6:30 pm
TV: FSN, NBATV
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031221/PHOLAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031221/PHOLAL/boxscore.html

Suns - 101
Lakers - 107

Malone Injured, Lakers Win
Karl Malone sprained his right knee in the first quarter and missed the rest of the game, but the Lakers defeated the Suns, 107-101 on Sunday. X-rays didn't reveal any damage, but Malone will miss at least three games. Shaquille O'Neal led Los Angeles with 18 points and 18 rebounds and Gary Payton and Devean George both scored 19.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Re: Sun. Dec 21 - Lakers vs. Suns - Predictions/Comments

Postby @ on Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:01 am

GO LAKERS :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

LAKERS 23512345134632146

SUNS 2

EVVIVA GLI ALLAGATORI !!!!!!!!!! :jam2: (from Robusha)

WE'VE GOT TO WIN THIS [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] GAME AFTER THE KOBE'S BUZZER !!! :jam2: :jam2:
@

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:36 pm

I say:

Lakers: 92

Suns: 83

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:22 pm

Lakers will pull away in the 3rd, and hold a small lead throughout the 4th for the win.

Lakers will defeat the Suns tommorow!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby G-Slinger on Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:30 pm

Lakers will win. I have a question though, on the Nike site it shows Kobe wearing different shoes, instead of the Hurarche's. I was just wondering if anyone heard, and if he was going to start wearing to different shoes starting tomarrow against the Suns?
Kobe Bryant is better then Michael Jordan.

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:32 pm

He wore them one game this year, the rest of the games he's been sporting the Huraches (Spelled Right?).

Those new shoes of his are awesome though...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe834 on Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:36 pm

Lakers are gonna take this one, but here is what we need to do:

1.) DEFENSE!!! We need to stop giving teams second chance points and instead, get some rebounds. This is really hurting us and it showed in the last two games.

2.) We gotta play with defensive and offensive intensity the way we start games for 48 minutes! That has been our achiles heel this season, and if we fix that we should be fine.

3.) Let's get up and run! The Suns are a team that like to get transition baskets. We gotta attack them and also not let them set up their half-court offense. They have great players with Marbury, Marion, and Stoudemire. If we double up on one, we gonna get a 3 busted on us by Penny Hardaway. We also can't focus to much on the inside with Amare or outside with Marion, because if we play one, we are gonna hurt on the other.

4.) Establish a big lead! We are gonna need it. They can play catch up and do something in the 4th quarter. Too many times have we seen ourselves have a 10 point lead at the half and completely bust it in the 3rd. I know it sounds like a cliche, but it's all about how we start off the 3rd quarter. Consistancy. We have to have it.

5.) Match ups. They have some powerhouses on the offensive and defensive end. There is gonna be a problem in the George-Marion matchup and believe it or not, we have to slow down Stephon. But the biggest of them all is Malone and Stoudemire. Malone is active, but he's going to have a big night. If he plays. Sometimes Shaq will guard him, but then someones gotta play Marion.

* I know I sound like Jack Haley, but it's what we need to do to take this game. Especially the way we have played are last 4 games.
Kobe834

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:56 pm

Kobe834 wrote:Lakers are gonna take this one, but here is what we need to do:

1.) DEFENSE!!! We need to stop giving teams second chance points and instead, get some rebounds. This is really hurting us and it showed in the last two games.

2.) We gotta play with defensive and offensive intensity the way we start games for 48 minutes! That has been our achiles heel this season, and if we fix that we should be fine.

3.) Let's get up and run! The Suns are a team that like to get transition baskets. We gotta attack them and also not let them set up their half-court offense. They have great players with Marbury, Marion, and Stoudemire. If we double up on one, we gonna get a 3 busted on us by Penny Hardaway. We also can't focus to much on the inside with Amare or outside with Marion, because if we play one, we are gonna hurt on the other.

4.) Establish a big lead! We are gonna need it. They can play catch up and do something in the 4th quarter. Too many times have we seen ourselves have a 10 point lead at the half and completely bust it in the 3rd. I know it sounds like a cliche, but it's all about how we start off the 3rd quarter. Consistancy. We have to have it.

5.) Match ups. They have some powerhouses on the offensive and defensive end. There is gonna be a problem in the George-Marion matchup and believe it or not, we have to slow down Stephon. But the biggest of them all is Malone and Stoudemire. Malone is active, but he's going to have a big night. If he plays. Sometimes Shaq will guard him, but then someones gotta play Marion.

* I know I sound like Jack Haley, but it's what we need to do to take this game. Especially the way we have played are last 4 games.

Nice job Kobe Kobe's number Shaq's number. Thats a good summary of what we need to do right...man if only we can show your comments to Phil....really to sum it all up the Lakers need killer instinct. That's the key right there, if they have that then they can be aggressive and as talented as they were said to be....they need to get the pieces together and play with poise, communication and like a team....

Lakers 108
Phoenix 87

The reason the score's this low is because Phoenix is missing Zarko and Amare. That entrusts them with a lousy record.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby murcielago62 on Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:56 pm

Lakers in a rout. The Suns are barely playing anymore, plus Amare is out. Lakers win 107-89
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby vonzipper86 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:24 am

in your reasons for winning, you should have also listed that this is the 2nd game of a back-to-back for the Suns, they beat the rockets today.
-This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwlhcnoljnM
Showtime in Action
vonzipper86

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:17 am

If tha suns had amare in this game, we'd have some trouble like we did when we played them early in tha season...

but since they dont have amare and no zarko, they're shorthanded and play small...we MUST punish them in tha post, and stop stephon and marion from gettin hot...

we MUST make use of tha mismatches we have, SHAQ and MALONE are tha mismatches we'll have on offense, with Marion/Voskuhl/White havin to guard one or tha other...
FabFourLakers

Postby PiEdIe on Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:28 am

the suns called me as their starting PF... but I said no cause I didnt want to face the lakers and score 30 on their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
PiEdIe

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:15 pm

Payton/Marbury: This will be a fun matchup between, perhaps, the 2 best point guards in the west. Marbury's point production will be limited due to Payton's defense. I doubt either will score a lot, but they will get involved through other means. Payton-assists, steals, defense; Marbury-assists and rebounds. Both players will spend a lot of their energy guarding and keeping up with the other.

Kobe/Johnson: The only way Johnson will get points is if Kobe leaves him wide open, otherwise, don't look for much out of Johnson. Kobe is a much better athlete than he is, and Kobe should be able to stop him with much ease. Johnson will only be able to take outside shots with Shaq and Malone preventing him from taking ti to the basket, and the outside shots that he does take will be contested by Kobe. Joe isn't exactly a great defender either, so Kobe shouldn't have much problem scoring.

George/Marion: We already know we will lose this matchup, but hopefully Marion will have an off night or something. George is going to have to play great defense, because Marion is someone who can go off on you. He can shoot, dunk, rebound, and pass. His length might make it harder for George to contend his shots. If George doesn't stick with him, then "the Matrix" will be able to have his way with him and light us up, making our defense look bad. If George can't stick with him, then look for Russell to see some quality minutes against him.

Malone/Williams: Malone will not have to put forth much effort to win this matchup. He can out rebound, out hustle, and out score Williams. Malone should be able to get good position against him in the paint and do whatever he wants. Scott won't be able to keep up with Malone at either end of the court.

Shaq/White & Voskuhl: They will start with White, for size reasons, but he will get into foul trouble early on, so Jake will have to relieve him. Either way, Shaq will dominate them. He will push the 245 pound Voskuhl around like a rag doll. And he will move around the immobile Jahidi with ease, since he can't get off the ground to get a rebound, contest a shot, block a shot, or prevent someone from getting to the hoop...this should be an easy night for Shaq. Look for Shaq to attack the basket and dominate the boards.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:38 pm

Great matchups jsm, I couldn't agree with them anymore!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Shobe on Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:25 pm

I believe its going to be tight all the way through, for a couple of reasons.

1. The suns are very hungry to get a win and start a turn around.
2. Every team always gets pumped to play the lakers
3. Lakers have been playing very lax especially in the 4th quarter.

But I still believe we will win:

Lakers 98
Suns 90. Lets Go LAKERS!!!!!!!!
Shobe

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:17 pm

We'll win, question is, by how much? 110-90 if we put 'em away, 105-103 if we don't and Kobe has to bail us out again. :man13:
lakerzrule

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:20 pm

You're crazy if you think we won't blow em out.

They don't have Amare, so look for Shaq to have a huge game since there's no one else dominant in the post.

Lakers 102
Suns 84
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:04 pm

Well the game is underway
Suns 4
Lakers 0

9:30 left in the 1st
JSM

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:08 pm

Malone just went down grabbing his knee, let's hope its not serious...

Suns 9
Lakers 2
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:09 pm

8:08 left in 1st
JSM

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:10 pm

He looks allright, but we're subbing out for him.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:12 pm

Russell comes in for Malone

Suns 11
Lakers 9
JSM

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:13 pm

6:56 left in the first

only 3 Lakers have scored
Shaq-4 points
Russell-5 points
Malone-3 points
JSM

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:15 pm

Lakers 14
Suns 11

6:18 1st Quarter

Lakers on a 5-0 run.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:15 pm

make that 4 Kobe makes the layup off, made possible by the Russell steal

Lakers 14
Suns 11

6:13 left in the 1st
JSM

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday