Sun. 11/06 vs. Nuggets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby KB8 IS THE ONE on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:58 pm

Maaaaan this tastes good!!!

Enjoy this guys! We deserve it!!!

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2:
"He's human. He's 26 years old, and he's so good '...'. He's a good dude, IMO. And he's definitely one of the strongest people mentally that I've ever been around. I think everybody here kind of looks up to him for that. He's the man.", Odom
KB8 IS THE ONE

Postby nameant on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:58 pm

great win. hopefully they can carry the momentum on the road. i know we are better than all 3 teams we are facing..but you still gotta play the games. anything can happen. hopefully we come out 3-0...2-1 at worst.
nameant

Postby Aonex on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:58 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:LMAO at the two dudes with the Lakers afros jumping up and down behind the SCSR box :man10:

Who hosts the SCSR now? Carolyn Hughes is gone, right?
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Altitude on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:59 pm

I cant wait till Lakers and Sixers... I hope Kobe kills Iverson in that game.... I also he hope he gets a sick play and packs Iverson's crap
Altitude

Postby LakeShow06 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:59 pm

D Nice wrote:I was really happy with our performance tonight.

3 sore spots though

3 Point Shooting from Odom and Smush - Needs to improve. They had several open looks which they didn't convert

Turnovers - This needs to change. Period

Kwame Brown - Get this man the freaking ball on the block. Period. He didn't miss a single shot tonight, get him the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kobe overshot tonight, but whatever, he did shoot 16-31

c'mon man take a pill or something

we won by 20, we are 2-1, Kobe averaging 36ppg Mihm stepped up, Smush flat out impresses me - stop with the negativity, i know you being constructive at least, but just have a coke and a smile
"From Magic to Kobe - I'll always be a Lakers man"
LakeShow06

Postby SOAD on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:59 pm

S. Medvedenko DNP - Coach's Decision

Who says Phil has a bad rotation? :man10:
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby DMK on Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:59 pm

lakers win,...

I said by 6...it was by 20!!!!

Lakers win by 20 pts!

We win the season series vs Denver!!!

GEAH!!@!!

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby nameant on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:00 pm

lakerzg8 wrote:I also he hope he gets a sick play and packs Iverson's crap

i dont wanna see that...that's for sure...
nameant

Postby kwamejoke on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:00 pm

mihm - player of the game. :bow:
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby noname on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:00 pm

SOAD wrote:S. Medvedenko DNP - Coach's Decision

Who says Phil has a bad rotation? :man10:

sasha still played
noname
Good Call Stats Team

Postby lakaboy42 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:01 pm

i'm not kidding, that was the best game i've seen the lakers play since game 6 of the WCF in 2004 against Minny, Smush is a stud, i love this guy, Lamar played awesome on his birthday, Deavon is doing what he needs to be doing, Mihm played awesome tonight, Kwame's not up to par but is getting there, and kobe is playing his best ball since 2003 imo
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby kwamejoke on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:02 pm

kwame just took 3 shots !!?? :freak2:
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby LakeShow06 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:03 pm

damn but that Smush Parker is impressive......

i know it's early but i'm so glad especially when ESPN and all the analysts wouldn't even include Smush in our roster in previews, let alone in the team and starting

seriously - we owned the Nuggets tonight in every single category basically except assist, which was pretty close anyway

that's the way i like it - a-huh a-huh!!!!!!
"From Magic to Kobe - I'll always be a Lakers man"
LakeShow06

Postby okay on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:03 pm

lakaboy42 wrote:i'm not kidding, that was the best game i've seen the lakers play since game 6 of the WCF in 2004 against Minny, Smush is a stud, i love this guy, Lamar played awesome on his birthday, Deavon is doing what he needs to be doing, Mihm played awesome tonight, Kwame's not up to par but is getting there, and kobe is playing his best ball since 2003 imo

:man3: That game was terrible. We only pulled away at the end because of Kareem.

Our game @ Sac-town last year was by far our best. IMO anyway.
okay

Postby trodgers on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:05 pm

Couldn't see the game. How did the D look tonight?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby scheven on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:05 pm

now all we need is consistency and we'll be getting that pacific division title
scheven

Postby DMK on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:05 pm

Kobe is the NBA Leading Scorer

Los Angeles Lakers ar 2-1

And LA have won the Series against the Nuggets 2-0 with 1 game left :jam2:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby D Nice on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:06 pm

LakeShow06 wrote:
D Nice wrote:I was really happy with our performance tonight.

3 sore spots though

3 Point Shooting from Odom and Smush - Needs to improve. They had several open looks which they didn't convert

Turnovers - This needs to change. Period

Kwame Brown - Get this man the freaking ball on the block. Period. He didn't miss a single shot tonight, get him the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kobe overshot tonight, but whatever, he did shoot 16-31

c'mon man take a pill or something

we won by 20, we are 2-1, Kobe averaging 36ppg Mihm stepped up, Smush flat out impresses me - stop with the negativity, i know you being constructive at least, but just have a coke and a smile
You know...in case you missed it.

Funny though, because as i was reading this post i was drinking a can of coke. Weird huh :mhihi:

But I'm not one to settle, no matter what happens. I'm super competitive, a lot like Kobe (coincidentally, that he why he and KG are my favorite players), but with this road trip coming up we need to be as solid as possible. Mihm won't do this every night and if we're going to win enough games before entering the "buzzsaw stretch" of the season (Sky's terminoligy), then we need to make adjustments. I'm sure Smush's 3's will start falling again, but Odom needs to either stop taking so many 3's or hit them at a higher %. He's averaging like 4 3 point attempts a night.

What worries me the most is we aren't getting the ball to Kwame enough, which makes me wonder if he is in Phil's or Kobe's doghouse or something.

He's been shooting a very good FG% from the floor when he gets touches, tore it up in preseason, and supposedly beasts Mihm in practice. Why is it that Mihm gets more touches during the game. Not to take anything away from Mihm, he was great tonight, but Phil isn't playing Kwame much and when he's in the game he doesn't really get the ball despite getting good position almost every time down the floor. What is up?
D Nice

Postby Altitude on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:07 pm

Kobe is averaging 36.3 PPG 6.7 RPG 5.0 APG

FORGET THEM IF HE DONT GET MVP!
Altitude

Postby D Nice on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:08 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Couldn't see the game. How did the D look tonight?
You wouldn't believe this was the same team that played those 1st two games.

It was that good, only 1 of those lobs tonight.

Kwame was reacting like he was alive, and Mihm was a force.

Very good night to be a laker fan.

TO's, Odom's shooting, and Kwame's touches were still problems but hey, we won by 20 :jam2:
D Nice

Postby Gramps on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:09 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Couldn't see the game. How did the D look tonight?

D looked good. Much better than last time. Only one lob. Good rotation. Would have even been better had not a few sad fouls been called against Kwame and Mihm.
"Though my eyes could see, I still was was a blind man. Though my mind could think, I still was a mad man." -Kansas
Gramps
Laker Fan Since 1970

Postby SOAD on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:09 pm

DMK wrote:lakers win,...

I said by 6...it was by 20!!!!

Same. :jam2:
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Apexed on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:13 pm

2-1....a good cushion for the lakers to start off with heading into the rest of the season....and George so far so good off the bench. If the lakers play like this every game with less turnoevers, Lakers should be well amongst the top 8 in the west....but at the same time us laker fans should never over hype a win.
Apexed

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:17 pm

Hey Guys, just wanted to give my take on the game. Didn't post during the game b/c I wasn't sure of the server switchover thingy...

Lakers were in control and played well throughout the game. To do that on the road and at home vs. Denver is VERY IMPRESSIVE. They've won the season series and that might come to play later in the year. If any team has the excuse to be out of sync early its the Lakers, so I don't want to hear about how Denver is "off".

Let's go by players

Mihm - Well, there's that flash of brilliance from Chris Mihm that we get from time to time especially at home. I don't consider it a new trend, we'll see a few more of these games, and a few more of those "dud" games. A young inconsistent player, that has some very good games.

Kwame - We're definitely not getting him the ball enough, but he too is being a little unselfish. I think there were a few times where he really wanted the ball and the Lakers didn't get it to him. I think Kobe & Lamar HAVE to do a better job involving him in a two man game, he's too dominant inside to not be effective. He had some good block shots, but is far too weak on the glass.

Odom - Great game, happy birthday.

Kobe - started forcing a few too many shots late, and didn't play within the offense at that time, but he played within himself for the most part. Was chasing around a lot on defense, but didn't cost him all that much.

Profit - If only his defense was slightly better, I can see why he was in there late, he's a good pickup.

Smush - Definitely the fan favorite, and while he had some great plays, he also had some very bad defensive breakdowns (Andre Miller was scoring in this game), and his FG% wasn't as great as in previous games, but I think he had enough positives to help the Lakers tonight.

DG - We all know what to expect from him.

McKie - For an experienced NBA vet, he sure doesn't play like it. More like Mitch Richmond as a Laker.

Sasha - Nice steal, nice assist to Lamar, nice three... But if anyone thinks Sasha is a PG, just watch that series where he almost loses the ball four different times coming down the court, and finally the ball lands in Brian Cook's hands.

Overall, the Lakers played better defensively, but they are still a ways away. They did a lot of "thinking" and their triangle offense struggled a lot at many times throughout the game. But their defensive tenacity and forcing turnovers led to easy baskets, and the "system" didn't really matter.

Good job. Gotta win the games at home first and foremost.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:18 pm

sorry dbl post.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday