Sun. 11/06 vs. Nuggets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby KB8 IS THE ONE on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:19 pm

lakerzg8 wrote:Kobe is averaging 36.3 PPG 6.7 RPG 5.0 APG

FORGET THEM IF HE DONT GET MVP!

Is that a sensored version of FCUK?

:man10: :man10:
"He's human. He's 26 years old, and he's so good '...'. He's a good dude, IMO. And he's definitely one of the strongest people mentally that I've ever been around. I think everybody here kind of looks up to him for that. He's the man.", Odom
KB8 IS THE ONE

Postby Kobelike23 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:21 pm

Lakers just dominating the game .Lakers rulez Denver.
Kobelike23

Postby LakeShow06 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:26 pm

D Nice wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
D Nice wrote:I was really happy with our performance tonight.

3 sore spots though

3 Point Shooting from Odom and Smush - Needs to improve. They had several open looks which they didn't convert

Turnovers - This needs to change. Period

Kwame Brown - Get this man the freaking ball on the block. Period. He didn't miss a single shot tonight, get him the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kobe overshot tonight, but whatever, he did shoot 16-31

c'mon man take a pill or something

we won by 20, we are 2-1, Kobe averaging 36ppg Mihm stepped up, Smush flat out impresses me - stop with the negativity, i know you being constructive at least, but just have a coke and a smile
You know...in case you missed it.

Funny though, because as i was reading this post i was drinking a can of coke. Weird huh :mhihi:

But I'm not one to settle, no matter what happens. I'm super competitive, a lot like Kobe (coincidentally, that he why he and KG are my favorite players), but with this road trip coming up we need to be as solid as possible. Mihm won't do this every night and if we're going to win enough games before entering the "buzzsaw stretch" of the season (Sky's terminoligy), then we need to make adjustments. I'm sure Smush's 3's will start falling again, but Odom needs to either stop taking so many 3's or hit them at a higher %. He's averaging like 4 3 point attempts a night.

What worries me the most is we aren't getting the ball to Kwame enough, which makes me wonder if he is in Phil's or Kobe's doghouse or something.

He's been shooting a very good FG% from the floor when he gets touches, tore it up in preseason, and supposedly beasts Mihm in practice. Why is it that Mihm gets more touches during the game. Not to take anything away from Mihm, he was great tonight, but Phil isn't playing Kwame much and when he's in the game he doesn't really get the ball despite getting good position almost every time down the floor. What is up?

D Nice

i know where your coming from and what you mean man....it's cool and i'm the same - super competitive and i always look for other things that could have been done better too - like i'm sure Phil is doing right now

it's just that all i was saying is that we won't play like that every night, so let's just enjoy one of the genuinely good wins - thats all

and yeah the coke thing was weird.....lol
"From Magic to Kobe - I'll always be a Lakers man"
LakeShow06

Postby Altitude on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:29 pm

KB8 IS THE ONE wrote:
lakerzg8 wrote:Kobe is averaging 36.3 PPG 6.7 RPG 5.0 APG

FORGET THEM IF HE DONT GET MVP!

Is that a sensored version of FCUK?

:man10: :man10:

LMAO yeah man... I dont wanna curse cuz of the new rules

and when is say crap, im really saying sh.it
Altitude

Postby KB24 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:31 pm

Ring It Up wrote:Ok, who are you and what have you done with Chris Mihm?
:man10: Chris Mihm is always good at home.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby okay on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:36 pm

God damn I hate ESPN. They show Laker highlights for like 20 seconds and then show football for like 20 minutes :mad1:
okay

Postby KB24 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:49 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Someone needs to remind Devean that he doesn't ahve to take every outside shot. He's playing well, but he can work it inside sometimes.

George doesn´t have the game IQ. Look how people praised him and his offense instantly went off. He is a hustler and he can play great at times but he is just inconsistent.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:53 pm

Excellent game.
I needed some sleep so I missed the first 44 minutes :mhihi: but the result was very enjoyable. We crushed a strong team and we have to enjoy that. I´m pleased specially with the execution on offense. Lamar had another decent game and Mihm has finally a good game to give me a break. Kwame still has foul trouble. :boxing1:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:55 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:Someone needs to remind Devean that he doesn't ahve to take every outside shot. He's playing well, but he can work it inside sometimes.

George doesn´t have the game IQ. Look how people praised him and his offense instantly went off. He is a hustler and he can play great at times but he is just inconsistent.
As long as he gives us solid defense (which he has done) and makes his open looks, I can't ask for more from him. :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby c.Lin on Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:59 pm

Just got back from the game. I have to say... Smush Parker is really winning everyone's hearts. He's been playing extremely solid and providing all the little things and giving sparks to both the offense and the defense. Mihm finally had a good game. He was dominating Camby... grabbing boards, taking it strong to the rim. Everyone basically did their part tonight and it was good to see a great all-around team game from the guys. This was my 3rd game at Staples and we finally won one! :man11:
c.Lin

Postby Ryder Havasu on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:04 am

KB8@CL wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:Ok, who are you and what have you done with Chris Mihm?
:man10: Chris Mihm is always good at home.

FANTASTIC game by Mihm! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: I hope this is his springboard for the rest of the season and career. I'm not expecting these types of numbers every game that wouldn't be realistic but, something similar would be nice! What can we say about Kobe Friggen Bryant! 37pts and more importantly a W!
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
Ryder Havasu

Postby kwamejoke on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:18 am

Good game. :bow:
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby EQualizer on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:21 am

there's just something about mihm and home games against denver i guess...

hopefully he builds off of this, and makes his way back towards avg. around 10-12 pts a game and like 8-9 boards, that'd be goooD, while keeping the fouls down

that'd be gooD!!
EQualizer

Postby shoe on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:25 am

great game for mihm

just wish that kwame would stay out of foul trouble and get around 10 shots in a game to see what he can to

kobe was kobe and odom was odom....great win
shoe

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:50 am

just got back from the game...and WOW...i was impressed!!!

Now i was only 2 rows behind courtside...so i could pretty much hear EVERYTHING...including phil...so heres some interesting and funnyt hings i heard..

if u guys remember when mihm took a hard fall under the basket...kobe came over and helped mihm up, while sayin "i got you dawg, i got you..." and then mihm asks kobe "is it our ball?" and kobe goes "naw man"...and he slaps chris over the head....

when kwame picked up his 5th foul off an andre miller layup, as he was walkin tot he bench, phil was lookin at him, and kwame looked like a kid who jus stuck his hand in the cookie jar, sayin to phil "I jus put my hands straight up!" and phil says back to him "block it next time"...and kwame jus shakes his head and goes to the bench

And definitely my highlight....smush tried to save the ball...and he couldnt...and i jumped up and yellled SMUUUUUSH! and he looked straight at me and kinda nodded his head like "wassup"...and i was like ecstatic....and the crowd LOVES smush parker...very funny wsa all the rich business tycoons that sit in my section were all wondering "who is this guy? i kinda like him!"...by the end of the game everyone knew who smush parker was....

Overall...GREAT game played by the lakers, from start to finish...they jus sustained their lead THROUGH out the game...never let them come within 5 pts after the 1st quarter....Kobe played OUT OF HIS MIND tonight....jus proving once again why hes the best player in this league...Smush Parker once again dazzled us with a sweet 9-6-5-4 performance...i mean if hes not puttin up 20 pts, hes gettin rebounds, throwin lobs to kobe and playin great D on boykins and miller and stealin the ball...i love this guy...he jus does it all! Mihm FINALLy showed up, 20 and 13? I'm likin that...and everyone was harpin on him....and i was too...at the beg of the game, i was harpin on how mihm will have one good game and then disappear for 5 games...and a couple of the guys around me agreeeed...but then it was like mihm heard me and he jus started dominating! i think he had like 12 pts in the first quarter....he looked comfortable and he was callin for the ball....another thing i liked was the lakers only allowed ONE lob pass the whole night....great adjustment...it jus seeemed like every time denver tried to make a run...we would answer back...and thats somethin we never did last year whhen teams made runs against us when we had the lead...the only disappointment tonight was kwame...i was really lookin forward to seein him play...but he jus kept pickin up stupid fouls...and his body language wasnt great...hopefully he can have his break out game on this upcoming road trip....Lamar Odom is gettin comfortable in that initiator role....a lil qujicker than i thot...20-8-4 stat line...i was lovin lamar's aggressiveness tongiht...committed some silly TOs...but other than that...played a great game...and somewhat "contained" melo....

oh and sasha vujacic seems like hes gettin better each game...i really liked how he was playin D on boykins and miller...he looks like he was REALLY trying out there! he made some nice passes and he penetrated a couple of times...sasha is finally lookin like he belongs...hes gonna commit silly TO's...but how is this guy gonna develop if we dont play him? Phil, i swear, i cant say it enuff...this guy is jus a basketball guru...he jus KNOWS how to get the best outta his players! If he can get Vujacic to concentrate on D, and not worry bout O, sasha will thrive....yes it'll take some time but be patient my fellow laker fans! This team is gonna take its time but they have already beaten denver TWICE, a top 4 western conference team i might add, and they almost beat phoenix if it hadnt been for the back to back (i hate makin excuses but even the best teams lose on the 2nd game of a back to back)....

Man what a great game to be at...i mean i thought the lakers would win...but not by 20...denver pretty much gave up with 3 minutes left in the game....i mean they probably could have tried to make a run...but i guess they jus wanted to get the hell out!

Hope you guys enjoy this report...oh and they didnt let me bring my digital camera in for some odd reason...i guess they only allow disposables?
FabFourLakers

Postby TheoB on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:30 am

nice report FabFour! thanks for all the info. great game...look forward to seeing them build on it on the road
TheoB

Postby Ryder Havasu on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:33 am

Sweet report FabFourLakers! Can you harp Mihm on road games also :man1: That was a great game by Chris. I hope he keeps it up.
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
Ryder Havasu

Postby Justin Bailey on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:40 am

kwamejoke wrote:Good game. :bow:

Very Impressive performance by Mihm, I am going to have to take back some of the things I said about him
Justin Bailey

Postby halekulani on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:45 am

damn mihm

why can't he show up like this for every game?

i didn't watch the game, but i think the numbers speak enough. 20 and 13? jesus.
halekulani

Postby c.Lin on Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:21 am

FabFourLakers wrote:just got back from the game...and WOW...i was impressed!!!

Now i was only 2 rows behind courtside...so i could pretty much hear EVERYTHING...including phil...so heres some interesting and funnyt hings i heard..

if u guys remember when mihm took a hard fall under the basket...kobe came over and helped mihm up, while sayin "i got you dawg, i got you..." and then mihm asks kobe "is it our ball?" and kobe goes "naw man"...and he slaps chris over the head....

when kwame picked up his 5th foul off an andre miller layup, as he was walkin tot he bench, phil was lookin at him, and kwame looked like a kid who jus stuck his hand in the cookie jar, sayin to phil "I jus put my hands straight up!" and phil says back to him "block it next time"...and kwame jus shakes his head and goes to the bench

And definitely my highlight....smush tried to save the ball...and he couldnt...and i jumped up and yellled SMUUUUUSH! and he looked straight at me and kinda nodded his head like "wassup"...and i was like ecstatic....and the crowd LOVES smush parker...very funny wsa all the rich business tycoons that sit in my section were all wondering "who is this guy? i kinda like him!"...by the end of the game everyone knew who smush parker was....

Overall...GREAT game played by the lakers, from start to finish...they jus sustained their lead THROUGH out the game...never let them come within 5 pts after the 1st quarter....Kobe played OUT OF HIS MIND tonight....jus proving once again why hes the best player in this league...Smush Parker once again dazzled us with a sweet 9-6-5-4 performance...i mean if hes not puttin up 20 pts, hes gettin rebounds, throwin lobs to kobe and playin great D on boykins and miller and stealin the ball...i love this guy...he jus does it all! Mihm FINALLy showed up, 20 and 13? I'm likin that...and everyone was harpin on him....and i was too...at the beg of the game, i was harpin on how mihm will have one good game and then disappear for 5 games...and a couple of the guys around me agreeeed...but then it was like mihm heard me and he jus started dominating! i think he had like 12 pts in the first quarter....he looked comfortable and he was callin for the ball....another thing i liked was the lakers only allowed ONE lob pass the whole night....great adjustment...it jus seeemed like every time denver tried to make a run...we would answer back...and thats somethin we never did last year whhen teams made runs against us when we had the lead...the only disappointment tonight was kwame...i was really lookin forward to seein him play...but he jus kept pickin up stupid fouls...and his body language wasnt great...hopefully he can have his break out game on this upcoming road trip....Lamar Odom is gettin comfortable in that initiator role....a lil qujicker than i thot...20-8-4 stat line...i was lovin lamar's aggressiveness tongiht...committed some silly TOs...but other than that...played a great game...and somewhat "contained" melo....

oh and sasha vujacic seems like hes gettin better each game...i really liked how he was playin D on boykins and miller...he looks like he was REALLY trying out there! he made some nice passes and he penetrated a couple of times...sasha is finally lookin like he belongs...hes gonna commit silly TO's...but how is this guy gonna develop if we dont play him? Phil, i swear, i cant say it enuff...this guy is jus a basketball guru...he jus KNOWS how to get the best outta his players! If he can get Vujacic to concentrate on D, and not worry bout O, sasha will thrive....yes it'll take some time but be patient my fellow laker fans! This team is gonna take its time but they have already beaten denver TWICE, a top 4 western conference team i might add, and they almost beat phoenix if it hadnt been for the back to back (i hate makin excuses but even the best teams lose on the 2nd game of a back to back)....

Man what a great game to be at...i mean i thought the lakers would win...but not by 20...denver pretty much gave up with 3 minutes left in the game....i mean they probably could have tried to make a run...but i guess they jus wanted to get the hell out!

Hope you guys enjoy this report...oh and they didnt let me bring my digital camera in for some odd reason...i guess they only allow disposables?

Glad you got to hear some of the banter. I wasn't close enough to hear that kind of stuff, but I heard some grunts every now and then haha. They didn't let you bring your digicam in? Weird... I got mine in...
c.Lin

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:32 am

very nice report Fabfour and I agree. Smush has been great

KB24
Site Admin

Postby kobe4ever on Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:45 am

kobe is doing really good. but my question is how come he doesnt drive in no more? i mean his jumpshots are really good so as long as he makes them i dont care but if he drives in the opponent could pick up a foul and have an easy pts. but i kind of like dat he doesnt drive in because he doesnt get those injury no more :man10: lol. by da way today he only had like 2 layups? and 2 dunks.
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:49 am

kobe4ever wrote:kobe is doing really good. but my question is how come he doesnt drive in no more? i mean his jumpshots are really good so as long as he makes them i dont care but if he drives in the opponent could pick up a foul and have an easy pts. but i kind of like dat he doesnt drive in because he doesnt get those injury no more :man10: lol. by da way today he only had like 2 layups? and 2 dunks.

Kobe is becoming efficient in the triangle. When the time is right for him to drive, he'll drive.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:13 am

KB8@CL wrote:very nice report Fabfour and I agree. Smush has been great

Smush has been fabulous! :man12:
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Sharpshooter on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:32 am

judging from the mix kobe was looking goodZ?
Sharpshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight