STAPLES Center
Sunday, Nov. 2
6:30 p.m.
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031102/GSWLAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031102/GSWLAL/boxscore.html

Warriors - 72
Lakers - 87

Lakers Sail Past Warriors
Kobe Bryant scored a game-high 21 points in his season debut at STAPLES Center, and the Lakers defeated the Warriors 87-72 Sunday. Shaquille O'Neal added 17 points and 14 rebounds and Gary Payton continued his good start, chipping in 10 points and 11 assists.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:03 pm

I'll be at the game tomorrow, in Section 321, Row 9. Hope to meet some of you guys at Staples. I'll be wearing a baige nike cap, baige turtle neck sweater, blue jeans, and a black blazer coat.

Hopefully, the Lakers do not over look this game. I'm just wishing that they still have some energy and will to win, after a close and well contested game tonight in Phoenix.

With Van Exel out with injuries and Jason Richardson also out due to suspension, the Warriors should be easy, but we all know how the Lakers historically play at the level of their opponenets.....so we never know.

I'll cheer pretty loud during the game and so will other Laker fans, so hopefully we can provide some energy to the players.

GO LAKERS!!!!!

Lakers by 8!!!!!
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:06 pm

I'm looking for a blowout... Lakers by 25.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:10 pm

Even though I stated Lakers by 8 earlier...I'm truly hoping Lakers by a blowout by 25 as called by my homie BDG!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:13 pm

I also predict a blowout. I also predict more playing time for Kobe like last game. He's looking better every game.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:32 pm

stop overlooking tha warriors...they just beat the my damn sixers 104-90 WITHOUT J-Rich and Van exel, and guess who torched us tonight? thats right...MIKE DUNLEAVY: 32 points, 11 rebounds 11-15 shooting, 7-7 from tha FT line...WOW no wonder they traded Jamison...and calbert cheaney had 20 points(10-12 shooting) and speedy had 17 also...

horrible game by tha sixers...cant believe they can lose to a shorthanded team like tha warriors...

but ok this is tha LAKERS we're talkin bout here...but lets not UNDERESTIMATE these damn warriors...they always give us a tough match up no matter where we are...and no matter who they have....

Im actually not gonna use my reverse psychology method for this one...i think the Lakers will come out strong and i think Payton and Kobe are gonna have big games cuz the backcourt of GS is weak...i say lakers win 110-95
FabFourLakers

Postby forever.lakerfan on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:36 pm

hm...im gonna say it will be a close one.. lakers win 105-98.
"I know Kobe better than anyone. The great person you see on the court and in the public is a far greater person off the court."
-Vanessa Bryant
forever.lakerfan

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:45 pm

Lakers win 106-96
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:18 pm

Dayam Warriors... They're the underdogs and all, but I think they're gonna try and run us this game. They're like a fast paced team and all, and without J-Rich they did good. But we have the advantage at every position, so I'm lookin forward to a Lakers win tomorrow. Lakers win by 14.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:26 pm

The sixers are honestly nothing this year. I question their ability to even make the playoffs this year. However, like LG mentioned above, we have the superior advantage at every position. The Warriors don't have the defensive ability nor the firepower to hang with us down the stretch. I expect the Lakers to ride to a victory by 10-15+ points.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

LAKERS By 32

Postby SHOWTIMEDR on Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:35 am

LUKE WALTON WILL SHUTDOWN MIKE DUNLEAVY!

:jam2:

SPEEDY WANKSTER WILL GET PIMP SLAPPED BY GARY PAYTON LIKE THAT GUY IN CANADA!

:boxing1:

SHAQ WILL EAT THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIAN ALIVE!

KOBE WILL PLAY IN A CONSTANT CHILL.

Malone will elbow some no name guy.

Van Exel will talk smack from the bench (Which he deserves to do because he is the reason the Mavs made it to the western finals.)

Will Devean have an off game?

Will the Lakers bench get cleared?

Will Phil play kobe for more than 30 minutes again?

Will the Laker girls kick really high?

Final Lakers 115 Warriors 83

Malone elbows Dunleavy, Dunleavy will lock himself in the basement and wear a porkchop on his grill for a week.
SHOWTIMEDR

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:45 am

Lakers will run all over them. But I expect a harder game then you think..

No doubt in my mind we'll take it. Hopefully have a fun night and run all over the Warriors..

Postby G-Lakers on Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:22 am

Love those back-to-back nights!
Are they wearing their white jerseys today?
G-Lakers

Yes......THE WHITE JERSEYS!!!!!

Postby LakersCourt on Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:20 am

Yup.....They are wearing the white jerseys tonight. I absolutely love those jerseys and hope they stick with them. Very classy looking. :freak2:
LakersCourt

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:29 am

I think Lakers will win 114 to 94.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby smilez on Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:32 pm

it will be a blow out win for us. :jam2:
smilez

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:35 pm

After last night's game, Kobe Bryant commented about many questions, "You know what, I feel pretty good," Bryant said after the game. "I played in spurts pretty well. It was an all-around great

I just have to wait until my rhythm gets back a little bit," Bryant said. "I feel that was the easiest 37 minutes I've ever played playing with some of these great players."

I'm just going with the flow. Once we really start rolling, my game's going to revolve around cutting, passing and cutting, not really doing too much with the basketball."

That is winning," Bryant said. "When it comes down to the stretch, you have to hustle and not give anybody any easy opportunities or looks at the basket. When you get the free throws, you've got to knock them down."

"I came in expecting the worst and when you expect the worst, everything usually turns out great," Bryant said. "I heard the cheers and I really appreciate that. I expected the worst, so to hear anybody cheer, it felt good.

"It felt great being out there playing and competing. I love playing so it felt good and get some competition. Playing on the road, you know how much I play on the road."

"Shaq and I, the chemistry on the court is going to be there, period," Bryant said. "We have played together for eight years and won three championships together and we know how to do it. With Gary, it flows really well, and Karl is such a great passer it is going to take me a minute to get used to how well he passes the ball

"I wasn't expecting to come out here and have a stellar game, you know what I mean," Bryant said. "I was going to come out and just play and try to help contribute where I can, just kind of go with the flow. It would be a little unrealistic for me to expect a huge game."

He said he felt "no pain at all" in his knee. He is, by his own guess, maybe two months from being himself again.

"It's a long season," Bryant said. "I keep my mind focused on winning that championship. It felt good to be out there playing, don't get me wrong, but I want to win another ring."
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby mazter_roshi on Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:12 pm

Lakers 102
Golden State 94

Kobe will be leading scorer for L.A and Van Exel for the "warriors".
mazter_roshi

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:14 pm

Van Exel is not even playing

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:17 pm

Since you all seem to be ranting about a total blowout, now I shall confirm it, based on the injuries the Warriors seem to be burdened with:

Jason Richardson will not be playing because of his battery assault charged against his ex-girlfriend.

Mickael Pietrus will be out 3-5 days and will not play tonight's game with an injury.

It's presumed Adonal Foyle won't be okaying because he didn't play in the last game.

Nick Van Exel and Troy Murphy are on the injured list and won't play.

The Warriors added Dan Langhi and waived Pepe Sanchez just a couple of days ago. They don't really have much of a team, lest a bench, now that our proposed starters tonight for them would be Speedy Claxton, Calbert Cheaney, Mike Dunleavy, Cliff Robinson and Erick Dampier. Look out for Dunleavy...maybe Robinson even, but expect Payton to posturize Claxton. The bench is awful with Jones, Eschmyer, Langhi, but Avery Johnson could do some damage.
Otherwise I change my predictions Lakers 118--95
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:26 pm

Wow I didn't think that many people wern't playing. We are really going to crush them tonight, that's not a cocky statement either. We're really going to. :man3:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:25 pm

Lets look at the matchups for tonight's game

Payton/Claxton-Payton should be able to run circles around him, and it will be an easy night for him after playing Marbury

Kobe/Cheaney-whether Kobe is hurt or not, if he doesn't take advantage of this matchup then it will be embarrassing, I doubt Calbert will even see double digits tonight

George/Dunleavy-Dunleavy will probably be their leading scorer again and will probably do well against George, but hopefully George has some D left in him from last night, and can prevent him from getting 30 again

Malone/Robinson-Malone will be able to size up against Robinson quite well, Malone will have his way with him, and be able to do whatever he wants

Shaq/Dampier-another easy matchup for Shaq, Dampier won't be able to even slow down Shaq.

Everyone, except George should have an easy time tonight with fairly easy matchups
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:32 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Lets look at the matchups for tonight's game

Malone/Robinson-Malone will be able to size up against Robinson quite well, Malone will have his way with him, and be able to do whatever he wants

I agree with your other statements, but this one has obviously caught my eye...Malone and Robinson have been going at it for many years now, and we really shouldn't underestimate Robinson's capabilities. The guy shot 4-5 from threes last time against the Lakers, preseason game, but Malone didn't really seem to drift out to the perimeter. And we're talking about a PF who shot 39% for Detroit altogether last season, and he's torching us. I think he'll make an impact with the Warriors, 'based on this rivalry he has with Malone, they were pushing for position last game, so don't expect Malone to get an easy night on the defensive end....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:32 pm

Good observations jsm!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:52 pm

ok somebody said calbert wont see double digits tonight...

he SAW double digits last night against philly, a great defensive team, and he actually shot a VERY high percentage...he had 20 points...i expect him to hhave tha same kind of night...i dont know why...even tho tha warriors are VERY shorthanded(no van exel, richardson, murphy, pietrus, or foyle), they seemed to play well without those guys...i jus dont know after watchin them pound tha sixers...whats tha guarantee they wont do tha same against tha lakers? and speedy is gonna torch us tonight...he always does

but i still say lakers win...if they dont win that'll be a huge disappointment

and oh yes My dad got tickets for tonights game...but didnt even ASK me to go...he instead hid them from me and took my lil brother to it...and he doesnt even watch basketball!!! he plays frickin dragon ball z all day! it pisses me off so much that my dad didnt even ASK me if i wanted to go...but im over it, my lil bro's birthday is this weeek so that'll be my birthday present to him, lettin him go to MY lakers game...lol
FabFourLakers

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday