Sun. 2/06 @ Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby magicmoment on Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:52 am

hey, it happens.. a game winning shot isnt easy to make coz all the pressure is on YOU.. and only you coz u have the ball... cook isnt the only one who missed a game winner... thats just the way it is.. you gain sum, yah loose sum.
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby kobe6962 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:58 am

I just got in right now and didnt see the game was at a SB party. So I popped the tape in and watched it.. I am proud of the way they played and no need to flame cook.. It was just like the shot Horry missed in 03 it went in and it went out.. That was a tough loss and very heartbreaking but they showed great poise.. Even though they lost and I loved Kobe giving the guys support.. If they play like this then they can steal some games on this trip.. Lets keep the faith guys go Lakers!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby Furious D on Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:21 am

I too missed the game but I caught the replay on ESPN. Damn they almost had it. You cant blame Cook for taking that shot. He was aware of the clock and knew he had to put it up. He actually had a good look at it. Other than that it was great effort by our guys. Props to them and Hamblen for almost pulling it off and making it a respectable score.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby KB24 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:02 am

WTF happend to Chuckys ball handling and passing. Since Kobe is out he produces 5TO games down the stretch. He had 6 tonight. Well you can´t win games with 21 TOs and 3 steals and 2 blocks. :man2:
One question? People are proud that we make those 4th quarter efforts after beeing raped in the first 3 quarters. Does it make a difference if you suck in the first second third or fourth quarter? I mean you could say they didn´t give up but I´m sick of those situations to have the opportunity to give up or make a 20 point comeback. Why are these guys and on defense girls not play hard from the beginning of the game. I really feel we could have EASILY won 5-10 more games if we could stay focused in 3 quarters. We have always 1-2 great quarters and one quarter at least were we play worse than a college team. I don´t know what the reason is. Its hopefully and sure not conditioning but We just can´t stay focused a whole game. At least we know they have something in them that they try to comeback after beeing blown out. Its nice to see but otherwise people ask themselves why can´t they play always so hard. To be that focused for 4 quarters is tough but at least in 2-3 quarters.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:02 am

WTF happend to Chuckys ball handling and passing. Since Kobe is out he produces 5TO games down the stretch. He had 6 tonight. Well you can´t win games with 21 TOs and 3 steals and 2 blocks. :man2:
One question? People are proud that we make those 4th quarter efforts after beeing raped in the first 3 quarters. Does it make a difference if you suck in the first second third or fourth quarter? I mean you could say they didn´t give up but I´m sick of those situations to have the opportunity to give up or make a 20 point comeback. Why are these guys and on defense girls not play hard from the beginning of the game. I really feel we could have EASILY won 5-10 more games if we could stay focused in 3 quarters. We have always 1-2 great quarters and one quarter at least were we play worse than a college team. I don´t know what the reason is. Its hopefully and sure not conditioning but We just can´t stay focused a whole game. At least we know they have something in them that they try to comeback after beeing blown out. Its nice to see but otherwise people ask themselves why can´t they play always so hard. To be that focused for 4 quarters is tough but at least in 2-3 quarters.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby leftymo on Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:24 am

I think I lot of Laker fans are showing some praise over the last two defeats against San Antonio & Houston.

Both games the Lakers were outplayed for most of the game, and then had one late run to make it close but still lose.

For the short term I can assure you these losses will be the difference between making and missing the playoffs. So for this year, there's NO positive in these games, none, in fact, it brings the team closer to the lottery.

But for the long term, the team is learning on losing. Teams have to learn how to lose before they learn how to win games. These close games down the stretch, they are a young team that doesn't know how to pull it out. So most often the better more successful and more experienced team will find ways to win those games. So in a couple years, the Lakers will have learned how to pull these kind of games out. Of course some of the guys learning it right now, won't be on the team in 2-3 years.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby kobe6962 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:54 am

leftymo wrote:I think I lot of Laker fans are showing some praise over the last two defeats against San Antonio & Houston.

Both games the Lakers were outplayed for most of the game, and then had one late run to make it close but still lose.

For the short term I can assure you these losses will be the difference between making and missing the playoffs. So for this year, there's NO positive in these games, none, in fact, it brings the team closer to the lottery.

But for the long term, the team is learning on losing. Teams have to learn how to lose before they learn how to win games. These close games down the stretch, they are a young team that doesn't know how to pull it out. So most often the better more successful and more experienced team will find ways to win those games. So in a couple years, the Lakers will have learned how to pull these kind of games out. Of course some of the guys learning it right now, won't be on the team in 2-3 years.

Oh I hear you on that Leftymo.. I am not saying its 100% positive but if they wouldnt play bad for 1-3 quarters then they wouldnt be in this should of could of mode... Its games like this that may keep the Lakers out the playoffs.. Games like this the elite teams find ways to win down the stretch well not the Lakers.. We lose games that we should be winning and this is another one when I watched it last night that tore my heart out. I am proud at the way they came back in the fourth but they didnt put it together for three straight quarters.. That is what killed me and if the Lakers are a lottery team that will no doubt piss me off because I think its unacceptable!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby KB24 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:01 pm

leftymo wrote:I think I lot of Laker fans are showing some praise over the last two defeats against San Antonio & Houston.

absolutely but the answer has been there :man6: right on the bench. Its the Kobe killer instinct that they missed. Kobe would have made a tough fade away jumper over Yao to steal the game. I think we are a hell of a clutch team WITH Kobe. I have seen many improvements in the last 10 games. Finally more and more Lamar takes responsibility and has strong performences toward the end of the game. I hope he can balance it a bit and have 3 solid and a great quarter. DONT FORGET GUYS
THE MORE YOU DO, THE MORE YOU CAN DO Lets hope we can find a way to win tough games.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby GuRu on Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:32 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:WTF happend to Chuckys ball handling and passing. Since Kobe is out he produces 5TO games down the stretch. He had 6 tonight. Well you can´t win games with 21 TOs and 3 steals and 2 blocks. :man2:

Do you ever enjoy watching the lakers?
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby trodgers on Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:33 pm

leftymo wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:You do realize that what you've posted there isn't enough to support what you're claiming? You are saying that ALL (you put the caps) inferior teams lose game to good teams in close games. You haven't showed jack. If you are incapable of reading your own post, that's fine. If you're just stupid, that's fine, too. If you would like to change your claim, that's fine as well. Finally, if you'd like to prove your point (which you're far from doing), you'll need to look up every team that you think is inferior, look up all of their games wherein they played good teams, and then show that in more than half of them, the inferior team played close (but lost). That was your ridiculous claim, you moron.

There's a nice misquote. I said they USUALLY lose close games to superior teams. First, do you have the NBA League Pass? Are you watching games from across the country night in and night out? Secondly, have you tracked the playoff history for the last 15 years, and the teams that have successfully advanced through to the playoffs and who have prevailed in those games?

Again, I quoted precisely what you wrote. Here it is: "They've done that in a couple games now... and in reality they've played all the good teams close and lost only by a few points... (that's what ALL inferior teams usually do!)" Doesn't that say that ALL inferior teams USUALLY lose close games to the good teams? If so, then prove that for all teams that are inferior (not just a handful), the inferior team plays good teams close but loses in more than half of the game (I take it this is a fair interpretation of the "usually" in your statement). Insulting my understanding of logic is hilarious, as I teach it at Texas Tech.
trodgers
Site Manager

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday