Sun. 11/27 vs. Nets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby unpossibl1 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:08 am

nameant wrote:<================ says it all.

man this team is too damn frusturating to watch...

Love that av....gonna borrow it, if you don't mind.
unpossibl1

Postby cthroatgtr on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:08 am

I would also agree with the comment about Kobe being tired carrying the team on his back. He scored half their points and not only took Carter out of the game, darn near fouled out half the team as well. He can at times shoot too much, but he brings his all and never backs down. Can't fault him on that.

Back in the Shaq/Kobe Laker days my girlfriend (not a knowledgeable basketball mind btw) always commented that if she was playing the Lakers she would just double Shaq, double Kobe and let the last person guard the other three. Now it is just Kobe...even easier to defend.
cthroatgtr

Postby Manve77 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:12 am

Just take a look at Lamar's shot selection...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart ... =251127013

He took 4 3s, didn't make any of them
took 5 shot's from the paint...made 1
missed 2 layups....

WTF is that? He even doesn'n shoot from middle range at all!!!
And his shot inside the paint just sucks, not mentioning layups.... :bang: :bang: :bang:
Spartak Moscow. Lakers. Penguins. Liverpool. Lazio. Barcelona. River Plate.
Manve77

Postby okay on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:12 am

Kobe has been an Iverson scorer lately. Getting 40 points but on 30 shots.

It's going to continue until another scorer comes into action. Kwame Brown most likely.
okay

Postby Lakers4Eva on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:13 am

I only saw the 4th quarter, Kidd was a beast and it looked like a pretty good game. They might as well trade Lamar cuz he does not fit in at all.
"No need to act a fool in public
'Cause when you, ego trip you just lose your luggage"

Phonte (of Little Brother)
Lakers4Eva

Postby cthroatgtr on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:13 am

By the way, anyone noticing the improvement in Sasha? He played great D on Kidd tonight and made some great decisions down the stretch. I was pissed when Phil put Smush back in-- Kidd torched Smush all night. :man5:

I agree 100% and I have to say back in the preseason I was wondering why he was still around.

The bright spot in this game was the Lakers' poise. A young team like us would have usually given up and started trying to force the offense when we went down by 18. Instead, we slowed it up and Luke/Kobe/Sasha (yes, Sasha) ran the offense and started getting stops.

Too bad we went back to our first quarter ways in OT. I'm still puzzled why Phil put Smush back in for Sasha when he was playing so well and under control.

Perhaps he was tired? That surprised me as typically Phil goes with the guys that were playing in the 4th quarter. Possibly thought he had used up all his luck getting to OT and couldn't possibly have the same luck having Sasha remain under control.

Frustrating game, but I'll take battling back and coming up short than getting down by 30. We are after all very short handed.
cthroatgtr

Postby GuyverX on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:14 am

Lamar's jumper is average at best. The days he goes for 20+ points is when he gets one or two 3 pointers and makes a lot of those layups off the dribble. His midrange game isn't all that great and he likes to shoot 3's a few steps back from the arc. He really hasn't improved his shooting all that much over the years.
GuyverX

Postby lakaboy42 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:23 am

we need to trade him to a team like portland or atlanta where he could be the #1 option and could play well, how about odom for al harrington?
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby scheven on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:27 am

lakaboy42 wrote:we need to trade him to a team like portland or atlanta where he could be the #1 option and could play well, how about odom for al harrington?

or pierce :man12:
scheven

Postby Crono0801 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:33 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
GameCockMD wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:Lamar Odom blew a lot of this game for us.

Hands down.

1/11.

And this guy's supposed to be our #2 option.

Great job LO, we couldn't depend on you once tonight.

Kobe, Cook and Luke get the nod tonight. Everyone else SUCKED.

He doesn't play to his strengths...he's not a spot-up shooter...

Luke is doing what LO is SUPPOSED to be doing...if Luke can get/stay healthy, look for LO to be moved shortly...
I agree completely.

Lamar just isn't fitting in. It's obviously not Kobe at this point.

By the way, anyone noticing the improvement in Sasha? He played great D on Kidd tonight and made some great decisions down the stretch. I was pissed when Phil put Smush back in-- Kidd torched Smush all night. :man5:

The bright spot in this game was the Lakers' poise. A young team like us would have usually given up and started trying to force the offense when we went down by 18. Instead, we slowed it up and Luke/Kobe/Sasha (yes, Sasha) ran the offense and started getting stops.

Too bad we went back to our first quarter ways in OT. I'm still puzzled why Phil put Smush back in for Sasha when he was playing so well and under control.

I agree 100% Sasha was doing a good job on D. He was doing so much better than Smush. I was like WTF why is smush back out there in ot too. Sasha has been getting better and better.
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Apexed on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:34 am

i don't wanna blame lamar for this loss....but if could've contribued more on offense...we would've nabbed the win........and no please do not trade lamar, at least for this season. We'd make the team we trading to much better and our team much worse.....(look at the Wizards right now)
Apexed

kg

Postby Showtime is Magic on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:42 am

KG TO LA :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Re: kg

Postby GuyverX on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:48 am

Showtime is Magic wrote:KG TO LA :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Only if Kobe is involved.
GuyverX

Re: kg

Postby Showtime is Magic on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:50 am

GuyverX wrote:
Showtime is Magic wrote:KG TO LA :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Only if Kobe is involved.

:man3: :man3: :man3: :man3: :man3: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: WOW Clipper fans are so @#%$%#$@
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:52 am

I didn´t see the game but a couple of things I w3as reading
1.Lamar played bad BUT Richard Jefferson is one of the mots underrated defenders. If anyone thinks you can score on him you are sadly mistaken. He can lock you up.

2.We shot 33% as ateam so we obviously sucked as ateam (Kobe inclusive). NOBODY and I mean NOBODY can hit a shot to save his life.

3.KObe must have locked Carter down badly.

4.Smush was creamed by Kidd and I´m disappointed to see how much he has allowed Kidd to do. Chucky like defense I guess. Dude gambles too much and loses focus too quick.

5.Mihm was also disappointing at the offensive end

6.Once again you see only the triangle guys (Cook, Kobe, Walton) looked good offensively. The rest has no idea, nada

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:52 am

edit-take care of your language
kb8@cl
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby eNlight on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:56 am

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: its back!
eNlight

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:58 am

kobe42pointsathalf
YOu´ll probably be outta this club really soon. Bypassing the cursting filter is a reason for banishment.
Last edited by KB24 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Showtime is Magic on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:00 am

eNlight wrote::man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: its back!

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:01 am

how are you guys not furious , i was boiling till a few minutes ago... and was ever more mad that guys are easy on lamar, hes just a tall person, hes not a basktball player.

he makes an idiot of himself doing 10 threw the legs dribbles then driving baseline slowly , without getting around his man then shouting and throwing up a layup off of 1 leg and usually missing it ,the guys a loser. garbage

dont u guys get it!? before if kobe scored 40 it was cool , now every game matters! this is kobe bryants career were talking about, he only has 5 good years left on him and becuase of mitch and lamar , were wasting it. it so sad.
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby shoe on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:15 am

i missed the only good part of the game

i turned off the game with a minute left in regualtion cuzi was soo pisssed off

then icome back and overtime is about to start adn i watch the whole overtime and we suck it up :bang:
shoe

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:20 am

I'd say 3/4 of the people started leaving with 1:00 to go in the 4th - morons.

Man that was hard though... HEART BREAKING
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Real Deal on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:24 am

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:how are you guys not furious , i was boiling till a few minutes ago... and was ever more mad that guys are easy on lamar, hes just a tall person, hes not a basktball player.

he makes an idiot of himself doing 10 threw the legs dribbles then driving baseline slowly , without getting around his man then shouting and throwing up a layup off of 1 leg and usually missing it ,the guys a loser. garbage

dont u guys get it!? before if kobe scored 40 it was cool , now every game matters! this is kobe bryants career were talking about, he only has 5 good years left on him and becuase of mitch and lamar , were wasting it. it so sad.

Doesn't matter how mad you are, you can't bypass the word censor and/or say some of the things you are saying. No exceptions. If it's too hard to understand, act like you're talking to a 12 year old in front of his parents.
Real Deal

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:32 am

just got back to the game wow my first laker game was a doussy lakers coudln score a damm thing in the 1st qtr n most of the 1st half yet we stayed around till the 3rd let em get a lead we came back but then gave it up early in ot- well off topic i met lamond murray i was tellin em how come they dont play u n he sayd thas how it is and thas how it goes he was talkin garbage about jacque vaughn sayin he cant hit a thing yet he gets more playin time- i waited by the gate were the players and coaches leave i saw von wafer leave in his escalade n come back i guess he had forgotten his girl(maybe a groupie she looked good) i seen dr buss limo-kobes silver benz-odoms black mercedes truck-stu lantz bronco :jam2: -mihms girl is hottt!!!- my cuzzin was tellin von at the light to make a left he was all like just make sure to beat san antonios a55 n then he gave him a thumbs up-i came out on scsr around 10:58 :mhihi: met some cheerleaders
PurpleNGold1

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:38 am

Real Deal wrote:
KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:how are you guys not furious , i was boiling till a few minutes ago... and was ever more mad that guys are easy on lamar, hes just a tall person, hes not a basktball player.

Doesn't matter how mad you are, you can't bypass the word censor and/or say some of the things you are saying. No exceptions. If it's too hard to understand, act like you're talking to a 12 year old in front of his parents.

Yes, make sure to tone it down.

Read this: http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43223
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday