoretically could play lead guard but they like Smush's D...

Plus their bench is FILLED with backcourt players...Mitch would have to concede a bad signing in McKie which also makes signing Spree harder...

Finally, someone would have to be cut...

Spree is not likely...

GCMD

Postby lakaboy42 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:04 am

how much proof does mitch need that lamar odom isn't working out? it is unfair to the fans and the players to keep this up, just trade him, for anybody!!!
TRADE LAMAR!!!!
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby Manve77 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:04 am

Odom is selling....but who's bying???
Spartak Moscow. Lakers. Penguins. Liverpool. Lazio. Barcelona. River Plate.
Manve77

Postby Real Deal on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:04 am

okay wrote:
Real Deal wrote:KobeBryant42pointsathalf...if you continue to post what you are posting, you're headed out the door.

Aw comeon man, his posts are hilarious.

I don't care what they are, it's against the guidelines and it's immature. It's been consistent this entire season, and I'm tired of seeing, and moderating, all of them.
Real Deal

Postby thisbjgz on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:05 am

kidd totally abused the defense tonight..

yes..we have the spurs up next..better yet..IN THE SBC CENTER ! wooooooo, to see smush got abused by j kidd tonight..i really dont wanna see what tony parker is about to do to him..

very sad disappointing game to watch..
thisbjgz

Postby cthroatgtr on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:05 am

Get used to this. NJ played the Lakers EXACTLY as any team should. Focus on Kobe and DARE anyone else to beat you. Any good team would have buried the Lakers in the first quarter.

Luke was a nice addition and will help the offense. The only problem is I am not sure who will be catching his passes. Still the offensive looked better with him in the game.

Cook did a nice job overall, but ultimately was overmatched at times inside, but you can fault that on no Mihm. Cook is not a center by any means.

LO - horrible game. No defense of him tonight.

The comment on Kobe in OT. They literally had two on him at all times (of course can you blame them). Someone else needed to step up and unfortunately didn't happen. There really isn't a second scorer on this team. Hate on Chucky all you want, but he was a good offensive player as was Caron. We traded offense for defense and tonights game is the results.

Speaking of Chucky he maybe available as Washington doesn't play him and he is already making noise. I can hear the screaming now, but as a backup he would bring a few important things. First perimeter shooting which is a weakness and he also can create his own offense, which no one else can on this team really besides Kobe and sometimes Lamar.
cthroatgtr

Postby BDG on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:07 am

GameCockMD wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:Lamar Odom blew a lot of this game for us.

Hands down.

1/11.

And this guy's supposed to be our #2 option.

Great job LO, we couldn't depend on you once tonight.

Kobe, Cook and Luke get the nod tonight. Everyone else SUCKED.

He doesn't play to his strengths...he's not a spot-up shooter...

Luke is doing what LO is SUPPOSED to be doing...if Luke can get/stay healthy, look for LO to be moved shortly...
I agree completely.

Lamar just isn't fitting in. It's obviously not Kobe at this point.

LO missed a shot but this game was lost on the defensive end, not offensive...had LAL gotten the stops they needed, LAL would have won the game...
Now see that's where I disagree... 19% shooting in the first is inexcusable. If we shot even 39% we would have won this game by 10 points. I do agree we didn't get stops in OT, but we couldn't hit a shot either.

I won't give LO the full blame, that's unfair... but he did play a huge part in this loss considering he's supposed to be our second option.

By the way, anyone noticing the improvement in Sasha? He played great D on Kidd tonight and made some great decisions down the stretch. I was pissed when Phil put Smush back in-- Kidd torched Smush all night. :man5:

The bright spot in this game was the Lakers' poise. A young team like us would have usually given up and started trying to force the offense when we went down by 18. Instead, we slowed it up and Luke/Kobe/Sasha (yes, Sasha) ran the offense and started getting stops.

Too bad we went back to our first quarter ways in OT. I'm still puzzled why Phil put Smush back in for Sasha when he was playing so well and under control.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday