Sun. 2/27 @ Raptors - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lateralus on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:41 pm

3-3 since Kobe's return. Losing to Detroit was acceptable but the Raptors...

We were supposed to go 3-0 on this road trip.
User avatar
Lateralus

 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:41 pm

leftymo wrote:
DWonderful wrote:
DWonderful wrote:we cant blame this loss on any one person..odom and mihm did a terrible job on the defensive end..atkins shouldnt have shot that layup..kobe shouldnt have passed the ball with 26 secs left, and when he got his offensive rebound he shouldnt have passed to chucky for a three, he should have gone rite back up with it..caron sucked..lamar or grant should have got the rebound when rose missed..and jj played terrible defence


comments?




One sentence referring to defense, and you named the wrong guy!

Jones is one of the few guys that tries to play defense, heck he's part of the reason they got back into the game (by benching Caron).

Overall the team defense was bad, by a great many players... they lost b/c they can't guard anyone, if they give up 90 points, its a W!

Poor rotation, poor individual defense, not forcing turnovers, and just a complete overall laziness defensively is the reason they lost. No less, no more.

It's amazing that Chucky & Kobe kept them in the game. They should've lost by 25.

I'm betting serious money against them tomorrow in New York. And Kobe can do whatever you want him to, they're still going to lose b/c they can't guard anyone.


Jumaine is a pretty good defender but he was abused today, especially late. He was still actively pursuing rebounds, but his D was poor at best. So was everyone's though. You can't let a team keep getting open 3s when they're shooting 70% from downtown.
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46542
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby Lateralus on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:41 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:Toronto goes on a 10-0 run at the end when we were up by 4...what the FUUCCKK was kobe doing shooting a 3 when we were down by two...Image


and yea kobe isnt clutch anymore
:man10: You can´t lose the clutch ability. You are either clutch or you aren´t.


kobe was clutch the last few years...but now he isnt....he hasnt made any big shots this year... :disagree:


It's hard to be clutch when the entire opposing team knows the ball is going to be in your hands. The last few years Kobe didn't have to feel all that pressure because there were other superstars on the court. It's different now and he's obviously going to have to adjust.
User avatar
Lateralus

 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Postby GT1 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:41 pm

DWonderful wrote:
DWonderful wrote:
DWonderful wrote:
DWonderful wrote:we cant blame this loss on any one person..odom and mihm did a terrible job on the defensive end..atkins shouldnt have shot that layup..kobe shouldnt have passed the ball with 26 secs left, and when he got his offensive rebound he shouldnt have passed to chucky for a three, he should have gone rite back up with it..caron sucked..lamar or grant should have got the rebound when rose missed..and jj played terrible defence


am i the only person that thinks this


Stop spamming, obviously no one cares.
User avatar
GT1

 
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:58 pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA

Postby dynasty4kobe on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:41 pm

Lamar Odom gets less respect from NBA officials than any other Laker in history (save for Shaq and Wilt).

Did Mihm or Butler play in the fourth? I don't remember them doing much.
Image

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
User avatar
dynasty4kobe

 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:13 pm

Postby GuRu on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:41 pm

Lateralus wrote:
GT1 wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
GuRu wrote:
G|B|G|B wrote:blame kobe for the loss
shots a 3 when his team mates are open :man7: :man7: :man7: :man7:


That may be the stupidest thing ive ever seen posted on this board OF ALL TIME


What, is Kobe immune from doing anything wrong? He took a moronic three when there were plenty of better options and it COSTED US THE GAME. Get off Kobe's balls and realize he can make mistakes.


Why doesn't anyone ban this guy? He does nothing but troll.


Oh I'm sorry, is reality hurting you or are you just a blind fan ?


What's a more blind approach? Blaming the loss on Kobe for taking a bad 3 or completely ignoring his effort the entire game that even kept us close?

i didnt watch the game, but it sounds like kobe took a bad shot. Its a mistake, but you have to take them as they come. Taking a bad shot does not constitute costing us the game. Its just a mistake at the end of the game when we were already losing

Lack of defense cost us the game.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
User avatar
GuRu
Better Than You
 
Posts: 30127
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby KB24Gold on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:41 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:
G|B|G|B wrote:
Runway wrote:
DJM19 wrote:butler: 1-9 FG


he's a joke

kobe is a joke
shotting 3's when his team mates are open and theres time left on the clock :man7:

IF YOU HAVE A KOBE PROBLEM I FEEL BAD FOR YOU SON. THE LAKERS HAVE 99 PROBLEMS BUT KOBE AIN´T ONE.


Kobe Turned it over...at the end of the game :mad1:


Yeah. Kobe sucks. 31 points, 8 boards, 8 assists, 48% shooting. We can't have that crap.


Yes Kobe had a great game overall but your missing the point. Because of that one shot attempt he took from the 3 point line pretty much gave away what we was fighting for in the 4th. Of course the main reason we lost is because of lack of team effort but you gotta admit when he took that 3 with the time we had remaining you was probably asking yourself why did he do that?
Image
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
User avatar
KB24Gold
The Rebirth
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:41 am

Postby Real Deal on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:42 pm

How about some of you man up and stop bickering back and forth. If you want to represent CL and make this place the best Laker message boards on the net, show that you all have more than half a brain.

The atmosphere here is very different compared to how it was a few months ago. I don't know if it's because of the new members from the Jazz forum, the ones here who join to bash Kobe, or the banned members registering under other names, but grow up.

The Lakers are at fault as a team. If you want to point out individual performances, pointing at Kobe is not the answer. The Lakers shouldn't have had the Raptors this close in the first place, let alone the 4th quarter. If you feel like you have the answer to all of the Lakers' problems, find my thread in the Lakers Discussion and post your "answers" in it.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27544
Real Deal

 

Postby Lateralus on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:42 pm

Mihm and Butler weren't even at the game what are you talking about?
User avatar
Lateralus

 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Postby Lateralus on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:43 pm

GT1 wrote:Kobe did his job, made lots of shots, got everyone involved, how is Kobe's fault that Jalen made that OPEN shot? The player near didn't even attempt to put a hand up.

Blame the poor Laker defense you @sshat.


Wait, who said it was Kobe's fault that Jalen Rose made an open shot?
User avatar
Lateralus

 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Postby I Support #8 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:43 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:I'm glad I had to watch this game in Spanish, because my Spanish sucks, so I didn't understand most of what they were saying. I was able to focus on what the players were doing...if the Lakers play D the way they have the last two games, the will not make the playoffs. But more seriously, I don't see them finishing at .500. Despite the two losses, our offense has been great these two games. 90 pts against Detroit is not bad (they're giving up an average of 88). 102 should be enough to beat anyone in the game. I'm fine with the way the Lakers play O (except for rebounding).

Here's the really bad news. We know how we suck when we give up 100 points per game. We're giving up an average of almost 99. On any given night, we are hovering around a point where we have almost no chance of winning. This was some of the worst, passionless D I've ever seen. This team needs help and quick.

Guru, Mitch should have made a move. We could not have done worse at the PG spot than what we have. I don't care if Chucky scores 20 points per night. He gives up more than that.


Thank you!!! And very well put and written. I'm not caring about an all-star trade (although I would have loved to have gotten Davis) but just anything so show that we're trying!!
User avatar
I Support #8

 
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:22 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby GT1 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:44 pm

Lateralus wrote:3-3 since Kobe's return. Losing to Detroit was acceptable but the Raptors...

We were supposed to go 3-0 on this road trip.


:mad1:

Quit being an ignorant Kobe hater. Did you ever think of it this way?

Won three straight without Butler, 0-2 with him back. :man7:
User avatar
GT1

 
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:58 pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA

Postby leftymo on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:44 pm

dynasty4kobe wrote:Lamar Odom gets less respect from NBA officials than any other Laker in history (save for Shaq and Wilt).

Did Mihm or Butler play in the fourth? I don't remember them doing much.



That's b/c he hasn't learned the game yet. His mistakes are constantly and glaringly obvious.


It's like a few years ago when Kobe would never get a call...
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:45 pm

LakerBaller7 wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:
G|B|G|B wrote:
Runway wrote:
DJM19 wrote:butler: 1-9 FG


he's a joke

kobe is a joke
shotting 3's when his team mates are open and theres time left on the clock :man7:

IF YOU HAVE A KOBE PROBLEM I FEEL BAD FOR YOU SON. THE LAKERS HAVE 99 PROBLEMS BUT KOBE AIN´T ONE.


Kobe Turned it over...at the end of the game :mad1:


Yeah. Kobe sucks. 31 points, 8 boards, 8 assists, 48% shooting. We can't have that crap.


Yes Kobe had a great game overall but your missing the point. Because of that one shot attempt he took from the 3 point line pretty much gave away what we was fighting for in the 4th. Of course the main reason we lost is because of lack of team effort but you gotta admit when he took that 3 with the time we had remaining you was probably asking yourself why did he do that?


Why would I ask myself that? Kobe SHOULD be taking those shots. I was asking myself why the hell Caron tried that ridiculous putback shot at the end of the 3rd. No one between him and the basket, 2.7 seconds, and instead of grabbing it for a layup, he tries to flip it back up while in midair. Had Kobe hit that shot, you'd all be talking about how amazing he is. It may have been a shot that we'd blame 90% of players for, but I'm not going to blame him. I wouldn't blame Iverson, I wouldn't blame Ray Allen, etc. There are guys who should be shooting in the clutch and he's one of them.
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46542
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:45 pm

Lateralus wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:Toronto goes on a 10-0 run at the end when we were up by 4...what the FUUCCKK was kobe doing shooting a 3 when we were down by two...Image


and yea kobe isnt clutch anymore
:man10: You can´t lose the clutch ability. You are either clutch or you aren´t.


kobe was clutch the last few years...but now he isnt....he hasnt made any big shots this year... :disagree:


It's hard to be clutch when the entire opposing team knows the ball is going to be in your hands. The last few years Kobe didn't have to feel all that pressure because there were other superstars on the court. It's different now and he's obviously going to have to adjust.


k thats even worse...when he gets double teamed why doesnt he give up the shot and pass it to someone WIDE open... :man7:
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby GT1 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:45 pm

Lateralus wrote:
GT1 wrote:Kobe did his job, made lots of shots, got everyone involved, how is Kobe's fault that Jalen made that OPEN shot? The player near didn't even attempt to put a hand up.

Blame the poor Laker defense you @sshat.


Wait, who said it was Kobe's fault that Jalen Rose made an open shot?


You did. You said that three cost us the game. Kobe attempted that three, missed, Jalen hit that shot on the next possesion. You've been preaching that all day!
User avatar
GT1

 
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:58 pm
Location: Van Nuys, CA

Postby ShaqsPurpleSuitAfterGame5 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:46 pm

kobe 3 point attempt is not the reason the lakers lost the game. try a point guard that gives up open jumpshots, a power forward that obviously is not mentally prepared before the game, a center that is an magnet to fouls and bench players that have a combine basketball I.Q. of...nevermind. if i can see the pick and roll coming why in the world the players on the court dont know it. thanks alot mitch.
User avatar
ShaqsPurpleSuitAfterGame5

 
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:24 pm

Postby I Support #8 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:46 pm

DWonderful wrote:
DWonderful wrote:
DWonderful wrote:we cant blame this loss on any one person..odom and mihm did a terrible job on the defensive end..atkins shouldnt have shot that layup..kobe shouldnt have passed the ball with 26 secs left, and when he got his offensive rebound he shouldnt have passed to chucky for a three, he should have gone rite back up with it..caron sucked..lamar or grant should have got the rebound when rose missed..and jj played terrible defence


comments?


anyone agree? comments



:man10: I gotchu man. And yes, you can't blame one man for the loss. If the defense had been there, that shot would either A) not mattered or B) not have even been necessary to take or C) I guess both A and B mean kinda the same thing, huh?
User avatar
I Support #8

 
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:22 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:47 pm

we need :phil1: and :shaq1:
Guest

 

Postby GuRu on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:47 pm

LakerBaller7 wrote:Yes Kobe had a great game overall but your missing the point. Because of that one shot attempt he took from the 3 point line pretty much gave away what we was fighting for in the 4th. Of course the main reason we lost is because of lack of team effort but you gotta admit when he took that 3 with the time we had remaining you was probably asking yourself why did he do that?


No, focusing on that one shot attempt would be missign the point. it was a bad play, end of story. Kinda hard to come down on the guy considering what he did for the team today. Keep it in perspective.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
User avatar
GuRu
Better Than You
 
Posts: 30127
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:47 pm

I Support #8 wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:I'm glad I had to watch this game in Spanish, because my Spanish sucks, so I didn't understand most of what they were saying. I was able to focus on what the players were doing...if the Lakers play D the way they have the last two games, the will not make the playoffs. But more seriously, I don't see them finishing at .500. Despite the two losses, our offense has been great these two games. 90 pts against Detroit is not bad (they're giving up an average of 88). 102 should be enough to beat anyone in the game. I'm fine with the way the Lakers play O (except for rebounding).

Here's the really bad news. We know how we suck when we give up 100 points per game. We're giving up an average of almost 99. On any given night, we are hovering around a point where we have almost no chance of winning. This was some of the worst, passionless D I've ever seen. This team needs help and quick.

Guru, Mitch should have made a move. We could not have done worse at the PG spot than what we have. I don't care if Chucky scores 20 points per night. He gives up more than that.


Thank you!!! And very well put and written. I'm not caring about an all-star trade (although I would have loved to have gotten Davis) but just anything so show that we're trying!!


I don't want "just anything." I'd rather see a trade that improves us at a position. You mean we couldn't lure Alston out of Toronto after he basically said he doesn't want to play there? I know George and Divac are on the IR, but we had to be able to get something together to offer.
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46542
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby KB24Gold on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:47 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:There are guys who should be shooting in the clutch and he's one of them.


Which I agree on man, I just wish he took a bit more time before he did make the attempt.
Image
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
User avatar
KB24Gold
The Rebirth
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:41 am

Postby Lateralus on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:47 pm

GT1 wrote:
Lateralus wrote:3-3 since Kobe's return. Losing to Detroit was acceptable but the Raptors...

We were supposed to go 3-0 on this road trip.


:mad1:

Quit being an ignorant Kobe hater. Did you ever think of it this way?

Won three straight without Butler, 0-2 with him back. :man7:


Haha, okay now I know you can't read. Anything you try to comprehend just gets thrown into your head in the way you want to view it.

Butler has hardly anything to do with the losses. It's the Lakers defense.
User avatar
Lateralus

 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Postby Lateralus on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:48 pm

GuRu wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
GT1 wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
GuRu wrote:
G|B|G|B wrote:blame kobe for the loss
shots a 3 when his team mates are open :man7: :man7: :man7: :man7:


That may be the stupidest thing ive ever seen posted on this board OF ALL TIME


What, is Kobe immune from doing anything wrong? He took a moronic three when there were plenty of better options and it COSTED US THE GAME. Get off Kobe's balls and realize he can make mistakes.


Why doesn't anyone ban this guy? He does nothing but troll.


Oh I'm sorry, is reality hurting you or are you just a blind fan ?


What's a more blind approach? Blaming the loss on Kobe for taking a bad 3 or completely ignoring his effort the entire game that even kept us close?

i didnt watch the game, but it sounds like kobe took a bad shot. Its a mistake, but you have to take them as they come. Taking a bad shot does not constitute costing us the game. Its just a mistake at the end of the game when we were already losing

Lack of defense cost us the game.


Wow, I don't recall saying anywhere that Kobe's overall play was the reason for the L. I said he took a bad shot when there were plenty of BETTER options during crunch time and that gave the game to Toronto. Kobe played superb the entire game but made ONE crucial mistake. Either way you see it, the Lakers lost to a crap team and it's again because of their defense.
User avatar
Lateralus

 
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:12 pm

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:49 pm

realdealbneal wrote: If you feel like you have the answer to all of the Lakers' problems, find my thread in the Lakers Discussion and post your "answers" in it.

http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27544


I did already. But now that the deadline is past, we're kinda screwed. Did Payton get waived and re-sign yet? I'd take him back over Chucky.
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46542
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.