Thr. 5/21 - Lakers vs. DEN - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Thr. 5/21 - Lakers vs. DEN - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

lalfan wrote:
TT24 wrote:
lalfan wrote:LA already won in Den, they beat some of the best home teams already, and they are the best road team in the league. If LA and the Cavs make it to the Finals, you believe Cleveland is going to win because of HC too?

that was before they got Billups. he made the world of difference. btw, still no answer on Bynum, was he hurt in the 2nd half? how come he didn't play much?

I'm wondering the same. But like I said. If/when LA gets to the Finals, they won't have HC, they'll have to gain it, like they already did against Houston. But the Lakers really did get screwed in both this game, and game 1.
TT24

Postby Venti Quattro on Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

People need to realize, the Lakers as a whole did not play a bad game...and on top of that Denver is a good team plus there were horrendous calls or non calls especially in the 4th.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby Neo on Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

This is going seven - the marketers want it that way...
[url=http://www.harvest.org/crusades/2012/los-angeles/home.html:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]][img:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]]http://www.harvest.org/share/769.jpg[/img:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]][/url:[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]]
Neo

Postby jays/laker on Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

i am worried if we got molested by the refs at home there is no telling how much worse it will get in denver. someone get a flagrant 2 for breathing on billups. :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Last edited by jays/laker on Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jays/laker

Postby jayy_zee on Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

halekulani wrote:
jayy_zee wrote:fisher rushed that shot b/c he figured he would probably get fouled. But still, DEREK FISHER??? the guy who's uh about what 16% from 3point range this postseason??? gotta call out phil jackson on such a questionable lineup for that last play

fisher rushed it b/c nene would get a clean block if he didnt

yea that too
jayy_zee

Postby karacha on Thu May 21, 2009 9:08 pm

7co7dy wrote:
karacha wrote:
7co7dy wrote:
WTF? She posted that like before halftime? WE GET THE POINT. You don't have to correct her 2983493828943234983298432 times.

No, she posted that after the last play.

I guess she used "Derrick" twice then. It's annoying when people sit there like "it's THEIR NOT THERE OMG ITS THEIR U IDIOT!!1 ITS THEIR!!1 IRSMRT!"

If ya know what I mean. And yes, I know that "ya" is supposed to be "you".

It is even more annoying when people insist on saying "there" instead of "their" "should of" instead of "should've" and "I am bias". Just horrible.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby G|B|G|B on Thu May 21, 2009 9:08 pm

8+24= Magic wrote:
G|B|G|B wrote:we need joey crawford in game 3!

nO WE NEED THIS GUY :man1: :man1:

do it david stern
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby jbum on Thu May 21, 2009 9:08 pm

this is how i look at the Lakers.

take all four teams in the playoffs. take away each team's best player.

The lakers in my opinion have the least chance of winning. they have the least chemistry, physicality, energy.

Kobe alone CANNOT win the game. the team has to put us within a winning chance for kobe to do his thing.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby Kobe#2 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:09 pm

I hate Pau. Hate. Despise. He has no fight in him.
Kobe#2

Postby LakerEricR on Thu May 21, 2009 9:09 pm

It's amazing as the playoffs go on the refs keep getting worse. With all the players statiionery how can 6 eyes miss JR Smith violate the jump ball. There is no excuse for that. The right thing is to do is for Stern to order a redo with Lakers Ball but of course that won't happen

BUT DENVER DIDN'T WIN THIS GAME!!!
CL's resident Carolina Panther fan
Zune & Xbox Live ID:SBDuckfan

LakerEricR

Postby jayy_zee on Thu May 21, 2009 9:09 pm

kray28 wrote:
jayy_zee wrote:fisher rushed that shot b/c he figured he would probably get fouled. But still, DEREK FISHER??? the guy who's uh about what 16% from 3point range this postseason??? gotta call out phil jackson on such a questionable lineup for that last play

Don't blame Fish on that shot as much as I blame Phil for having Luke be the inbounder on the play.

that's basically what i'm saying, bad lineup put into play by phil
jayy_zee

Postby Freakout on Thu May 21, 2009 9:10 pm

This game is all on Phil.

Our big lineup got us a nice lead and then he abandons it. He is not close to being the coach he once was.
Freakout

Postby Slade366 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm not real worried about the Lakers losing the series just the NBA is really looking rigged. I mean there is no way that they will not advance Kobe and Lebron. If the Magic can beat the Cavs it would be so great or even if the Lakers could get some fair reffing and end the series in less than 7 games.
Slade366

Postby Sgt. Pepper on Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm

I seriously punched a huge hole in the wall after this damn game. I'm so mad it's sickening.
Sgt. Pepper

Postby dj vitus on Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm

TT24 wrote:I'm wondering the same. But like I said. If/when LA gets to the Finals, they won't have HC, they'll have to gain it, like they already did against Houston. But the Lakers really did get screwed in both this game, and game 1.

Hey, if the Magic advance, we'll get our HCA back. :man1:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm

I may be a bit harsh, but I really want Fish to be gone after this season.
TT24

Postby jays/laker on Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm

LakerEricR wrote:It's amazing as the playoffs go on the refs keep getting worse. With all the players statiionery how can 6 eyes miss JR Smith violate the jump ball. There is no excuse for that. The right thing is to do is for Stern to order a redo with Lakers Ball but of course that won't happen

seriously, it seems every game now i am hearing van gundy point out another blown call by the refs.
jays/laker

Postby BadCoaching on Thu May 21, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm so tired of seeing Fisher on the floor now he isn't the player he once was and doesn't even belong out there. He made absolutely zero plays the entire game, he misses layups always gets rejected and throws the ball away. It's time to move Famar into his spot and finish the games with a guard who can run the floor and at least finish a layup.

Where in the frick was Bynum??? They needed REBOUNDING at the end of the game.. why was he on the bench? I don't understand either of those positions and why Phil continues to let the Lakers suffer a man down with Fisher in the game. Way to late on the Ariza sub he needed to be in there earlier in the 4th quarter. Why isn't Kobe getting the ball off a screen instead of trying to dribble around 2-3 defenders? Stupid!!!!!!!
BadCoaching

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:12 pm

dj vitus wrote:
TT24 wrote:I'm wondering the same. But like I said. If/when LA gets to the Finals, they won't have HC, they'll have to gain it, like they already did against Houston. But the Lakers really did get screwed in both this game, and game 1.

Hey, if the Magic advance, we'll get our HCA back. :man1:

Yeah, but we have to worry about the Nuggets and the refs first.
TT24

Postby jbum on Thu May 21, 2009 9:12 pm

i sometimes thing the league is rigged.... but statistically the two best teams usually go to the finals.

so if kobe met lebron in the finals, i wouldn't call it rigging. just that all the hype is making it look more and more like it's rigged.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby Slade366 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:13 pm

jays/laker wrote:
LakerEricR wrote:It's amazing as the playoffs go on the refs keep getting worse. With all the players statiionery how can 6 eyes miss JR Smith violate the jump ball. There is no excuse for that. The right thing is to do is for Stern to order a redo with Lakers Ball but of course that won't happen

seriously, it seems every game now i am hearing van gundy point out another blown call by the refs.

He pointed out 3 today and when he points something out is seriously wrong. Watch as Cleveland advance and the Lakers advance in 7
Slade366

Postby loiamve2007 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:13 pm

What is up with the spelling of Fisher's name?! The point should be that he sucked in this game, BIG TIME, missed shots, turnovers, lack of effort... and worst of all h got to missed the last game-changing shot. Where's Jack@$$ taking this Lakers team by playing shala, puke and now Fisher with big minutes like today's game?
loiamve2007

Postby 8+24= Magic on Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 pm

sOME STUPID F ING REPORTER ASK WHY PHIL PLAYS FISH AND NOT BROWN AND FARMAR. PLEASE!!!!

I WANNA HEAR PHIL'S BS PHILOSOPHICAL RESPONSE
8+24= Magic

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Slade366 wrote:
jays/laker wrote:

He pointed out 3 today and when he points something out is seriously wrong. Watch as Cleveland advance and the Lakers advance in 7

Gotta get passed the refs first.
TT24

Postby knm131 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 pm

Slade366 wrote:I'm not real worried about the Lakers losing the series just the NBA is really looking rigged. I mean there is no way that they will not advance Kobe and Lebron. If the Magic can beat the Cavs it would be so great or even if the Lakers could get some fair reffing and end the series in less than 7 games.

Why would they rig it in favor of the Nuggets? The Nugs have never ever reached the NBA finals ever and the NBA stands to gain a lot more by having LA win this series.

So if you believe it is rigged, then the league will rig it in the Lakers favor.
knm131

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday