Postby SMUnderground on Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:01 pm

lakers need to work on thir 3 pters..

spurs 7-15
lakers 2-12

they dropped 21 pts just on 3 pters..

and as for us..6 pts.
SMUnderground

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:11 pm

in other words, need to work on defensE?
Karl11-Caron1

Postby SMUnderground on Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:12 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:in other words, need to work on defensE?

yea..and work on some 3pt shootings?
SMUnderground

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:23 pm

sure...i guess work on 3 pnt shooting...lakers have never been really good at defending the 3 pnt line..
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:25 pm

i think a problem this game was probably that payton let parker take over the game...parker drives GP lets him thru and shaq has to come up, so def collapes, and shaq fouls, and/or parker passes for an ez layup...blah oh well its the past now
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Guest on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:02 pm

kobe had an off game.....

Postby Shaki on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:05 pm

I think that this lose is very important for us, we needed something like this, to go back to earth and continue with hard work. Of course i would be hapier if we won tonight, but the fact is that the lose is actually better for us...

I am pretty sure that the ring is ours, but it will be a long way full of pain, and games like this will prepare us very well.
Shaki

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:12 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:Typical Lakers whining ...

You get beat by a team that simply outplayed you tonight ... and who had just as many poor calls go against them as the Lakers did, and you decide to whine instead of simply admitting that you got beat today.

Should have known.

I'm still a Lakers fan, but I must agree with TWR on this one. The Spurs played great, they made big shots and their D was better than the Lakers D. The Lakers didn't play well for much of the game, and it cost them. I know what some of you will say, that it's only one regular season game and the Lakers will still be champs, and I agree, but I think the Spurs are the one team that can challenge the Lakers with their D and their championship experience and the Lakers must play better if they want to take the title away from SA. If these teams meet in the playoffs, it'll be a tough series, maybe even harder than a series against the Kings or T-Wolves, and the Lakers better not fool around like they did today. :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby queen_hater on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:14 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:Typical Lakers whining ...

You get beat by a team that simply outplayed you tonight ... and who had just as many poor calls go against them as the Lakers did, and you decide to whine instead of simply admitting that you got beat today.

Should have known.

lakers lost because spurs played better tonight and am man enough to accept that.

this is how a 4 time nba champ gets it done
queen_hater

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:16 pm

kingprince22 wrote:kobe had an off game.....

It wasn't his best game but he did OK and hit some big shots, they just weren't enough. I just wish he would do less one-on-one sometimes, but I guess he took Bowen personally and tried to take it to him. And if Kobe was off, so was the rest of the team. :man5:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:19 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:i think a problem this game was probably that payton let parker take over the game...parker drives GP lets him thru and shaq has to come up, so def collapes, and shaq fouls, and/or parker passes for an ez layup...blah oh well its the past now

Parker shot pretty well, but yeah, I don't know what was up with GP today. He should have done a better D job on TP. I guess today was one of those days when nothing went right for the Lakers. :bang:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:24 pm

jsm0331 wrote:despite the loss, I was very impressed with Kobe. He was acting like the seasoned vet out there. He went to talk to Malone, the oldest Laker, twice, giving him advice. The first time, when he hit him on the back of the head and then told Phil to run a play for him, is when we started our comeback.

That was a great moment. I think Kobe is at least a semi-vet, he's been playing for a couple of years now and has been through a lot and matured quite a bit. One of the few highlights of the game right there. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:30 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:sure...i guess work on 3 pnt shooting...lakers have never been really good at defending the 3 pnt line..

Their D on the 3 was better the last couple of games but today they let the Spurs have wide-open shots from behind the arc. The Lakers D in general was bad, but that was inexcusable. :disagree:
lakerzrule

Postby nosebleedbum on Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:05 pm

Didn't get to see the game How did shaq only get 1 FT for the game? How did Fox get 5 TO in 21 minutes. Someone said he played great D ...on whom???

Both teams shot the same 43%. They kicked our butts on 3's. But we outscored them at the FT. From the numbers it seem to be a case of them having a great 2 quarter and that was the end of that. At least 3 players with significant minutes didn't make a contribution...or did make negative ones- Fisher Fox Devean. Sounds about right. Brickmeisters they are.
nosebleedbum

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:10 pm

nosebleedbum wrote:Didn't get to see the game

It was close for most of the game but the Spurs played better D and made some big shots down the stretch. The Lakers didn't play well today, especially on the defensive end. You were spared a disappointing loss. :mad1:
lakerzrule

Postby Adam on Sun Apr 04, 2004 7:59 pm

The realistic Laker watched this game, here's my take. First off, both teams played well, The Spurs knocked down ALL thier open looks and LA showed a lot of fight but it came down to one thing, DEFENSE. We've improved, but San Anotnio has played great defense all year long regardless of what struggles they've dealt with.

We couldn't get to the basket or the line when we needed to. When we got "key stops" on the defensive end we couldn't convert because The Spurs put pressure on us. I didn't like it but we have more work to do defensively. I'm hoping this adjustment come to us as all of my other wishes for this team have so far this year.

This loss hurts but we're an alright ballclub. The Spurs are the CHAMPS, the needed to make a statement, like it or not we're CONTENDERS. We can't rely on the fact that we won 3 2 years ago to get us past these teams in the West. Regroup, refocus, and we'll be fine.

The realistic Laker

Adam
Adam

Postby Kasumi on Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:11 pm

/\/\/\/\ Good posting!

I agree completely. It really came down to defense, the Spurs had it and the Lakers didn't. Even when the Spurs offense stalled, they were playing D. The Lakers had a couple possession where they played defense VERY well, but then it all went away again. I remember one where Tim was holding the ball for like 15 seconds because no one could get open to take the ball, then Tony got it and threw an airball. Flashes of brilliance.
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Guest on Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:21 pm

Agreed as well.
A good thoughtful post by Adam.

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:34 am

Adam wrote:we have more work to do defensively.

Well said, Adam. :man7: And I keep telling you that you're a realister Lakers FAN, but oh well, maybe you want to play for the team. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby futurefelonKobe on Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:46 pm

An impressive win by the Spurs indeed. I think this was their way of reminding everyone around the league who the defending champs are. They've gotten no respect at all this season because of all the talk about the Lakers, Wolves, and Kings. But now, they've sent a message and that message is they're a force to be reckoned with come playoff time.
futurefelonKobe

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:07 pm

futurefelonKobe wrote:But now, they've sent a message and that message is they're a force to be reckoned with come playoff time.

We'll see. BTW, nice avatar, NOT! I bet that took a lot of creativity to make. :man10:
lakerzrule

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday