Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

revgen wrote:
khmrP wrote:2nd best C in the league just got owned on the block by Hibbert....what a JOKE, there is no 2nd best C in the league its Howard and everybody else.


Wrong.

Bynum had 16 points on 12 attampts.

Hibbert had 18 points on 13 attempts.

Bynum was doubled constantly while Hibbert received few doubles at all.


Not to mention people underrate Hibbert. He's played very solid ball this year.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12220
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby kray28 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Another round to thanks to our heartless, gutless and clueless bigs. Wonderful job on the boards. Nice job being alert Drew. Nice defense too. Hibbert punked your arse worse than Dwight tonight.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby Legendary on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Post game show hosts talking about how Hibbert dominated the game and took over in the 2nd half...with a broken nose.
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Need, need, need some rebounding from our bigs. Bynum has to do a better job making decisions with the ball, but he played well offensively. Pau filled the stat sheet in meaningless fashion.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46533
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby kray28 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Drew needs to go see the Wizard and ask for a heart and a brain.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:16 pm

revgen wrote:
khmrP wrote:2nd best C in the league just got owned on the block by Hibbert....what a JOKE, there is no 2nd best C in the league its Howard and everybody else.


Wrong.

Bynum had 16 points on 12 attampts.

Hibbert had 18 points on 13 attempts.

Bynum was doubled constantly while Hibbert received few doubles at all.


should the 2nd best C in the league need double to help defend? :man10: Please Bynum points came by way of others setting him up with spoon feeding, Hibbert took Bynum on the block every time.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby revgen on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:22 pm

khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:
khmrP wrote:2nd best C in the league just got owned on the block by Hibbert....what a JOKE, there is no 2nd best C in the league its Howard and everybody else.


Wrong.

Bynum had 16 points on 12 attampts.

Hibbert had 18 points on 13 attempts.

Bynum was doubled constantly while Hibbert received few doubles at all.


should the 2nd best C in the league need double to help defend? :man10: Please Bynum points came by way of others setting him up with spoon feeding, Hibbert took Bynum on the block every time.


Hibbert is 7'2. He's one of the few bigs that's actually taller than Drew. And he did a good job positioning himself. Could Drew do a better job denying position? Sure, but it wasn't like he was playing against somebody smaller than him.

Bynum was doubled just about every time he caught the ball, so of course not all his points come from postups.

It was the 3 pointers that hurt us in this game. Not Hibbert.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Point still stands...there is NO 2nd best C, its Howard and everybody else, if Hibbert didn't actually have broken nose he would've posted even better #'s.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

revgen wrote:Hibbert is 7'2. He's one of the few bigs that's actually taller than Drew. And he did a good job positioning himself. Could Drew do a better job denying position? Sure, but it wasn't like he was playing against somebody smaller than him.

Bynum was doubled just about every time he caught the ball, so of course not all his points come from postups.

It was the 3 pointers that hurt us in this game. Not Hibbert.


Yeah. A lot of folks aren't aware of how good Hibbert is. I'd rather he take and make a bunch of shots against us rather than having their shooters burn us from outside.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12220
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby revgen on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

khmrP wrote:Point still stands...there is NO 2nd best C, its Howard and everybody else, if Hibbert didn't actually have broken nose he would've posted even better #'s.


Bynum can score 29 point games playing 1 vs 1. Hibbert has an 18 point game playing 1 vs 1.

He's good. But if he were as good as Drew, he'd be getting double-teamed more often.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Hibbert w/ Bynum on court
5 rebounds
6-10 FGs, 12 pts
3 ast
1 TO

w/ Bymum off court
3-3 FGs, 6 pts
3 boards
1 ast
1 TO

Hibbert was good against Bynum, but not exactly awesome. And he was clearly more effective when Bynum was offcourt. He hit all of his shots.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46533
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby last stand on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 pm

pau needs to go. he just needs to be off this roster while we all still have fond memories of him. the longer he stays the more his image is tainted.

ship him for something, or just a group of players willing to come in and produce. he's not doing anything anymore and hasn't for about a year now
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby last stand on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:32 pm

stromile swift>pau right now
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:35 pm

revgen wrote:
khmrP wrote:Point still stands...there is NO 2nd best C, its Howard and everybody else, if Hibbert didn't actually have broken nose he would've posted even better #'s.


Bynum can score 29 point games playing 1 vs 1. Hibbert has an 18 point game playing 1 vs 1.

He's good. But if he were as good as Drew, he'd be getting double-teamed more often.


dude seriously? Bynum was not getting DOUBLE EVERYTIME, you'll just say anything to make this guy look good, Hibbert got way better position on him, forget height, height wouldn't affect how Hibbert gets positioned.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby revgen on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:35 pm

trodgers wrote:Hibbert w/ Bynum on court
5 rebounds
6-10 FGs, 12 pts
3 ast
1 TO

w/ Bymum off court
3-3 FGs, 6 pts
3 boards
1 ast
1 TO

Hibbert was good against Bynum, but not exactly awesome. And he was clearly more effective when Bynum was offcourt. He hit all of his shots.


Hibbert isn't a bad player. He's given Pau problems in past games against Indy. But for anybody to say that he's on par with Bynum is just silly.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby revgen on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:36 pm

khmrP wrote:
revgen wrote:
khmrP wrote:Point still stands...there is NO 2nd best C, its Howard and everybody else, if Hibbert didn't actually have broken nose he would've posted even better #'s.


Bynum can score 29 point games playing 1 vs 1. Hibbert has an 18 point game playing 1 vs 1.

He's good. But if he were as good as Drew, he'd be getting double-teamed more often.


dude seriously? Bynum was not getting DOUBLE EVERYTIME, you'll just say anything to make this guy look good, Hibbert got way better position on him, forget height, height wouldn't affect how Hibbert gets positioned.


You're either lying, or you didn't watch this game. Take your pick.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:36 pm

trodgers wrote:Hibbert w/ Bynum on court
5 rebounds
6-10 FGs, 12 pts
3 ast
1 TO

w/ Bymum off court
3-3 FGs, 6 pts
3 boards
1 ast
1 TO

Hibbert was good against Bynum, but not exactly awesome. And he was clearly more effective when Bynum was offcourt. He hit all of his shots.


those 12 pts came by way of straight posting up on him as oppose to Bynum who had that 1 bucket where Hibbert flopped the other points came by way of others setting him up for easy points.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby D-Fisher on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:16 am

Everybody, pls stop arguing... i don't care about it.
No matter what happen, i still love my Lakers~

:jam2:
"Why are you really here, LAKERS ???!!! You gotta fight for what you want!! Whoooaaa!!!"
User avatar
D-Fisher

 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:11 am

You're either lying, or you didn't watch this game. Take your pick.


2 possesion in 1st qtr, Bynum 2 missed hook shots (No DOUBLE)
1 possesion in 1st half, post up West SINGLED coverage, a few dribble to back him up and he picks up the ball to pass it out that leads to a TO (No Double)
1 possesion in 3rd qtr where Hibbert FLOPS and Bynum gets easy dunk (No DOULBE)

so NO, he was NOT DOUBLED EVERYTIME.....
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby 24fanyes on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:40 pm

D-Fisher wrote:Everybody, pls stop arguing... i don't care about it.
No matter what happen, i still love my Lakers~

:jam2:



i HATE D Fisher :mad1:
User avatar
24fanyes

 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:50 am

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:45 pm

24fanyes wrote:
D-Fisher wrote:Everybody, pls stop arguing... i don't care about it.
No matter what happen, i still love my Lakers~

:jam2:



i HATE D Fisher :mad1:

:man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46533
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Sun. 1/22 - Pacers vs Lakers - Predictions & Comments

Postby revgen on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:29 pm

khmrP wrote:
You're either lying, or you didn't watch this game. Take your pick.


2 possesion in 1st qtr, Bynum 2 missed hook shots (No DOUBLE)
1 possesion in 1st half, post up West SINGLED coverage, a few dribble to back him up and he picks up the ball to pass it out that leads to a TO (No Double)
1 possesion in 3rd qtr where Hibbert FLOPS and Bynum gets easy dunk (No DOULBE)

so NO, he was NOT DOUBLED EVERYTIME.....


I said "just about everytime". Not everytime. He was doubled far more than Hibbert was.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.