Sun. 11/06 vs. Nuggets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Sharpshooter on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:34 am

my take on kobes lack of driving is this, hes getting older, he realizes if he gets injured this team is done for, so hes not playing as hard as he could be. He can still jump with the best of them, but chooses not to so he can conserve some energy for the end of the season, since he knows hes gonna need it. Personally i think hes the best player in the league, no one plays better then him, drives better then him etc. So id love to see him start dunking more, but with that comes more risk.
Sharpshooter

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:12 am

If Kobe doesn't want to drive, he doesn't have to.

He's shooting 50%, dropping 36ppg, is unbelievable from the line...

The energy he saves goes towards defense, and if I remember, he's one of the better defenders in the league.

This is Kobe's year to shine and show the WHOLE LEAGUE he's the best player in the game.

Has anyone really stopped to think, we've beaten Denver TWICE and only lost to Pho by 10?

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:25 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:If Kobe doesn't want to drive, he doesn't have to.

He's shooting 50%, dropping 36ppg, is unbelievable from the line...

The energy he saves goes towards defense, and if I remember, he's one of the better defenders in the league.

This is Kobe's year to shine and show the WHOLE LEAGUE he's the best player in the game.

Has anyone really stopped to think, we've beaten Denver TWICE and only lost to Pho by 10?

In the past, we'd say he was hot... in the present, we call it efficiency.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Questionmark on Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:35 pm

This team is showing good signs so far

Won in a close game away from home

Bounced back from a loss (tho only by 10) and blew out the a team.

Decided not to give up the lead

Let's hope the positives keep on coming
Questionmark

Postby Kobe#2 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:02 pm

Well, I am really impressed with this win. The Lakers played near-perfect basketball. (except turnovers)

Mihm.........excellent game, but don't count on that happening again for at least 10 games.

Kwame, good on D.

George, aggressive D but nothing moe.

Smush played another flawless game, hitting shots when needed and having very few if any turnovers. He is the surprise of the season so far. I am very impressed.

Now, Kobe and Lamar both played phenomenal. Lamar did his thing. 20 points, along with 8 rebounds and 4 assists. He played well. However, Kobe was the man ...............again. He played so well despite not getting ANY calls in his favor when driving to the hoop. As long as he hits that jumper, he's unstoppable. What impresses me most is, is his efficiency in his scoring. He's not forcing anything. You may all want him to drive to the basket more, but keep in mind that every time he does, he is disrupting the ball movement in the system. As well, the refs haven't given him any calls in the paint thus far and expending energy and risking injury are not things we need from him. Kobe is leading the league in scoring and efficiency, that is insane considering the reboudning bigs dominate effiency usually.

Kobe, if you continue to play this way all season, the MVP is yours my man. Keep it up.
Kobe#2

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday