Sun. 2/06 @ Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby hZm on Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:59 pm

:disagree: Very tough loss. :man6:
hZm

Postby BaLLa4EvA on Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:59 pm

wow did u see kobe at the end wut a inspiration,did u see him saying good effort wut a leader :bow:

nice try l.a. :jam2:
BaLLa4EvA

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:00 pm

I would have loved the win, but look at it this way: The Lakers, with 21 TO, lost on the final shot to a team who's allegedly a playoff team, WITHOUT KOBE. This team has shown some great stuff the past two games against good teams. Again, I know we lost, but the team played hard in the 2nd half.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Sunny on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:00 pm

Walton was pushed by Scott Paget makking him lose the rebound out of bounds...Walton should be at the line to shoot two FT's with 1 second left. Scott literally just pushed him, not even going for the ball, right in front of the ref.
Sunny

Postby LukeWalton on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:00 pm

OMG i was already jumping when cook let that go. I thought it was in. Bck to BAck heartbreakers. I Wish Luke didnt get that ball ripped and he own it :bang:
LukeWalton

Postby leftymo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:01 pm

RenePerezz wrote:tough loss but great expierence for this team.

That's Cook's 2nd game winning shot missed this year!!!

But they're learning...

hopefully they figure out giving up 100 pts is NO means for success.

4-18 now, giving up 100 pts...
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Okki on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:01 pm

I'm going to kill myself Cook can join me...
Okki

Postby Lateralus on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:01 pm

GuRu wrote:Its a tough loss

BUT IM PROUD OF OUR GUYS

great comeback, great posie, great 2nd half, ecspecially great 4th quarter. Just fell short

Hopefully we don't have to say this again... damnit we always come up short after making a comeback...
Lateralus

Postby MarkMadsen on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:01 pm

the Clippers syndrome!!!!

losing close games now :(
MarkMadsen

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:02 pm

Sunny wrote:Walton was pushed by Scott Paget makking him lose the rebound out of bounds...Walton should be at the line to shoot two FT's with 1 second left. Scott literally just pushed him, not even going for the ball, right in front of the ref.

I didn't see that. I saw everyone reaching for the ball, but the first bobble by Luke was just because of the momentum on the ball. It was coming off the backboard hard.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:02 pm

BUT IM PROUD OF OUR GUYS

great comeback, great posie, great 2nd half, ecspecially great 4th quarter. Just fell short

We can't ask for another look from a better shooter. It just didn't go in. I thought Luke had that rebound at the end for the tip in win... DAMN.

I'm more heartbroken from this loss than I have been any other loss this season. I'm really down right now... but I've never been prouder of this team.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:02 pm

who else thought that that foul odom had on sura when we were up 3 was not a foul?? didnt it seem like sura kneed it outta bounds then the refs called a foul? :disagree:

and urgghhh luke would've had the game winner :bang:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby leftymo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:02 pm

BUT IM PROUD OF OUR GUYS

They've done that in a couple games now... and in reality they've played all the good teams close and lost only by a few points... (that's what ALL inferior teams usually do!)
leftymo

Postby grego on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:03 pm

Sunny wrote:Walton was pushed by Scott Paget makking him lose the rebound out of bounds...Walton should be at the line to shoot two FT's with 1 second left. Scott literally just pushed him, not even going for the ball, right in front of the ref.

The ball was up for grabs. The only reason Luke didn't get the ball was because it came off the board quickly. If he came off slower, he would have had the ball. He just couldnt' get both hands on it.
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby leftymo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:03 pm

Karl11-Caron1 wrote:who else thought that that foul odom had on sura when we were up 3 was not a foul?? didnt it seem like sura kneed it outta bounds then the refs called a foul? :disagree:

1. The ball went off Odom's knee
2. The call was legit, it was blocking.
leftymo

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:03 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

BUT IM PROUD OF OUR GUYS

We can't ask for another look from a better shooter. It just didn't go in. I thought Luke had that rebound at the end for the tip in win... DAMN.

I'm more heartbroken from this loss than I have been any other loss this season. I'm really down right now... but I've never been prouder of this team.

yeah i agree, that was a good open shot...just didnt fall.....

damn 2 heartbreaks in a day....clips then lakers :bang:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby jimbo327 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:03 pm

Tough loss, but we didn't need a 3 at the end. Let's try to get closer to the basket. Sigh.
jimbo327

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:04 pm

leftymo wrote:

BUT IM PROUD OF OUR GUYS

They've done that in a couple games now... and in reality they've played all the good teams close and lost only by a few points... (that's what ALL inferior teams usually do!)

What the hell are you talking about? At least some inferior teams get blown out by good teams.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Okki on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:04 pm

Luke got [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] on his hands
Okki

Postby leftymo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:05 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
leftymo wrote:

BUT IM PROUD OF OUR GUYS

What the hell are you talking about? At least some inferior teams get blown out by good teams.

Yeah, very true, the Lakers haven't been blown out by anyone (cough-Spurs, Mavericks)
leftymo

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:05 pm

Okki wrote:Luke got [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] on his hands

False.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:07 pm

leftymo wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
leftymo wrote:

BUT IM PROUD OF OUR GUYS

Yeah, very true, the Lakers haven't been blown out by anyone (cough-Spurs, Mavericks)

Dude, you said that "They played all the good teams close and lost only by a few points...(that's what ALL inferior teams usually do!" That is simply false. Pointing out that the Lakers have been blown out does nothing to help your general claim. If ALL teams usually do it, then point to all the inferior teams and show that, more often than not, they lose close games to good teams. If you can't, you're wrong.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby MarkMadsen on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:07 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:

I didn't see that. I saw everyone reaching for the ball, but the first bobble by Luke was just because of the momentum on the ball. It was coming off the backboard hard.

lol scott padget wasnt even in the game. :man12:
MarkMadsen

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:08 pm

leftymo, the Lakers outplay teams in the 4th. Even with the Spurs game, they outplayed them in the 4th.

But great teams are seperated from average ones with making plays down the stretch. Houston did, Lakers fell just short. Gotta be proud of these guys. ESPECIALLY without one of the league's premier clutch players, Kobe Bryant.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby UCLAbadfish on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:10 pm

leftymo wrote:
Karl11-Caron1 wrote:who else thought that that foul odom had on sura when we were up 3 was not a foul?? didnt it seem like sura kneed it outta bounds then the refs called a foul? :disagree:

1. The ball went off Odom's knee
2. The call was legit, it was blocking.

you're half right. blocking my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. sura was way out of control.
UCLAbadfish

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday