Sun. 2/06 @ Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:11 pm

We lucked out on the jump ball, and I agree, the blocking call was legit. The foul that angered me was that one on Yao. That was NOT a foul. Yao lost the ball in midturn... but it's all said and done now.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Sunny on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:12 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
Sunny wrote:Walton was pushed by Scott Paget makking him lose the rebound out of bounds...Walton should be at the line to shoot two FT's with 1 second left. Scott literally just pushed him, not even going for the ball, right in front of the ref.

I didn't see that. I saw everyone reaching for the ball, but the first bobble by Luke was just because of the momentum on the ball. It was coming off the backboard hard.

lol scott padget wasnt even in the game. :man12:

Well, its the other white stiff that was in then.. lol I'm pretty sure though that I saw Padget push him. I'll look at the replay. (I may also be bitter at the loss, lol)
Sunny

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:12 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:We lucked out on the jump ball, and I agree, the blocking call was legit. The foul that angered me was that one on Yao. That was NOT a foul. Yao lost the ball in midturn... but it's all said and done now.

can someone clarify: there were 2 guys there with their hands up....and yao turns....is that a foul?? i mean the refs called it...and all he did was turn
Karl11-Caron1

Postby hZm on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:13 pm

If the Eagles dont win today then watch out, hZm is gonna go on a rampage. :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
hZm

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:15 pm

grego wrote:
Sunny wrote:Walton was pushed by Scott Paget makking him lose the rebound out of bounds...Walton should be at the line to shoot two FT's with 1 second left. Scott literally just pushed him, not even going for the ball, right in front of the ref.

The ball was up for grabs. The only reason Luke didn't get the ball was because it came off the board quickly. If he came off slower, he would have had the ball. He just couldnt' get both hands on it.

Luke cannot catch..and im mad i say we make a thread where we just make fun of him all day :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Lakerfan36

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:16 pm

grego wrote:

The ball was up for grabs. The only reason Luke didn't get the ball was because it came off the board quickly. If he came off slower, he would have had the ball. He just couldnt' get both hands on it.

The idiot cannot catch the ball..i say we make a thread where we just make fun of him all day :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Last edited by Lakerfan36 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakerfan36

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:16 pm

everyone seems to be yelling at cook cuz he missed or was in the game during crunch time....he took a good shto, it was just a little short...if he had made it, he'd probably be praised like a king for days

what im mad about is the stupid fouls that were called after we took the 3 pt lead... :bang:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Lateralus on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:18 pm

Karl11-Caron1 wrote:everyone seems to be yelling at cook cuz he missed or was in the game during crunch time....he took a good shto, it was just a little short...if he had made it, he'd probably be praised like a king for days

what im mad about is the stupid fouls that were called after we took the 3 pt lead... :bang:

Haha, that isn't great logic... Of course we'd be praising him if he made it... BUT HE DIDN'T, that's why we're pissed at him. It's pretty simple actually.

If you make shots you'll be praised.
If you miss shots you'll be flamed.
Lateralus

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:20 pm

kingprince22 wrote:kobe will play on this game....kp22 guarantee :jam2:

oh well..... :man10: :man6:

Postby leftymo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:30 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
leftymo wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
leftymo wrote:
GuRu wrote:Its a tough loss

BUT IM PROUD OF OUR GUYS

great comeback, great posie, great 2nd half, ecspecially great 4th quarter. Just fell short

They've done that in a couple games now... and in reality they've played all the good teams close and lost only by a few points... (that's what ALL inferior teams usually do!)

What the hell are you talking about? At least some inferior teams get blown out by good teams.

Yeah, very true, the Lakers haven't been blown out by anyone (cough-Spurs, Mavericks)

Dude, you said that "They played all the good teams close and lost only by a few points...(that's what ALL inferior teams usually do!" That is simply false. Pointing out that the Lakers have been blown out does nothing to help your general claim. If ALL teams usually do it, then point to all the inferior teams and show that, more often than not, they lose close games to good teams. If you can't, you're wrong.

As Vader once said, "i have you now"

I'm already looking up the evidence buddy... i guess you just started watching basketball? The Lakers have played BUT LOST to a lot of the good or better teams in the NBA. They've ALSO been blown out by these teams occasionally.

You want proof of other INFERIOR teams losing but playing teams close? Ha ha ha, here comes a plethora of a list... stop me when you're done arguing a false claim.

You stated that inferior teams do occasionally get blown out too, well the Lakers have done that also!

Miami 99 ATL 93 (pretty close don't you think?)
Detroit 72 ATL 88 (in detroit, i'm starting with ATL, and will work my way down)
ATL 113 DAL 100
Sac 100 ATL 97
Bos 102 Sea 83
Cleveland 98 Bost 96
Miami 106 Bost 104
Bost 94 Houston 97
Bost 103 Minn 100
Char 116 Det 117
Char 99 Dallas 105
GS 98 Dallas 101
GS 111 Dallas 107
GS 98 Sac 94
GS 85 Seattle 88
LAC 96 Det 99
LAC 99 Seattle 104
LAC 114 Miami 112
LAC 95 Sac 99
LAC 83 Sac 89
LAC 79 SA 80
LAC 97 Dal 87
NJ 107 Det 85
NO 121 Sac 117
Tor 97 Sea 98
Tor 96 SA 91
Tor 94 Mia 92
Tor 96 Sac 93

I'm sure there's more, but here are CLEAR examples of inferior teams losing "closely" to superior ones. But I decided to show examples of inferior teams ACTUALLY BEATING superior teams. The Lakers are 0-6 this year against the top 6 teams AT Home... I haven't looked it up but I'm pretty sure they have 1 WIN against a top 6 team ALL YEAR!

I'm done w/ ya...
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby leftymo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:34 pm

UCLAbadfish wrote:
leftymo wrote:
Karl11-Caron1 wrote:who else thought that that foul odom had on sura when we were up 3 was not a foul?? didnt it seem like sura kneed it outta bounds then the refs called a foul? :disagree:

and urgghhh luke would've had the game winner :bang:

1. The ball went off Odom's knee
2. The call was legit, it was blocking.

you're half right. blocking my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. sura was way out of control.

As a former EMPLOYED basketball official, I can assure you that Lamar Odom never established defensive position, and therefore he blocked Sura from penetration.

it's a textbook blocking call all the way. The NBA unfortunately calls charge far too frequently and actually is NOT a guideline for aspiring referee's.
leftymo

Postby UCLAbadfish on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:45 pm

sura was falling down.
UCLAbadfish

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:44 pm

leftymo wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
leftymo wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:
leftymo wrote:
GuRu wrote:Its a tough loss

BUT IM PROUD OF OUR GUYS

great comeback, great posie, great 2nd half, ecspecially great 4th quarter. Just fell short

They've done that in a couple games now... and in reality they've played all the good teams close and lost only by a few points... (that's what ALL inferior teams usually do!)

What the hell are you talking about? At least some inferior teams get blown out by good teams.

Yeah, very true, the Lakers haven't been blown out by anyone (cough-Spurs, Mavericks)

Dude, you said that "They played all the good teams close and lost only by a few points...(that's what ALL inferior teams usually do!" That is simply false. Pointing out that the Lakers have been blown out does nothing to help your general claim. If ALL teams usually do it, then point to all the inferior teams and show that, more often than not, they lose close games to good teams. If you can't, you're wrong.

As Vader once said, "i have you now"

I'm already looking up the evidence buddy... i guess you just started watching basketball? The Lakers have played BUT LOST to a lot of the good or better teams in the NBA. They've ALSO been blown out by these teams occasionally.

You want proof of other INFERIOR teams losing but playing teams close? Ha ha ha, here comes a plethora of a list... stop me when you're done arguing a false claim.

You stated that inferior teams do occasionally get blown out too, well the Lakers have done that also!

Miami 99 ATL 93 (pretty close don't you think?)
Detroit 72 ATL 88 (in detroit, i'm starting with ATL, and will work my way down)
ATL 113 DAL 100
Sac 100 ATL 97
Bos 102 Sea 83
Cleveland 98 Bost 96
Miami 106 Bost 104
Bost 94 Houston 97
Bost 103 Minn 100
Char 116 Det 117
Char 99 Dallas 105
GS 98 Dallas 101
GS 111 Dallas 107
GS 98 Sac 94
GS 85 Seattle 88
LAC 96 Det 99
LAC 99 Seattle 104
LAC 114 Miami 112
LAC 95 Sac 99
LAC 83 Sac 89
LAC 79 SA 80
LAC 97 Dal 87
NJ 107 Det 85
NO 121 Sac 117
Tor 97 Sea 98
Tor 96 SA 91
Tor 94 Mia 92
Tor 96 Sac 93

I'm sure there's more, but here are CLEAR examples of inferior teams losing "closely" to superior ones. But I decided to show examples of inferior teams ACTUALLY BEATING superior teams. The Lakers are 0-6 this year against the top 6 teams AT Home... I haven't looked it up but I'm pretty sure they have 1 WIN against a top 6 team ALL YEAR!

I'm done w/ ya...

You do realize that what you've posted there isn't enough to support what you're claiming? You are saying that ALL (you put the caps) inferior teams lose game to good teams in close games. You haven't showed jack. If you are incapable of reading your own post, that's fine. If you're just stupid, that's fine, too. If you would like to change your claim, that's fine as well. Finally, if you'd like to prove your point (which you're far from doing), you'll need to look up every team that you think is inferior, look up all of their games wherein they played good teams, and then show that in more than half of them, the inferior team played close (but lost). That was your ridiculous claim, you moron.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:55 pm

0-1 on 5 road trip so far....good game though

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby GuRu on Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:10 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:0-1 on 5 road trip so far....good game though

remember your ignorant warm up the bus comment earlier in the 3rd quarter? Makes you feel kinda stupid now huh? Now that the bus is all warmed up and on the road, might i suggest you go play in traffic :man9:

ImageImageImage
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby mihmrulz on Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:39 pm

I gotta give the guys credit though,they came back and really played well,just fell short.Sucked about Mihm's foul trouble(again) but a few of those calls on him(as w/ a few others on us) were way off.Oh well.GO LAKERS!
mihmrulz

Postby lakerfool on Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:42 pm

So, I thought Yao sucks?
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby KB24 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:09 pm

Neener wrote:Well, Cook had a great look, it almost went down.
How could the bleep take a three when we need a 2? :mad1:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:10 pm

auris wrote:What??? We had had 15 seconds and final shot was given to who? Cook??? Damn...
:man10:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:14 pm

Well it was our game to lose in the final minute but I can still say we lost honorable. We came back after 16 points back in the 4th quarter but I would rather have the guys playing at the beginning in the game with the same intensity. Cook should have given it to Butler or Odom for a drive in the closing seconds instead to shoot from downtown but there is 2 much IQ needed for Cook to realize when you are back by one you have to drive instead of shoot from the parking.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Neener on Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:19 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:
Neener wrote:Well, Cook had a great look, it almost went down.
How could the bleep take a three when we need a 2? :mad1:

It was a wide open 3 for a 3 point shooter, you can't ask for much more. It just didn't go down.
Neener

Postby magicmoment on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:26 pm

actually i was quite impressed with this game, considering that most of our players were having an off game. we really werent playing well at all. the rockets had a STEAL fest! we were lucky that we were only down by 15!! the lakers, again [like the spurs game] made a really great comback in the 4th quarter.. which i really enjoyed :jam2: .. it was just too bad that cookie's shot didnt go.. it was really close though! i thought we were gonna win.. cookie's shot rattled in and out! it was quite upsetting but it was a good game!! it's really just too bad that we didnt get the W..

oh, and it was nice to see Kobe doing a little coaching and pumping up his team mates :bow: :man12: ... we need u back kobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good job lakers!
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby leftymo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:46 pm

UCLAbadfish wrote:sura was falling down.

Then maybe a no call, but it wasn't an offensive foul...that's for sure.
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:57 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:You do realize that what you've posted there isn't enough to support what you're claiming? You are saying that ALL (you put the caps) inferior teams lose game to good teams in close games. You haven't showed jack. If you are incapable of reading your own post, that's fine. If you're just stupid, that's fine, too. If you would like to change your claim, that's fine as well. Finally, if you'd like to prove your point (which you're far from doing), you'll need to look up every team that you think is inferior, look up all of their games wherein they played good teams, and then show that in more than half of them, the inferior team played close (but lost). That was your ridiculous claim, you moron.

There's a nice misquote. I said they USUALLY lose close games to superior teams. First, do you have the NBA League Pass? Are you watching games from across the country night in and night out? Secondly, have you tracked the playoff history for the last 15 years, and the teams that have successfully advanced through to the playoffs and who have prevailed in those games?

Furthermore, I just showed you examples of INFERIOR teams LOSING close games to Superior ones. Now my distinction was that these teams were CLEARLY Inferior compared to the CLEARLY superior ones. Furthermore, this does NOT take into account games that were close throughout and then trailed. If you've watched ANY basketball in your life, you'll know its a game of runs, and that for long stretches teams can look quite even.

What separates the good ones from the bad, is that GOOD teams know how to pull out victories, they MORE OFTEN THAN NOT beat the INFERIOR teams, MORON. You have no knowledge of this, which is why your counterargument was... oh i'm sorry, you didn't provide one.

More often than not, the teams that LOSE games aren't good enough. The lakers coming back in these last two games showed heart, but not skill. They weren't the better team, b/c otherwise they would've won these games. There's a reason why the ELITE teams have pulled out more games than lost... b/c down the stretch when you are the better team, in a game of runs, you'll find a way to beat them. Take a look at the average margin of victory... Are the Spurs the only team with a 11 pt differential, and furthermore isn't that amongst the ELITE of ALL TIME?

I take it you never actually study the NBA you just follow it blindly... that's ok, but insulting my intelligence is the funniest thing I've heard. This is evidence based argument, and you've firing with blanks.

:man7:
leftymo

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:46 am

Lateralus wrote:
Karl11-Caron1 wrote:everyone seems to be yelling at cook cuz he missed or was in the game during crunch time....he took a good shto, it was just a little short...if he had made it, he'd probably be praised like a king for days

Haha, that isn't great logic... Of course we'd be praising him if he made it... BUT HE DIDN'T, that's why we're pissed at him. It's pretty simple actually.

If you make shots you'll be praised.
If you miss shots you'll be flamed.

ok then its not great logic..if u think so....but how is it logical to flame everyone if they miss shots? i dont see u yelling at every player on the ferakin roster...i dont think theres a guy out there than can shoot 100% day in day out...im sorry but that kind of logical doesn't seem so logical....

all im saying is that we need to stop flaming cook, wat was he supposed to do? giv eup the open 3, take a step in so he can get CLOSER to the defender...especially since hes a SPOT UP SHOOTER?? yes i wud have never thought he would be the guy whod take the shot....but odom passed it to him, and if that was a lot of other players they would have taken that shot too...he was open, it was a good look but it didnt fall...

i dunno who we were against, but the 1st quarter was about to end, kobe had the ball was doubled passed it to cook, cook passed it to someone else cuz he didnt wanna take the shot...and the clock ran out and we didnt get a shot up....kobe told him some stuff...and near the end of the 2nd, same thing happened, cept cook took the 3 and made it...

so now we're yelling at him for following kobe's orders? or being aggressive? hmm....
Karl11-Caron1

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday