Sunday, Feb. 29
3:00 pm
TV: KCAL, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos | Highlights

Lakers - 100
Nets - 83

Lakers Rout Nets in Jersey
The Lakers opened an early lead and never loosened their grip as they defeated the Nets 100-83 in New Jersey on Sunday. Gary Payton scored 10 of his 16 points in a pivotal first quarter when Los Angeles took a nine-point lead. Shaquille O'Neal added 19 points and 14 rebounds.

Post your comments here...

Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

GO LAKERS!

Postby kobebryant on Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:22 pm

Lets go for 2 in a row!
kobebryant

Postby BDG on Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:30 pm

We should start another streak. Win.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SMUnderground on Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:32 pm

hmm..i think it'll be really tough game...the nets just beat the kings..and we 'almost' beat the kings..hmm..
SMUnderground

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:37 pm

This will be game to make a statement to the East once and for all - YOU CAN'T HANG WITH US. They lost to the Wolves badly the other night, and defeated the Heat, which isn't a challenge to anybody, earlier today.

Both teams will be coming in to a back-2-back night, but I really feel that the Lakers will utilize their system to the fullest, and pound the ball into Shaquille - the true success behind this team.

So can anybody answer me this question.... Who Jersey?
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:37 pm

If lakers don't win we going in lose playoffs.
I eat :spam:

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:38 pm

If lakers don't win we going in lose playoffs.

This game will tell us absolutly nothing about the playoffs, nor will they foreshadow any outcomes. :disagree:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:40 pm

if we don't get momentum now its going to be tough. We look like last year. The only difference is me. :man7:

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:41 pm

Amen, this WILL be a statement game by the LakeShow...lets see what they can do and see whether they can implement Payton's offensive and defensive versatility into their system...we need ALL of our guys to play consistent to win this game, that means Slava, Kareem, Derek and Devean primarily--and we need to stop the fastbreaks and get into a rhythm of our own. We need to generate our offense, get guys like Jason Collins and Kenyon Martin into foul trouble, and never let them establish any sort of rhythm. The Nets will be feasting and looking forward to this game to win, and especially since we're in a back-to-back, they'll be looking for the kill. We have got to be ready and even though we didn't really blowout those wretched Wizards (which we should have) I look for our team to bounce back and give it to the Nets. We have to defend those transition threes and dunks, that will be a hard task especially since Lawrence Frank has an insane record with the team but we'll stop that. I'm sure our team will get motivated because they lost to a good team like Sacramento.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:44 pm

if they play crappy defense like to day that fruit Frank :sing: will get another win

Postby noxcel on Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:47 pm

win :jam2:
noxcel

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:12 pm

we need ALL of our guys to play consistent to win this game...

Yes. This has been the story about the Lakers' play this year. They've been streaky at times, but since the All-Star break, we've played consistently good. Even with the game at Sac-to we played good, not great, but good.

But the Lakers will take this game seriously, and I think Shaq is going to be the story of this game. And of course Kobe as well. Kobe is playing superior than any opposition right now, the guy's unbelievable.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakerzrule on Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:19 pm

The Lakers had better win. The Nets may be an Eastern team, but they're still pretty damn good. I hope Shaq is more dominant and gets more rebounds than he did against the Wizards. Kobe will have another great game, no doubt, but I want to see the other guys like GP, Luke, Slava, and Rush do well also. Let's blow this team out and show Kidd and Martin who's boss.
lakerzrule

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:52 pm

Yes, let's see what their "new coach" will do with Shaq. Remember, at least Scott had some knowledge of big men and how to attempt to stop them. I doubt this guy will have any answers for him, like anyone does anyways...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:07 pm

I've never thought anything of the Net's 14 game winning streak...they were all against mediocre teams and when they finally faced a worthy opponent, the T'Wolves, they lost. I have a lot of confidence that the Lakers are capable of destroying this team. I'll make a prediction and say Gary has a big night against Kidd. It'll be like their playground days back in Oakland.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:20 pm

SMUnderground wrote:hmm..i think it'll be really tough game...the nets just beat the kings..and we 'almost' beat the kings..hmm..

hmmm when did they beat those suckermento queenz? i dont remember that ever happening. but newaiz, i hope they get the W!!! Letz go LAKESHO :jam2:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby SMUnderground on Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:28 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:hmmm when did they beat those suckermento queenz? i dont remember that ever happening. but newaiz, i hope they get the W!!! Letz go LAKESHO :jam2:

the day after the kings beat us.
SMUnderground

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:28 pm

i hope the lakers will win cuz this is going to be a tough one, a very tough one.
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:32 pm

SMUnderground wrote:
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:hmmm when did they beat those suckermento queenz? i dont remember that ever happening. but newaiz, i hope they get the W!!! Letz go LAKESHO :jam2:

the day after the kings beat us.

lol...no they didn't. the day after those queenz beat us, they lost to the Jazz.

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:19 pm

I'm not very confident in a win, we'll see. I can not wait for the game, back-2-backs are awesome. I love watchin the games.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Kb8theGreat on Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:24 pm

I think we will get this 1 the nets cant guard shaq.
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:30 pm

Kb8theGreat wrote:I think we will get this 1 the nets cant guard shaq.

lol, can anybody on any other team guard shaq? I mean seriously, the only thing that can stop Shaq is if he has an off night or is just lazy. :man10:
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Kb8theGreat on Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:33 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Kb8theGreat wrote:I think we will get this 1 the nets cant guard shaq.

lol, can anybody on any other team guard shaq? I mean seriously, the only thing that can stop Shaq is if he has an off night or is just lazy. :man10:
Lol true but they really cant guard him....... :man10:
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby wonderfulkat on Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:22 pm

If they play like they did today against the Wizards and the Kings. They'll give Jason Kidd and The Nets a good game. The NETS have never scared US!

I still think Byron Scott was the Best Coach they ever had until some other coach leds the Nets to The NBA Finals x2!!
wonderfulkat

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:45 am

Payton is gonna get destroyed...Kidd gets a triple double in a Lakers win.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday