Sun. 11/27 vs. Nets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby nameant on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:56 am

unpossibl1 wrote:
nameant wrote:<================ says it all.

man this team is too damn frusturating to watch...

Love that av....gonna borrow it, if you don't mind.

:man3: :man3: :man3: :man3:
nameant

Postby DMK on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:55 am

I hate Lamar Odom.

It's Official. He is overrated, hes talented sure... but he is horribly overrated. Oh wow! a 6'10 guy who can dribble! but can he finish a layup consistantly??? hahaha thats laughable.

I cant stand the guy... i will never root for him again, noone can sell me on it so dont even try. IM FED UP WITH ODOM!

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:27 am

I'm scraed before this game... All players except Kobe is struggling to play consistently. One game Mihm has 20 points and 10 rebs, next game 4 points and 4 rebounds... We must get KG, untouchable are only one person - Kobe Bean Bryant.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Ring It Up on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:10 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:By the way, anyone noticing the improvement in Sasha? He played great D on Kidd tonight and made some great decisions down the stretch. I was pissed when Phil put Smush back in-- Kidd torched Smush all night. :man5:

Did he play better D in this game? Yes. Was it great? Hell no. I watched him let Jason get three layups and one them was an and-1 in the 4th and OT. He did play better D but it sure wasnt great.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Cody on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:28 am

DMK wrote:I hate Lamar Odom.

It's Official. He is overrated, hes talented sure... but he is horribly overrated. Oh wow! a 6'10 guy who can dribble! but can he finish a layup consistantly??? hahaha thats laughable.

I cant stand the guy... i will never root for him again, noone can sell me on it so dont even try. IM FED UP WITH ODOM!

I've been this way for a looong time now.
Cody

Re: kg

Postby Mcgrady on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:39 am

Showtime is Magic wrote:KG TO LA :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

KG TO LA :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

hm????
Mcgrady

Postby trodgers on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:39 pm

Yikes. Tough loss. I stayed away purposely last night. How did Walton's D look? He filled up the stat sheet nicely.

Kobe? What can I say. No one could score. I don't know if it was cold shooting or good D (I couldn't watch it so I followed online). Someone had to shoot...and it was Bryant who single-handedly brought LA back (okay, Cook with the bucket at the end of regulation).

Jason Kidd? Smush, welcome to the NBA. You got PWN3D.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakaboy42 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:36 pm

this game really showed who the real fans are, who stayed watching it the whole time? I know i did, and my dad left, i stayed, hoping against hope for a miracle, like i do ever game, ya kno what, it is not very fun being a lakers fan :man1: :man1: but i can't pull myself away, i've tried, but i just love the lakers too much, i hate it
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:53 pm

i thought we would win this one cuz 3 of their starters fouled out.. but the chicken i had was real good tho..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby KB24 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:51 am

k0pr0phage wrote:Yikes. Tough loss. I stayed away purposely last night. How did Walton's D look? He filled up the stat sheet nicely.

Walton´s D looked solid but unfortunetly all our SFs do well is filling the stat sheet. Nobody can hit a shot to save his life (walton had 1-2 nice shots but he missed double as much as he made) and nobody can really play very good D.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby trodgers on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:51 am

Thanks, KB8, for the info. Personally, I'm glad to see Walton back. What about trying a lineup of Parker, Bryant, Odom, Walton, and Mihm? Walton played a lot of time at PF last year. If we're not playing one of the dominant PFs in the game, Walton should be able to do a decent job defensively and his passing is as crisp as anyone's on the court and his rebounding seems to be at least as good as the others at PF this season.

I honestly believe that this team is a consistent PG defender away from being a strong playoff team. Parker is better than Atkins, but he's not a good defender. I was pretty sure Kidd would light him up (but not as badly as he did).
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KB24 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:03 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Thanks, KB8, for the info. Personally, I'm glad to see Walton back. What about trying a lineup of Parker, Bryant, Odom, Walton, and Mihm? Walton played a lot of time at PF last year. If we're not playing one of the dominant PFs in the game, Walton should be able to do a decent job defensively and his passing is as crisp as anyone's on the court and his rebounding seems to be at least as good as the others at PF this season.

I honestly believe that this team is a consistent PG defender away from being a strong playoff team. Parker is better than Atkins, but he's not a good defender. I was pretty sure Kidd would light him up (but not as badly as he did).

Ya the more Parker plays, the more holes you see in his defense. Too much gambling, too often outta position and he loses his man to often. But he is not the most hurting part of this team IMO. Mihm doesn´t look good defensively either. The only players that play good D are K+K in the starting lineup. Gump tries but still get burned to often off the dribble and Walton is trying hard. I like Walton this year. He looks good. We need a PG and a C.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby *wishlist* on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:14 pm

did anyone hear the radio broadcast. i just got into the car and was able to listen to that last play of the 4th quarter and when cook made the shot, spiro says that cook won the game. i was so happy until mychal said, "NO, it's going OT!" booo spiro!!
What's it going to take to have the Lakers to have a team song/chant like euroleague.. teams have... I can only wish.
*wishlist*

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:44 pm

*wishlist* wrote:did anyone hear the radio broadcast. i just got into the car and was able to listen to that last play of the 4th quarter and when cook made the shot, spiro says that cook won the game. i was so happy until mychal said, "NO, it's going OT!" booo spiro!!
Another reason that Spero Dedes is a horrible announcer.

He apparently can't even keep track of the score. That must have been frustrating for you listening on the radio. :man5:

Fire Robo-Dedes!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:46 pm

Something funny about the Vince/Kobe confrontation:

November 27, 2005

Vince vs. Kobe

Vince Carter and Kobe Bryant were given double technicals 2:24 into the second half Sunday night, and Bryant said after the game that Carter mouthed off after Bryant went over to ask if Carter was OK after Bryant's hard foul.

"He had some choice words that I really didn't appreciate," Bryant said.

Carter didn't have much of a game (10 points) -- largely as a result of Bryant's frenetic defense. Bryant said: "I think he was just a little frustrated."

Carter actually had approached Bryant at the start of the second half for an extra handshake, something players don't usually do except before the start of the first half.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday