Sun. 10/17 vs. Warriors - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby slavalover on Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:01 am

:ball1: they did good for all the player they have[/img]
slavalover

Postby crucifido on Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:39 am

With a weaker inside presence than the Lakers had with Shaq, guys with Cook's abilities can pull post players out of the post (Duncan, Yao, etc.) enabling the Lakers smaller than some centers to ahev an easier time inside.

Cook is remarkably similar to Robert Horry when he first came into the league (sans the leaping ability). A lot of people had no idea why the Rockets chose him or what role he would play, but somehow that seemed to work out O.K. for the Rockets and for the Lakers.

Cook is a good player. Like I said before all I call into quesiton sometimes is his passion. If he shows the drive for success like Horry di, many of the "Cook Haters" around here will soon change their tune. He can contribute significantly if he stays ficused and determined. The talent is there, now it's up to Rudy and the rest of the team to get his passion into the same shape as his game.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby trumpjelani on Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:54 am

crucifido wrote:With a weaker inside presence than the Lakers had with Shaq, guys with Cook's abilities can pull post players out of the post (Duncan, Yao, etc.) enabling the Lakers smaller than some centers to ahev an easier time inside.

Cook is remarkably similar to Robert Horry when he first came into the league (sans the leaping ability). A lot of people had no idea why the Rockets chose him or what role he would play, but somehow that seemed to work out O.K. for the Rockets and for the Lakers.

Cook is a good player. Like I said before all I call into quesiton sometimes is his passion. If he shows the drive for success like Horry di, many of the "Cook Haters" around here will soon change their tune. He can contribute significantly if he stays ficused and determined. The talent is there, now it's up to Rudy and the rest of the team to get his passion into the same shape as his game.

If Cook could develop into the Horry vintage, thats like creating frankenstein! I was surprised how well he dribbled in the open court after his steal. Very Interesting.
Image <br>
<b>The Bryant-surrounded-by-youngsters-and-journeymen approach </b>
trumpjelani

Postby leftymo on Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:59 am

I really dislike the Robert Horry comparisons b/c Horry was an athletic small forward...

He was once almost traded for Scottie Pippen (if I'm not mistaken). He was agile and was the starting SMALL FORWARD for the championship Rockets (Otis Thorpe was the PF).

Horry hits the 3 point shot, and showed a tenacity to play defense both in blocking shots and steals. In one of his years, he was one among 5 players in the NBA to get 100 steals and 100 blocks in a season.

None of what I just said evenly CLOSELY resembles Brian Cook. None!

Cook doesn't have a 3 point shot, he isn't that good defensively, and he's the opposite of Horry in terms of mobility.

Horry was a smart basketball player from the beginning and had a lot more athleticism. He was a high flyer, getting rebound dunks (put-backs). Cook couldn't do this in his dreams!

More of Horry's abilities? I'm not sure if many people remember, that Horry would even bring the ball up the court a few times. Cook again, doesn't have this ability.

Saying Brian Cook is like Robert Horry is like saying Tony Bobbitt is like Kobe Bryant.

That's how similar they are. I'd compare Cook to Wayman Tisdale, or Rodney Rogers...bigmen that play outside a little bit more. Don't grab rebounds, don't really bang inside, but are deadly with that open jumper.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby nosebleedbum on Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:48 am

Right on. Cook will be 4 year career guy at best. I don't even think he has that good of a shot. Kobe was laughing when cook made a shot. Looks like cook shot a 15 footer from his chest. it's ugly. If he made more of them then who's to argue but he doesn't. That being said, i think he does have potential- he'll take the charge and go to the ground for loose balls. Too bad he's unathletic. Horry as a rook was 10 times the player cook is now.[/quote]
nosebleedbum

Postby RHCP on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:45 pm

Caron with a trey!
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby RHCP on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:47 pm

How do they score every time down? Its strange, whens the last time they missed. Yet we still are still up by 8 points.
RHCP

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:48 pm

Wrong thread RHCP :man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby RHCP on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:49 pm

nosebleedbum wrote:

Right on. Cook will be 4 year career guy at best. I don't even think he has that good of a shot. Kobe was laughing when cook made a shot. Looks like cook shot a 15 footer from his chest. it's ugly. If he made more of them then who's to argue but he doesn't. That being said, i think he does have potential- he'll take the charge and go to the ground for loose balls. Too bad he's unathletic. Horry as a rook was 10 times the player cook is now.
[/quote]
Definently, Horry was a solid role player. I never see Cook even starting on a roster, unless a mid-season deal sends him to the Bobcats. :man10:
RHCP

Postby GT1 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:49 pm

Lakers lead after three!
GT1

Postby G|B|G|B on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:49 pm

GT1 wrote:Lakers lead after three!
????
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby RHCP on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:49 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Wrong thread RHCP :man10:

huh wait, this is the gameday thread right?
RHCP

Postby GT1 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:50 pm

uh, wrong topic?
GT1

Postby RHCP on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:50 pm

OOHH lol jsut relized this was the Warriors one. :bang:
RHCP

Postby DJM19 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:04 pm

bosox won
DJM19

Postby remixed on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:32 pm

RHCP LAKER LOVERS wrote:
nosebleedbum wrote:

Right on. Cook will be 4 year career guy at best. I don't even think he has that good of a shot. Kobe was laughing when cook made a shot. Looks like cook shot a 15 footer from his chest. it's ugly. If he made more of them then who's to argue but he doesn't. That being said, i think he does have potential- he'll take the charge and go to the ground for loose balls. Too bad he's unathletic. Horry as a rook was 10 times the player cook is now.

Definently, Horry was a solid role player. I never see Cook even starting on a roster, unless a mid-season deal sends him to the Bobcats. :man10:[/quote]

i doubt he'd even be starting for the bobcats.
remixed

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:42 pm

The Last Word: Well it was a sad moment seeing D-Fish in another jersey, but it's simply another reality check that this is our new era. Our coming togetherness is shining right now, and I can tell we are not only talented, but we work hard, very hard.

This will prove to be an exciting year.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday