Sun. 4/2 vs. Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby jminges on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:18 pm

lakaboy42 wrote:^It probly won't be Phil, and if Scott doesn't make the playoffs with NOK then who do you guys think it'll be?

Flip Saunders, obviously. Though he doesn't deserve it.
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby jminges on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:19 pm

okay wrote:
leftymo wrote:Anyone see that argument between DG & Kobe?

It was pretty heated, and Kobe calmly spoke to him but DG was definitely upset at Kobe about something.

Maybe trying to "show" for 50? Really interested to see what that was about. But probably just a normal argument, part of being on a team. It will never be harmonious.

Kobe was probably trying to break the news to him :man10:

Kobe, "We don't want you back."
Image. LETS GO LA!!!
jminges

Postby DMK on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:20 pm

Kobe Averaged like 27.6ppg last season right?....

This season = 34.8ppg :man4:

what a significant increase....

oh and our winning percentage as well :mhihi:

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Snake Eyes on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:20 pm

jminges wrote:
lakaboy42 wrote:^It probly won't be Phil, and if Scott doesn't make the playoffs with NOK then who do you guys think it'll be?

What about Avery Johnson? Mike D'Antoni?

Johnson got an offensive team playing some D and well D'Antoni got a team good without Stoudemire... just some thoughts.
Snake Eyes

Postby SOAD on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:21 pm

22-14 at home :mhihi:
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby DMK on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:21 pm

jminges wrote:

:jam2: thank you....

Chauncy = no MVP on such a well grouped TEAM!

Flip = No COY with such a well grouped inherited team! :jam2:

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby kb8lak on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:25 pm

It was pretty heated, and Kobe calmly spoke to him but DG was definitely upset at Kobe about something.

Maybe trying to "show" for 50? Really interested to see what that was about. But probably just a normal argument, part of being on a team. It will never be harmonious.

Devean was pissed at Phil for not letting him back into the game......it was reported on the radio.
kb8lak
Contributing Member

Postby hdtvset on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:27 pm

This game wasn't in HD. :mad1: Good win!
hdtvset

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:29 pm

this hurts to have to post under a new name due to the erasing of my former name but I will get used to it.....

On the brightside I am glad the Lake Show won easily. I thought they let the rockets do to much in the first half. It was refreshing to see the boys come out and play hard in the second half. Finally stepped up on a subpar team.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby *wishlist* on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:30 pm

i hope there's going to be a torrent for this. i missed the game and the vcr didn't record it. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
What's it going to take to have the Lakers to have a team song/chant like euroleague.. teams have... I can only wish.
*wishlist*

Postby lakaboy42 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:35 pm

okay wrote:

Kobe was probably trying to break the news to him :man10:

It was about the seating, did you watch carefully? Brian cook was sitting next to DG, then Kobe came over and was talking to them, then Cook slid over and Kobe sat down.
lakaboy42

Postby kobe4ever on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:52 pm

yessssssssssssss sprite power :jam2: last time i went to staple center the undefeated sprite power was dead after we lost to spurs. well i went to the game today and they won!!! they are now 8-1 when i drink sprite at staple center!!! im not sure if itz 9-1. does anyone remember wat it was before todays game? i cant remember cauz my profile got deleted. anywayz did anyone go to the game today? it was funny at late 4th quater. ppl were chanting "WE WANT TACO! WE WANT TACO!" instead of "LETS GO LAKERS! LETS GO LAKERS!" and they held the rockets under 90 (barely) so we all got coupons for 2 free tacos at jack in the box. lol dat was funny. o by da way mckie and jackson finally played... but no bynum :bang:
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby Kurt Rambis on Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:02 pm

Nice game today. Good to see a few guys have a few minutes off of the bench.
Kurt Rambis

Postby lakerfool on Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:15 pm

OVERALL

EXCELLENT GAME BY EVERYONE TODAY

Yes, we played the undermanned beat up rockets, but they are still a good defensive team w/ JVG's grind it out system, and we scored a crapload on them

Though Yao scored 33, Kwame STILL did an excellent job making him take harder shots. He was taking all these fadeaways, and that is what you want Yao or any center kwame is gaurding to be taking. They just went in. Good job kwame

Smush- he was looking for everyone today. Usually is a scorer, but today had a passing mentality

Kobe- duh. He's the reason why we broke away in the 3rd quarter

Odom- had a good game as well. Was aggressive when kobe was out, and let kobe do his thing when he was in. He defending Swift and Howard fairly good

Luke- I KNOW YOU SWITCHED BRAINS WITH YOUR FATHER!

Overall excellent game by EVERYONE

Kobe started by GETTING EVERYONE ENVOLVED, and didn't have to force the issue until the 3rd quarter. This is how Kobe should play everygame so that defenses don't key into him from the get go
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby DMK on Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:15 pm

I almost spit my drink out cause i thought i seen a ghost...

Mckie checked in :man10:

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby okay on Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:30 pm

This is how Kobe should play everygame so that defenses don't key into him from the get go

If TMac was playing, no way Kobe could have done what he did. I mean Mac isn't the greatest defender, but his size could have definitely given Kobe some trouble. Kobe was just shooting over Luther Head all game.
okay

Postby Massacre on Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:38 pm

DMK wrote:I almost spit my drink out cause i thought i seen a ghost...

Mckie checked in :man10:

:man10:
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby DMK on Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:43 pm

okay wrote:
This is how Kobe should play everygame so that defenses don't key into him from the get go

Would he have scored the same?... nothing tells me he wouldnt...

If TMac was playing, no way Kobe could have done what he did. I mean Mac isn't the greatest defender, but his size could have definitely given Kobe some trouble. Kobe was just shooting over Luther Head all game.

I suggest you watch Kobe vs Tmac - last game vs magic in the season of 2004...

KOBE OWNED MAC.... BADLY Lakers won in OT... and that was when kobe was wearing the shoulder sleeve cause of the surgery....

I have a video of the highlights if you want me to repost it... Kobe had like 2 pts at half... mac had 30 or so.... kobe OUTSCORED MAC for the game when it was all over and said... kobe personally asked phil if he could cover Tmac at half... phil didnt want to..but he let him... kobe shut him down... kobe scored 30+ and led the lakers to the W

That was the single moment Tmac got placed FOREVER behind Kobe

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby polypro127 on Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:54 pm

Kobe has owned TMAC since he was in Orlando. Ive seen all the footage since then between them two. TMAC is like Kobes little brother whos coming up but not as good as him. TMAC lacks desire cause you can see it in him.
"I don't know how to put this... but, I'm kind of a big deal... people know me... I'm very important... I have many leather-bound books... and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
polypro127

Postby Lakers2001wow!! on Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:59 pm

It's funny how "mvp" is never around when kobe plays great but when kobe is having a bad shooting night, he's all over the place.

Now the game....

I didn't like those shots kobe forced in the 4th quarter, it hurt his FG% :man6: :man1: ....Great game by kobe 41 pts in 3 quarters :man12: :man1:

Yao Ming played great in the 1st half, I got a little nervous there for a second.

In the original thread i said kobe will get 50 pts and lakers win by 17. Almost got it right.

And kobe getting closer to some records...

The highest PPG in a season in Lakers history is E.Baylor 34.8....kobe 34.8..i hope kobe gets that. And kobe will be #1 in 40 point games in a season by a Laker player. he already has the 81 point game , the most points scored by a Lakers player ever.

Does anyone have the Stats for the most 40 point games in a season in NBA HISTORY?....

I know Jordan is #1 w/ 37....what's the next 4?. And does kobe have a chance to be in the top 5 in that stat.?
Lakers2001wow!!

Postby okay on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:06 pm

DMK wrote:
okay wrote:

KOBE OWNED MAC.... BADLY Lakers won in OT... and that was when kobe was wearing the shoulder sleeve cause of the surgery....

I have a video of the highlights if you want me to repost it... Kobe had like 2 pts at half... mac had 30 or so.... kobe OUTSCORED MAC for the game when it was all over and said... kobe personally asked phil if he could cover Tmac at half... phil didnt want to..but he let him... kobe shut him down... kobe scored 30+ and led the lakers to the W

lol, you don't have to worry about me, I saw the game when it happened, and I saw what Kobe did.

But that TMac had already given up on the season, and the coaching staff didn't exactly care either.

The last time the Lakers played (when L.A won) TMac did a pretty good job of contesting Kobe's shots and I don't think Kobe shot too well.
okay

Postby girlsfavtoy on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:25 pm

okay wrote:
DMK wrote:
okay wrote:

lol, you don't have to worry about me, I saw the game when it happened, and I saw what Kobe did.

But that TMac had already given up on the season, and the coaching staff didn't exactly care either.

The last time the Lakers played (when L.A won) TMac did a pretty good job of contesting Kobe's shots and I don't think Kobe shot too well.

Then why would t-mac play any better today? When the rockets season is pretty much over?
Kobe -- Only professional Athelete ever to lose to a retard.
girlsfavtoy

Postby LA LAKERS OF EL SEGUNDO on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:32 pm

DMK wrote:7 games left...

5 Home

2 away

Can we go 45-37 :man3:

NM, my bad.

Lets hope- TCB :jam2:
Last edited by LA LAKERS OF EL SEGUNDO on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come on EL'LAY, get that jello jigglin'
LA LAKERS OF EL SEGUNDO

Postby TalkieWalkie on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:50 pm

okay wrote:Uh wow, they are talking about ABC why Kobe was in the game in the 4th. Seriously do they have to ***** about something every day?

I think that was Dan Patrick's idea...still trying to shake off all the Kobe hater training that he recieved with BSPN...

If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby okay on Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:52 pm

TalkieWalkie wrote:
okay wrote:Uh wow, they are talking about ABC why Kobe was in the game in the 4th. Seriously do they have to ***** about something every day?

I think that was Dan Patrick's idea...still trying to shake off all the Kobe hater training that he recieved with BSPN...

I knew that no good bastard looked familiar. :man10:
okay

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday