7:30 pm
TV: FSN, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031126/WASLAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031126/WASLAL/boxscore.html

Wizards - 99
Lakers - 120

Lakers Land Big Win
Kobe Bryant jump-started the Lakers with 16 points in the first half en route to a breezy 120-99 win over Washington on Wednesday at STAPLES Center. Eight different players scored in double figures for Los Angeles, which will try for its fifth straight win Friday against San Antonio.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:10 pm

Blowout again. They have nobody. Plus Shaq will be back playing alongside Slava.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:18 pm

they will be without Stackhouse and possibly Arenas depending on how bad his injury was tonight
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:29 am

Man, I hope we dont slaughter them THAT bad. We had a great night last night, so hopefully that energy carries on to this game. I think we're gonna win by at least 15+
LakersGyrl2003

Postby G-Lakers on Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:32 am

I think we need to stay humble. Just a plain...
12-3

Blowout or close one.
G-Lakers

Postby @ on Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:54 am

HOME GAME EQUALS WIN GAME

12 - 3

IF THEY ARE WITHOUT JERRY & ARENAS = 100% WIN :man9: :man9:

IF WE PLAY WITHOUT :shaq:

LAKERS 110

Wizards 88

IF WE PLAY WITH :shaq:

LAKERS 2548955134694684564546545646455

Wizards 1
@

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:28 pm

Well, it sounds like Shaq will be back, so that is good news. :jam2:

Lakers: 118

Wiz: 97

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby JSM on Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:55 pm

Arenas Update:

He has a lower abdominal strain that could be serious.

Sportsline: "He is hurt pretty good, and we probably won't have him the rest of the trip," said Wizards coach Eddie Jordan, whose team finishes a four-game trip with back-to-back games against the Trail Blazers and Lakers. "I don't want to misdiagnose it, but it's bad. It's bad right now."
JSM

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:43 pm

Wow, the Wizards are going to be a true cakewalk, especially with Arenas out...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:47 pm

they will have zero offensive fire power, I'll have my player matchups up later tonight so yall can see what an easy win this should be
JSM

Postby BDG on Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:55 pm

I'm looking forward, jsm-- I like the way you break it down every night :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:13 pm

Lakers gonna kill today....with or without shaq...we had our BIGGEST blowout of the year yesterday night without shaq and this should be no harder bcuz of their lack of players...with stack and arenas in the lineup it would be a different story but this will be another blow out
shaqpak34

Postby JSM on Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:30 pm

player matchups:

Payton/Dixon: Juan Dixon is an extremely easy matchup for Gary. Perhaps, even the easiest matchup all year. Payton will shut him down, and he will do whatever he wants to do. If he wants to play with his eyes closed, he might even be able to pull that off...just kidding, but look for this to free Payton up to run the offense and defense however he wants without anyone stopping him. Payton should have no problem scoring. He should be able to back Dixon down, since he weights close to 15 pounds less than Gary. And he should be able to drive into the lane with ease.

Kobe/Hughes: Usually, Hughes would be their leading scorer, but Kobe should be able to prevent him from doing a lot of scoring. Hughes is a lot smaller than Kobe, so Kobe can post him up and shoot over him when he feels like it. Hughes isn't a very good defensive player and will get outplayed by Kobe. Hughes will also have problems getting to the basket because of Malone, who will be able to drift form his defensive assignment some, because they also pose no threat on the offensive end of the court. Kobe will be able to dominate him and have another good night. Kobe will also probably go to the line a good bit, because the Wizards also lack good D and will resort to fouling.

George/Hayes: George has been struggling recently and Hayes has being doing good for a rookie, but like I said...for a rookie, so this matchup favors George, if for nothing else for him knowing what he's doing and being more experienced. George has to start hitting shots and get back to how he was playing earlier in the season. If he can knock down some open shots, then he might have a good game, but I'm not expecting much. Hayes will probably put up better numbers than George.

Malone/Brown: The number one bust against the Mailman, sounds fun. Malone has been getting double double's left and right, and Kwame...well hasn't ever lived up to the hype and only plays mediocre basketball. Malone should not have much of a problem with Kwame. The only think Brown has on Malone is that he is younger, but when watching the two play...you would think Brown is the 40 year old and Malone is the young'n. Brown doesn't hustle or play hard, so Malone will be able to get position in the pain, box him out, out rebound him, out score him, and out play Brown. Malone-double double; Kwame-single single.

Grant/Haywood: I would have much rather have had Shaq, but Grant will do. Neither guys are going to be the player of the game or have an extraordinary night. Grant will continue to make some good shots and will finish with 6 or 8 points. He should be able to prevent Haywood from scoring, since he is only averaging 4 points a game. We won't need much from Grant since this will be a easy game for us; but some defense, a few boards, and a few made jumpers would be nice.

Reasons we will win: they have no offensive or defensive players, partly due to injury, we are starting to play well together and certain players off the bench are really stepping it up, they are playing back to back nights and we get them on their second night, and we are playing at home.
Last edited by JSM on Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:48 pm

OMG they play tha blazers on tuesday, and then us tha next day?! dude i dont even need reverse psychology for this one! and they have no arenas and stack...

WOW this is a great game to play before tha spurs game...

hopefully we blow them out in tha 1st quarter and let tha starters rest tha whole game...

it must suck to play tha lakers on tha 2nd night of a back to back game...
FabFourLakers

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:50 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:OMG they play tha blazers on tuesday, and then us tha next day?! dude i dont even need reverse psychology for this one! and they have no arenas and stack...

WOW this is a great game to play before tha spurs game...

hopefully we blow them out in tha 1st quarter and let tha starters rest tha whole game...

it must suck to play tha lakers on tha 2nd night of a back to back game...

LOL NO REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY???? aww man
shaqpak34

Postby G-Lakers on Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:43 am

Shaq Fan wrote:Well, it sounds like Shaq will be back, so that is good news. :jam2:

Lakers: 118

Wiz: 97

Has Shaq confirmed that he's playin Wed???
G-Lakers

Postby fcb2001 on Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:00 pm

Lakers 101
Wizards 79
fcb2001

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:28 pm

Let me make some starting comments first about the game infrastructure:

The Wizards are playing the Blazers on the road tonight....and they play us tomorrow...and Gilbert Arenas just got put on the injured list, so if the Lakers take this game the right way we're easily 12-3.

Some major concerns are:
Underestimating the opponent: This is the case for the Lakers all year round last year. They lost to teams like the Bulls, Hawks, and even the Heat once, and most of the time the guys shot lights out...it was either a plead case for bad perimeter defense or bad execution of the triangle offense (AKA trying to take the bucket to the hole too much, opposition plays great D, forces turnovers or creates a missed shot). With Gary here, though, and the Dixon/Knight/Whitney/Blake guys for the Wiz at point, this should be easy and there is a lot of schooling for most of those guys to learn. And by the way, jsm, I think they'd start Juan Dixon, but look for Brevin Knight to get critical minutes off the bench. The guy hasn't played a scrap yet for Washington, but with Arenas out this is an opportunity to show himself. The Lakers are virtually better than the Wizards in all positions this game, and even the bench seems better now with Slava and Bryon Russell on our backs. Scrutinizing the Wiz bench...Brevin Knight, Etan Thomas, Christian Laettner, Jared Jeffries, etc. Overall, the Wizards have a lot of young players, but also a tiny mixture of old. Don't forget, their new coach, Eddie Jordan, likes to excel in transition game and if the Lakers don't play substantial or at least typical signs of D-fense at that, then the Wizards might find their groove on the offensive end. There is no way in hell the Wizards are gonna shut down the Lakers, unless they miss open shots...through this underestimation of the opponent. This is Staples, the Wiz are tired, have a depleted team, just got whooped by the Blazers, and best yet, they don't have a true point guard manning the offense for them, if it's Juan Dixon. I expect a lovefest for the Lakers...this is an easy game to rip away and we'll bolster our bench and see if Kareem can step it up. But don't forget, never underestimate the opposition, and don't underestimate Kwame Brown y'all...

nevertheless its blowout city...theres too many qualities for us to win this game with our w/out Shaq...though all signs point to Shaq playing...

Lakers 111
Wizards 85
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:37 pm

Stackhouse and Arenas is out, they have no depth and what is Kwami Brown gonna beat us?

No. Blowout.

Postby LakersPride on Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:23 pm

Don't Underestimate any team, even without their good players, cause when they play the Lakers, they give it their all, no matter how bad the team. The Lakers will underestimate them, and I predict they are not gonna have a good game.

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
LakersPride

Postby JSM on Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:43 pm

Well, it looks like Arenas and Stackhouse won't be the only ones to miss the game tomorrow...Shaq will also sit.

For details, please check today's daily news (http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=78245#78245)
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:53 pm

and for updated player matchups, see my player matchup post on the previous page
JSM

Postby G-Lakers on Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:34 am

it's good that Shaq siting out for tonight's game.
G-Lakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:00 am

What a game it was indeed.

When our entire (5 players) 2nd unit plays as well as anybody's first unit, we are going to be pretty unvulnerable. Last night was just pure fun.

Slava's in the Zone
Deavens in his Zone
Russel's in his Zone
Rush is starting to get into the flow...

Ho Grant played well...

Man our bench is so damn deep this year and everybody is starting to get used to eachother on the court... Blowout against the upcoming Spurs? Who knows... we're playing well folks, damn well!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:29 am

Man, without Shaq we looked so AMAZING! I gotta give it up to Slava, Kareem, and Bryon especially! Man!!! And to Fisher! It looks like he has his touch back. YEA YEA! We had 8 players in double figures, and we looked great doin so. Much ups to our bench, cuz they really pulled through last night!
LakersGyrl2003

Next

Return to Lakers Game Tonight