Sun. 12/18 vs. Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby KB24 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:35 pm

ya guys we didn´t lose because of Lamar or Mihm or anyone. We sucked collectively. Everybody. Kobe took only 13 shots against a crappy Wesley. Lamar was terrible, Mihm was. Nobody could hit a shot to save his life. We broke down as a team. Its not like they made big plays. When you allow a team without Alston, Sura, Berry, Ming close a quarter with 25-5 in your town your team has sucked hard. period


Terrible game, terrible effort. Would Kobe defend his man then Wesley wouldn´t have made that 3 to extend the lead to 5. Houston missed down the stretch and NOBODY took it inside. All they did was running the clock down and take an ill-advised 3. It was terrible ball movement and terrible teamplay. We lost a 100% MUST MUST MUST WIN game. It hurts but donb´t forget that our team doesn´t have consistency. This things will happen. Now I´m afraid of Dallas. :scurred:


You can always find mistakes BY EVERYONE. Gump took dumb 3s. Smush plays the ball to Kwame 20 feet away from the basket and 4 seconds on the clock? what do you expect? Gump then airballed the 3. Kobe with some sickening shots toward the end but he didn´t do anything on either end of the floor. Kwame couldn´t hit a FT. Where was Lamar? 28 minutes? Totaly away from the game. Mihm did almost nothing, same as Cook. so you see you can find 1000 mistakes.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby GCMD on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:36 pm

nameant wrote:
GameCockMD wrote:
nameant wrote:quit tossing around blame. if you want to blame someone...blame yourselves. i'm telling you......KARMA.


Karma???


Someone had to win and someone had to lose...


There are just as many people on the Houston Boards talking smack about Kobe...


Karma didn't miss that last help asignment...LO did..


ironic tmac hit the game winner huh? all this "T-Wack" talk before the game. "Kobe is going to OWN T-Wack." "T-Wack sucks." :disagree:

i know some1 had to win and some1 had to lose. i'm a believer in karma what can i say? if phil saw this board before the game..he'd probably believe we lost b/c of karma too.


Life isn't about Karma when there is a choice to be made....karma is unexpected and unavoidable...


T-Wac is a name Laker fans call T-Mac...we aren't stalking his girlfriend or making harrassing phone calls...it's a part of being a fan...




Playing help D is a part of playing basketball...



We did our part...LO did not do his...that = LOss
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

Image
User avatar
GCMD

 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:24 pm

Postby I Support #8 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:36 pm

slimjim wrote:i read on the espn message board that kobe was crying on the bench after t-mac made the layup... is that true?


No he wasn't crying, but you could tell he was extremely frustrated by that McGrady shot. As he was sitting down for the timeout you could see him mouth, "Jesus Christ" at the lack of defense.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
User avatar
I Support #8

 
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:22 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby Ring It Up on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:37 pm

I Support #8 wrote:
nameant wrote:KARMA

T-Wack this. T-Wack that. man, shut up...... :disagree:


THANK YOU!!! All that talk against T-Mac and look what happens to us in the end! T-Mac OWNED us on that last play and that one play will override anything else he did or didn't do the entire game leading up to that last play! And I don't care what anyone says.. and I watched the game, not going by what I've read here or what I saw on a box-score site, yeah Odom sucked and Mihm's low contributions all helped in the lost, but the biggest factor in that 3rd quarter run was capped off by those bastards in the striped shirts!! The reason Odom missed those two free throws and got that T was due to him being fouled on both those plays and of course, the refs just standing by watching and not calling a damn thing! And one of those fouls should have been on McGrady which would have been his 5th right there in the 3rd quarter! How ironic is it that just previous to that BS Mihm gets a wack 3-sec in the key call against him and then another weak touch foul all within a minute of the Odom drama! I am so sick of seeing games where the refs take it upon themselves to dictate the momentum and of course once that happens, it's going to throw the winning team off and some of that can be contributed to our final collapse in the third as well!!

So no, I'm not saying the refs are the only reason we lost this game, but they played a MAJOR role in that mess of a 3rd quarter that went down and that's a stat that you won't see by reading commentary or checking out the highlights on tomorrow's SportsCenter! So before everyone starts panicking and creating threads saying Odom sucks and this and that, KNOW THE WHOLE STORY FIRST!!!!


I didnt see a ref giving up a layup to win the game. I did however see Brown and Odom watching T-Mac lay it in. That I did see.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
User avatar
Ring It Up

 
Posts: 9192
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:27 am
Location: Surrounded by damned Mormons

Postby slimjim on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:38 pm

WOW... how did we shoot 35 %?

was it because houston played good defence or because the players simply couldnt hit the open J?

I feel kobes pain... he really wants to win.
User avatar
slimjim

 
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 am

Postby I Support #8 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:38 pm

GameCockMD wrote:
I Support #8 wrote:
nameant wrote:KARMA

T-Wack this. T-Wack that. man, shut up...... :disagree:


THANK YOU!!! All that talk against T-Mac and look what happens to us in the end! T-Mac OWNED us on that last play and that one play will override anything else he did or didn't do the entire game leading up to that last play! And I don't care what anyone says.. and I watched the game, not going by what I've read here or what I saw on a box-score site, yeah Odom sucked and Mihm's low contributions all helped in the lost, but the biggest factor in that 3rd quarter run was capped off by those bastards in the striped shirts!! The reason Odom missed those two free throws and got that T was due to him being fouled on both those plays and of course, the refs just standing by watching and not calling a damn thing! And one of those fouls should have been on McGrady which would have been his 5th right there in the 3rd quarter! How ironic is it that just previous to that BS Mihm gets a wack 3-sec in the key call against him and then another weak touch foul all within a minute of the Odom drama! I am so sick of seeing games where the refs take it upon themselves to dictate the momentum and of course once that happens, it's going to throw the winning team off and some of that can be contributed to our final collapse in the third as well!!

So no, I'm not saying the refs are the only reason we lost this game, but they played a MAJOR role in that mess of a 3rd quarter that went down and that's a stat that you won't see by reading commentary or checking out the highlights on tomorrow's SportsCenter! So before everyone starts panicking and creating threads saying Odom sucks and this and that, KNOW THE WHOLE STORY FIRST!!!!


LO tried to play D on T-Wac...


What happened? The 3rd quarter is what happened...



Stick with him all you want but the guy has the basketball IQ of a 4yr/old...So many BONE-HEAD plays...



But he gets a pass for the next couple of weeks...new baby and all...I can understand why his head wouldn't be in it now...


After re-reading the end of my post, didn't want to make it a "support Odom" post, but that goes for Odom, Mihm, the entire team. I think the officiating during that period affected all of them to some degree. Odom still sucked on his own tonight but wasn't helped out by the refs.
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
User avatar
I Support #8

 
Posts: 742
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:22 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:38 pm

We didnt lose because of Karma or Poor Defense or Kobe. We lost because of LAMAR. ODOM. How can you only shoot 5 times.

and did you see how he tried to contest tmacs shot at the end. it was horrible.

It was Odoms fault.
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby GCMD on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:39 pm

D Nice wrote:
GameCockMD wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:
D Nice wrote:DG Sucks. Make him shoot a jumper...

thats unfair...devean played really hard today.

you cannot make tracy do anything. If he wants to go to the hole, then he will go to the hole.


Very few people can guard T-Wac out 30 feet from the basket...DG did his job without fouling...


Who was the help DEFENDER???


Check the replay...


He was the guy who was supposed to make T-Mac a passer...not DG...
I don't care. You have to be AWARE. With 3 seconds left, 25 feet from the basket, you don't go THAT CLOSE to a player as explosive as T-Mac. T-Mac had a poor shooting night, so it was NO SECRET that he was going to drive. Make him shoot an off the dribble 20+ footer, not a layup at the rim.

DG is the most culpable for thay play...

Couple that with his 100 bricked open 3's

And he is actually sucked and costed us the game MORE than LO




Give T-Wac a wide open shot???

Are you F-ING kidding me!!!!!!!



LO apologists at their fine-est!!!!


Have this argument...it means nothing...you are going to have your way anyway...LO will still make boneheaded plays and I will still complain and you will still defend him...


Nothing will change so this argument is as useless as LO on D....
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

Image
User avatar
GCMD

 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:24 pm

Postby slimjim on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:40 pm

DO not blame the damn refs.... LOL

we shot more FTs than houston... we lost because of the 3rd quarter... WTF happened in the 3rd anyways?
User avatar
slimjim

 
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 am

Postby hZm on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:41 pm

nameant wrote:quit tossing around blame. if you want to blame someone...blame yourselves. i'm telling you......KARMA.


Why would I blame myself for the Lakers losing? :man3: :man3: :man3:
User avatar
hZm

 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Tarzana, California

Postby slimjim on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:42 pm

This loss really hurts... worse loss of the season..

kobe played his butt off.... (still managed to get 6 assist while the team shot 35%, he should of easily gotten 10 assist)

why was kobe not guarding t-mac for the last play?
User avatar
slimjim

 
Posts: 8688
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 am

Postby GCMD on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:44 pm

slimjim wrote:DO not blame the damn refs.... LOL

we shot more FTs than houston... we lost because of the 3rd quarter... WTF happened in the 3rd anyways?


LO tried his hand at "D" on T-Wac...


We didn't start coming back til Phil put LO on the bench...the 2nd unit got us bak within striking distance...Kobe came in and gave us a boost...


LO came in and made his only shot of the game but gave up the GW layup to T-Wac in the final seconds with a missed help DEFENSIVE assignment...

DG was guarding T-Wac on the perimeter...T-Wac drove toward the bsket...instead of making T-wac a passer or pull up, LO did some shadow DEFENDING while letting T-wac hit the Layup in his face...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

Image
User avatar
GCMD

 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:24 pm

Postby D Nice on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:45 pm

GameCockMD wrote:
D Nice wrote:
GameCockMD wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:
D Nice wrote:DG Sucks. Make him shoot a jumper...

thats unfair...devean played really hard today.

you cannot make tracy do anything. If he wants to go to the hole, then he will go to the hole.


Very few people can guard T-Wac out 30 feet from the basket...DG did his job without fouling...


Who was the help DEFENDER???


Check the replay...


He was the guy who was supposed to make T-Mac a passer...not DG...
I don't care. You have to be AWARE. With 3 seconds left, 25 feet from the basket, you don't go THAT CLOSE to a player as explosive as T-Mac. T-Mac had a poor shooting night, so it was NO SECRET that he was going to drive. Make him shoot an off the dribble 20+ footer, not a layup at the rim.

DG is the most culpable for thay play...

Couple that with his 100 bricked open 3's

And he is actually sucked and costed us the game MORE than LO




Give T-Wac a wide open shot???

Are you F-ING kidding me!!!!!!!



LO apologists at their fine-est!!!!


Have this argument...it means nothing...you are going to have your way anyway...LO will still make boneheaded plays and I will still complain and you will still defend him...


Nothing will change so this argument is as useless as LO on D....
I'm hardly a LO Apologist...I'm the one who said trade him for Artest.

And yes, he should have made the rotation...

But that doesn't excuse George for playing bad D. I didn't say give T-Mac an open shot, I just said give him some room and make him shoot an off-the-dribble 20+ footer rather than a chip shot a foot away from the hoop. Tell me, which is a higher percentage shot, especially since T-Mac was having an off shooting night?




Anyway, Karma is right. All this "T-Wack" crap...we just got "T-Smacked!"
User avatar
D Nice

 
Posts: 2427
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chapel Thrill Baby!

Postby Startrex on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:45 pm

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:3 reaons we lost.

1) kobe didn't put kobe on tmac in the end.
2) Phil did force his players ( George, Kobe) to get tmac fouled out.
3) kobe only took 13 shots.

ihe scored 24 on 13 shots , if he took 25 shots we would have won.


Rebuttals:

1. Lakers had no time to switch the defense because Houston didn't take a time out after Kwame's last basket. So, everybody had to stick with his man, including Kobe. If T-mac had not made the shot, you'd all praise DG and Phil's genius instead.

2. Kobe should have 100 assists if all his passes for open shots were made. You just have to count how many misses by supporting casts.

3. Kobe took 13 because he was doubled tripled on the way to the basket and as a result Sasha, George, Parker were wide open for FREE shots.

We lost on D and cold shootings. Simple as that.
Purple and 24K Gold
User avatar
Startrex

 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:25 am

Postby GCMD on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:46 pm

slimjim wrote:This loss really hurts... worse loss of the season..

kobe played his butt off.... (still managed to get 6 assist while the team shot 35%, he should of easily gotten 10 assist)

why was kobe not guarding t-mac for the last play?


B/C DG had played him well the whole game....
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

Image
User avatar
GCMD

 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:24 pm

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:46 pm

hZm wrote:
nameant wrote:quit tossing around blame. if you want to blame someone...blame yourselves. i'm telling you......KARMA.


Why would I blame myself for the Lakers losing? :man3: :man3: :man3:


because we made fun of T-mac. calling him T-wack. so because of Karma. Tmac made the game winner. So he thinks its our fault. which is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. :freak2: :freak2: :freak2: .

Ill tell you whos fault it is. Lamar Odumba$$
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby bumrusherer on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:47 pm

slimjim wrote:i read on the espn message board that kobe was crying on the bench after t-mac made the layup... is that true?

you being serious?
bumrusherer

 
Posts: 9864
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:26 am
Location: Neverland

Postby GCMD on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:49 pm

I have studied Buddhism for 3 years...I'm a devout Christian...


Karma does not include name-calling...if it did, nobody would win because it happens on both sides...


"Karma" is yet another excuse for the lack of basketball IQ and DEFENSE from a guy named Lamar Odom...


That is the truth...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

Image
User avatar
GCMD

 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:24 pm

Postby hZm on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:51 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
hZm wrote:
nameant wrote:quit tossing around blame. if you want to blame someone...blame yourselves. i'm telling you......KARMA.


Why would I blame myself for the Lakers losing? :man3: :man3: :man3:


because we made fun of T-mac. calling him T-wack. so because of Karma. Tmac made the game winner. So he thinks its our fault. which is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. :freak2: :freak2: :freak2: .

Ill tell you whos fault it is. Lamar Odumba$$


Maybe they have a computer in the away locker room and during halftime T-Wack came to check out Gameday. :mhihi:
Last edited by hZm on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
hZm

 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Tarzana, California

Postby GCMD on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:51 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
hZm wrote:
nameant wrote:quit tossing around blame. if you want to blame someone...blame yourselves. i'm telling you......KARMA.


Why would I blame myself for the Lakers losing? :man3: :man3: :man3:


because we made fun of T-mac. calling him T-wack. so because of Karma. Tmac made the game winner. So he thinks its our fault. which is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. :freak2: :freak2: :freak2: .

Ill tell you whos fault it is. Lamar Odumba$$


Stupid is the incorrect word...


Ignorant is the right term...


He's throwing around words that he has no concept of and he's taking another person's beliefs very lightly in the process...


Like I said, ignorant of the facts...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

Image
User avatar
GCMD

 
Posts: 11124
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:24 pm

Postby mulisha on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:53 pm

It was only a matter of time there would be a letdown. IMO the worst thing to happen was Yao not playing allowing the Lakers to play lazy. Bad loss but now it's time for them to bounce back against the Mavs. Remember. teams like the Spurs lose games like this also (see loss to Hawks). What determines the quality of team is their response.
mulisha

 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:16 am

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:55 pm

GameCockMD wrote:I have studied Buddhism for 3 years...I'm a devout Christian...


Karma does not include name-calling...if it did, nobody would win because it happens on both sides...


"Karma" is yet another excuse for the lack of basketball IQ and DEFENSE from a guy named Lamar Odom...


That is the truth...


:bow: :bow: :bow: thank you

we lost because of odom.

:lock: end of story. lets lock this one up
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby Startrex on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:59 pm

Maybe this is a good game to send a message to Pacers to not consider any one of our players for Artest. :man9:

Seriously, were Odom (particularly) and Mihm and some others affected by the hot trade rumor? Maybe yes, maybe not. But please dont tell me they were not affected at all.

Sh1t happened. Even Spurs and Nuggets lost to much inferior teams.
We just had a baaaaaaad shooting night and matador D.

Let's move on.
Purple and 24K Gold
User avatar
Startrex

 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:25 am

Postby Kobe#2 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:27 am

I Support #8 wrote:
slimjim wrote:i read on the espn message board that kobe was crying on the bench after t-mac made the layup... is that true?


No he wasn't crying, but you could tell he was extremely frustrated by that McGrady shot. As he was sitting down for the timeout you could see him mouth, "Jesus Christ" at the lack of defense.


I feel so bad for this guy. He is the #1 player on earth. He gives 110% every time he plays. He plays with heart, determination, strength. Yet, nobody on his team gives him that same effort. He demands perfection, which isn't possible, yet, his teammates don't even seem to care.

All I want is for Kobe to succeed, to put be helped. He has gone through so much in his life, and he is only 27 years old. He doesn't deserve most of what has happened in his life. He is such a strong and mature person. I want nothing more, than for him to succeed, because he deserves success more than anyone else.

With this team, no matter how far up to our potential we play, we will not win it all. We need a better roster, plain and simple. Kobe despite his magnificaent play, cannot lead this team he has to the top, becuase they are just not capable.

Kobe, I feel for ya, homey. Keep doing all you can, hopefully things will get better. You will probably always remain the most underappreciated player of all time, but it will never change my mind. Keep doing your thing, my man.
Kobe#2

 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:53 pm
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:32 am

It was not all Deveans mistake although he and Odom took the entire blame in the press conference and they both wanted to be blamed for the loss. You can get beaten by T-Mac, ish happens.

Kobe also gave up that WIDE WIDE open 3 that Wesley scored. And he scored only 2 FTs in the 4th so he should be upset about himself and his impact in the 4th. He didn´t play well either.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.