Sun. 12/21 vs. Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby I Support #8 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:13 pm

Interesting note:

Every Laker has scored except for Pargo.

107 Lakers
101 Suns

Payton makes 2 of 2 free throws.
I Support #8

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:13 pm

No, he's exploiting false weaknesses of ours that will misguide our other teams' scouts for the playoffs.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:14 pm

Marbury makes the shot, Payton is fouled and makes both free throws

Lakers 107
Suns 101

8.1 left
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:14 pm

Pargo hasn't played though.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:14 pm

Lakers 107
Suns 101

Final

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby I Support #8 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:18 pm

Yah!!!!!!

20-5!!!!!! :jam2:
I Support #8

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:19 pm

stat line:
George-19 points & 9 rebounds
Payton-19 points & 7 assists
Shaq-18 points, 18 rebounds, 5 turnovers, and 4 assists
Russell-14 points
Fisher-11 points
Kobe 10 points & 6 rebounds
Walton-5 points
Slava-4 points
Malone-3 points, before having to leave the game with an injury
Grant & Rush-each with 2 points
Pargo-DNP
JSM

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:21 pm

Payton did not get it done on defense, he allowed Marbury to have 31 points, 11 assists, and 6 rebounds :man5:
JSM

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:21 pm

It's not like Fisher's defense helped either.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby wongy on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:22 pm

:man13: Now that's what you call well balanced scoring!! Everyone picked it up after Mailman went down.. I would have much rather lost the game than the Mailman... Get better soon Mailman!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: WE DESPERATELY NEED YOU!!! :bow: :bow:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:29 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Payton did not get it done on defense, he allowed Marbury to have 31 points, 11 assists, and 6 rebounds :man5:

NO--jsm, you got it all wrong, Payton did play D at Marbury, but it was just the Jake Voskuhl screens that were interfering with him--at that point another Laker who's guarding another nearby player should run at Marbury and interfere with his shot--although he might still make it, you know that guy was really at a zone tonight--but we should have better rotational D, I noticed, all Phoenix did was drive-and-kick and we hardly put a hand up there....and that's how some of their guys made shots, we need to rotate better and not get lost at D...Shaq looks a little lackluster making layups over defenders and not only that, it seems like Marbury and Joe Johnson can score over him so we need more guys to cover up Marbury....I'd give Penny Hardaway, Joe Johnson and Marion more of an open look than Marbury. But anyway, Payton actually tried his best but Marbury's just too good--of course, watching the game from skyview at TV the defense just looked awful--I swear.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:32 pm

I was streaming the game and on the post-game show they said the prelimanary X-rays were negative on Karl knee
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:46 pm

this game seems $hitty. kobe only 10 pts?
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby wongy on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:49 pm

:bow: THANKS FOR THE GREAT NEWS MURCIELAGO!! What a relief!! :man4:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby soniclude on Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:13 pm

Gotta give it up for Walton and his smart playing... racked up 5 points and 3 assists in 7 min, right when we needed some good ball movement for a stagnant offense.

Throw him in the highlight clips! :mhihi:
ImageImage
soniclude

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:42 pm

soniclude wrote:Gotta give it up for Walton and his smart playing... racked up 5 points and 3 assists in 7 min, right when we needed some good ball movement for a stagnant offense.

Throw him in the highlight clips! :mhihi:

He's there, I'm putting them up later tonight-- he had a nice pass to Devean and worked out a play to Shaq-- you'll be seeing both of em on my Daily Highlights. :man1:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:53 pm

Speaking of my Daily Highlights...

Here they are for this Lakers-Suns game: http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=84127#84127

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:27 am

Marbury was killa tonight, he kept Phoenix in the game, but Walton was da man, he made two nifty passes and got 2 and the foul! :jam2: Glad we won, too bad Karl got injured. :bang:
lakerzrule

Postby BDG on Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:36 am

I'm so glad Walton finally got some PT in crucial moments. What a way to step up-- he'll make an EXCELLENT role player and who knows he could even break out and be a star.

One thing's for sure though: he makes his teammates better on the floor and has GREAT court vision.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:21 am

player of tha game goes to LUKE WALTON...i mean this guy simply TOOK OVER in tha clutch moments of tha game! kobe was definitely not lookin to save tha lakers this time cuz his coach and teammates were mad at him for takin forced shots in tha game against denver, and walton made BIG plays down tha stretch...man how are we gonna fit fox in when he comes back? george russell and walton are all playin DAMN good...man lets jus hope we dont bench george, hes playin SO good right now...

im happy that marbury did good, he was on my fantasy team! haha and yea all tha suns do is pick and roll and drive and kick....and marbury averages almost 30 pts and 9 assists against us anyway....so u know hes gonna get his...

as for tha mailman, my heart sank when i heard he will NOT return cuz how RARE is taht for him not to return? well we got tha win and HOPEFULLY mailman will be back by atleast christmas or even tommorow against GS woudl be good, but i really want him to play against houston, cuz im goin to my FIRST laker game of tha season, and ih ave yet to see tha FAB FOUR LIVE, and ive been DYING to see a laker game this season(i saw a preseason game against tha suns, shaq and kobe didnt play tho)...

all in all, good game, let our lead slip once again, but regained our composure and made some BIG PLAYS down tha stretch thanx to WALTON...
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:49 pm

Ok guys, gotta do this real quick...

+ Luke Walton -- He played excellent in the clutch. It's not to hurtful at all to keep an extremly smart passer on the court in crunch time for us. He played well and was a major difference in the game near the end.

- Karl Malone -- He's hurt? Did I hear this wrong? Nah three days minimum, 2 months maximum. His inhuman body will carry him through this injury. Keep your heads up fellas, the mail man will deliver soon enough!

:jam2:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday