Sun. 2/27 @ Raptors - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Real Deal on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:50 pm

Regardless of what most of you say, the fact of the matter is that Butler was terrible on both sides of the ball, and the guards gave up too many easy baskets, as usual. Odom couldn't stop anyone defensively either, and Bosh tore into us.

Kobe's near triple double helped us alot. The fact that he missed a clutch shot and a few threes mean nothing, when we should've been up by 10+ in the 4th quarter in the first place. We didn't even lead by more than 3 in the entire game, so let's not blame Kobe, who had impressive numbers at the end of the half. Some of you are blind.
Real Deal

Postby Lateralus on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm not blaming Kobe at all for his performance. I'm saying he took a bad shot at the end. Why does that say "Kobe played bad" to most of you?
Lateralus

Postby shizZ on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:51 pm

I can't believe all of you are putting this on kobe. Well mostly all.. Butler and Odom played like CRAP in my opinion. They wern't even a factor. Odom dribbles the ball too much, and Butler needs to play with more pride than that. Chucky played well, but Kobe kept you guys in this game
shizZ

Postby 2SGHistory on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:53 pm

why is this dude taking fadeaway threes, when your down by 2, with 20 seconds to go

WHY :bang:
Feeling Good, Feeling Great...Feeling Great, Feeling Good, How Are You?

-Tipsy
2SGHistory

Postby Real Deal on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Lateralus wrote:I'm not blaming Kobe at all for his performance. I'm saying he took a bad shot at the end. Why does that say "Kobe played bad" to most of you?

Because whether or not it was a bad shot, it's irrelevant to the loss. The Lakers should've never trailed against the Raptors in the first place, and all of that falls on everyone else's shoulders. Kobe did his job for 3 1/2 quarters...one missed shot shouldn't be pointed out before the lackluster defensive efforts by Butler, Atkins, Jones, Odom, Mihm, and everyone else on the Lakers...not to mention Butler's terrible shooting and everything else leading to the Lakers struggling in the first three quarters...let alone the last one.
Real Deal

Postby BDG on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:54 pm

shizZ wrote:I can't believe all of you are putting this on kobe. Well mostly all.. Butler and Odom played like CRAP in my opinion. They wern't even a factor. Odom dribbles the ball too much, and Butler needs to play with more pride than that. Chucky played well, but Kobe kept you guys in this game
THANK YOU. Your team just shot the hell out of the ball from beyond the arc and our lazy D didn't help that at all.

Why are you guys focusing on one or two mistakes from Kobe and not on our LACK OF DEFENSE?! It's the SAME thing that kills us the entire season! Look at the stats! It's a TEAM effort, yet you blame it all on a couple turnovers from Kobe.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe#1fan on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:55 pm

lakers suck i bet the t-pups are going to make the playoffs and the lakers get a lottery pick wehave three under average players in our starting lineup and one player who always gets in foul trouble. And a ball hog
Kobe#1fan

Postby KB24Gold on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:55 pm

GuRu wrote:
LakerBaller7 wrote:Yes Kobe had a great game overall but your missing the point. Because of that one shot attempt he took from the 3 point line pretty much gave away what we was fighting for in the 4th. Of course the main reason we lost is because of lack of team effort but you gotta admit when he took that 3 with the time we had remaining you was probably asking yourself why did he do that?

No, focusing on that one shot attempt would be missign the point. it was a bad play, end of story. Kinda hard to come down on the guy considering what he did for the team today. Keep it in perspective.

Well I wasn't coming down hard on him saying he played bad overall, I'm just saying with the time we had remaining on the clock we could of took a better shot from him.

Well on the the next game which is against my home team, the Knicks haven't been playing great this season but as leftymo said they have been playing pretty impressive as of late. I just hope the Lakers don't take them for granted as we saw what happened with this game.
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby kobe6962 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:56 pm

LakerBaller7 wrote:
GuRu wrote:
LakerBaller7 wrote:Yes Kobe had a great game overall but your missing the point. Because of that one shot attempt he took from the 3 point line pretty much gave away what we was fighting for in the 4th. Of course the main reason we lost is because of lack of team effort but you gotta admit when he took that 3 with the time we had remaining you was probably asking yourself why did he do that?

No, focusing on that one shot attempt would be missign the point. it was a bad play, end of story. Kinda hard to come down on the guy considering what he did for the team today. Keep it in perspective.

Well I wasn't coming down hard on him saying he played bad overall, I'm just saying with the time we had remaining on the clock we could of took a better shot from him.

Well on the the next game which is against my home team, the Knicks haven't been playing great this season but as leftymo said they have been playing pretty impressive as of late. I just hope the Lakers don't take them for granted as we saw what happened with this game.

So who are you rooting for when they play against each other?
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby shizZ on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:56 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
shizZ wrote:I can't believe all of you are putting this on kobe. Well mostly all.. Butler and Odom played like CRAP in my opinion. They wern't even a factor. Odom dribbles the ball too much, and Butler needs to play with more pride than that. Chucky played well, but Kobe kept you guys in this game
THANK YOU. Your team just shot the hell out of the ball from beyond the arc and our lazy D didn't help that at all.

Why are you guys focusing on one or two mistakes from Kobe and not on our LACK OF DEFENSE?! It's the SAME thing that kills us the entire season! Look at the stats! It's a TEAM effort, yet you blame it all on a couple turnovers from Kobe.

I am just being honest. Some of you need to wake up and realize it was NOT kobes fault. It was self evident. What is Kobe supposed to do when hes double teamed going to the basket, when there is is absolutely NO movement in the offense. Butlers body language didn't impress me
shizZ

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:57 pm

I'm better now. I found this loss one of the most difficult to swallow for some reason. Tomorrow, New York. Lakers +4.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:58 pm

seriously, i want to make the playoffs but i dont see us winning anything

i would think it would be good to get into the lottery..we could get Chris Hernandez, Salim Stoudimire,Chris Paul, J.J Reddick, Curtis Sumpter or some one else that would help our team

then in two years we could get someone good in free agency- Yao Ming,Amare Stoudimire,or another player of high caliber

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:58 pm

seriously, i want to make the playoffs but i dont see us winning anything

i would think it would be good to get into the lottery..we could get Chris Hernandez, Salim Stoudimire,Chris Paul, J.J Reddick, Curtis Sumpter or some one else that would help our team

then in two years we could get someone good in free agency- Yao Ming,Amare Stoudimire,or another player of high caliber

comments? thoughts?

Postby KB24Gold on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:00 pm

kobe6962 wrote:So who are you rooting for when they play against each other?

Well since the Knicks have ruined their franchise with the trades they made I don't see them going anywhere this season. Lakers on the other hand are fighting for a playoff spot so I'm hoping for them to pick up a win here. Though I won't be too upset if the Knicks manage to pull a victory.
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:01 pm

Kobe#1fan wrote:lakers suck i bet the t-pups are going to make the playoffs and the lakers get a lottery pick wehave three under average players in our starting lineup and one player who always gets in foul trouble. And a ball hog

8 assists = ballhog
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:03 pm

DWonderful wrote:seriously, i want to make the playoffs but i dont see us winning anything

comments? thoughts?

anyone?

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:11 pm

DWonderful wrote:
DWonderful wrote:seriously, i want to make the playoffs but i dont see us winning anything

comments? thoughts?

anyone?

You're desperate for someone to comment so if I do it, will you please stop posting? See the thread about it being disgusting that people want a lottery pick. Then see the threads where people say that if we need to wait two years, we have a terrible club. Why give up on this season?
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:11 pm

DWonderful wrote:

comments? thoughts?

anyone?

sure there are some benefits from not making playoffs....

BUT thats no reason to tank the season...we've more dignity and pride than that....plus all them haters will be proved wrong wen kobe leads us to the playoffs.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:12 pm

plus i DOUBT we can get amare nor yao...and i think guru had posted a bilion times that the cap space mite nto work out unless we trade or osmething, i dunno
Karl11-Caron1

Postby EQualizer on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:25 pm

broken record time! assuming yao or amare even WANT to sign with the lakers, it'll probably be a max contract, and unless the lakers move odom or kobe, they'll have 3 players signed, pretty much exceeding or at the salary cap, which means they'll have like crap for the rest of the team becuase they can't sign better bench players
EQualizer

Postby magicmoment on Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:26 pm

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: rrrr... i thought that we were gonna win this one. the raptors just kept throwin' up 3's... we had em in the 4th quarter cutting the lead..and even leading by 4 at one point. it just frustrates me coz we shud have won this one... ::sigh:: ... we'll HAVE to win tomorrow!!!
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby (¯`·.->:.ICED T.:< on Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:32 pm

magicmoment wrote: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: rrrr... i thought that we were gonna win this one. the raptors just kept throwin' up 3's... we had em in the 4th quarter cutting the lead..and even leading by 4 at one point. it just frustrates me coz we shud have won this one... ::sigh:: ... we'll HAVE to win tomorrow!!!

I doubt it, if we cant beat the raptors than we really need to sit down and see what is wrong, i mean its the raptors! hey suck! my high school team could out play them on offence! GOD! we'll have to wait and see.
(¯`·.->:.ICED T.:<

Postby kobe6962 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Kirk20 wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:oh boy Chucky you get my props today :bow:

What happenned to your attitude

Its the same
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby strikemode14 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:28 pm

Dang we actually lost to the Raptors. :bang: Oh well we are facing the Knicks next. We should be able to beat them even though I predict Marbury to have a good game.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby shizZ on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:26 am

(¯`·.->:.ICED T.:<- wrote:
magicmoment wrote: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: rrrr... i thought that we were gonna win this one. the raptors just kept throwin' up 3's... we had em in the 4th quarter cutting the lead..and even leading by 4 at one point. it just frustrates me coz we shud have won this one... ::sigh:: ... we'll HAVE to win tomorrow!!!

I doubt it, if we cant beat the raptors than we really need to sit down and see what is wrong, i mean its the raptors! hey suck! my high school team could out play them on offence! GOD! we'll have to wait and see.

yeah, they really suck. Beating the spurs, pistons, t wolves, pistons, heat, rockets, kings..and now lakers yeah, we must suck.

No, we do not suck, we have a lot of potential, and things are starting to come together here
shizZ

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday