Thr. 5/21 - Lakers vs. DEN - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Thr. 5/21 - Lakers vs. DEN - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Postby Lakers Advocate on Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 pm

bynum with another 18 minute game...

the refs did make some bad calls but they are not the reason we lost this game...WE lost this game

3 straight miss FT's at the end of the game

Fisher SUCKS & phil keeps playing him.....fishers decision making is horrible, and can't even make an easy pass to the post...

for what ever reason we ignored kobe on that 1 play at the end of the game

and luke kept leaving kleiza open for 3's

and Carmelo is a beast down low, he made some huge plays in the 4th quarter
Lakers Advocate

Postby Sgt. Pepper on Thu May 21, 2009 9:15 pm

I'm pretty sure Kobe was meant to get the last shot, but Luke had to throw it in. The Lakers didn't have any timeouts. It also seemed like Fisher got fouled on that last shot as well, but I'm not sure.
Sgt. Pepper

Postby Caroline Mason on Thu May 21, 2009 9:15 pm

When a commentator(s) continuously calls out bad refereeing, something is up. That JR Smith violation was so blatant, I can't believe it wasn't called.

It is absolutely vital that the Lakers win Game 3....because if they don't, I don't think they will win this series. They are going to have to muster all that memory of winning in Boston and Cleveland this regular season.
Caroline Mason

Postby 7co7dy on Thu May 21, 2009 9:15 pm

karacha wrote:
7co7dy wrote:
karacha wrote:
No, she posted that after the last play.

I guess she used "Derrick" twice then. It's annoying when people sit there like "it's THEIR NOT THERE OMG ITS THEIR U IDIOT!!1 ITS THEIR!!1 IRSMRT!"

If ya know what I mean. And yes, I know that "ya" is supposed to be "you".

It is even more annoying when people insist on saying "there" instead of "their" "should of" instead of "should've" and "I am bias". Just horrible.

It's an online form, not an OWL school for christ sake. you can correct someone once but the ability to correct someone 109830948293842985932858329 times does not make you more intelligent.
uhh, i'll write a signature when I think of something cool.
7co7dy

Postby BadCoaching on Thu May 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Kobe is the reason fisher plays! He wouldn't even start or be on the team for any reason. Phil needs to stand the hell up and say NO to fisher and put an athlete who isn't passed his prime on the dang floor. How many times to we need to see Fisher look pathetic in these playoffs to realize this??

PLAY BYNUM MORE.
BadCoaching

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Thu May 21, 2009 9:16 pm

Thank God for Jeff Van Gundy or else everyone watching the game wouldn't see all the terrible calls/no-calls from the refs.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby Slade366 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:16 pm

knm131 wrote:
Slade366 wrote:I'm not real worried about the Lakers losing the series just the NBA is really looking rigged. I mean there is no way that they will not advance Kobe and Lebron. If the Magic can beat the Cavs it would be so great or even if the Lakers could get some fair reffing and end the series in less than 7 games.

Why would they rig it in favor of the Nuggets? The Nugs have never ever reached the NBA finals ever and the NBA stands to gain a lot more by having LA win this series.

So if you believe it is rigged, then the league will rig it in the Lakers favor.

Yeah I defiantly think the Lakers are going to win the series, but the NBA wants to drag it as long as possible.
Slade366

Postby crazykobe24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:17 pm

I don't understand why Phil is constantly forcing Fisher back in the line up. He can't guard anyone and the guy constantly needs help defensively. Fish is not the same player as he use to be and IMO he was the reason to our downfall.
Last edited by crazykobe24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ball1:
crazykobe24

Postby LakerEricR on Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Slade366 wrote:
jays/laker wrote:
LakerEricR wrote:It's amazing as the playoffs go on the refs keep getting worse. With all the players statiionery how can 6 eyes miss JR Smith violate the jump ball. There is no excuse for that. The right thing is to do is for Stern to order a redo with Lakers Ball but of course that won't happen

BUT DENVER DIDN'T WIN THIS GAME!!!

seriously, it seems every game now i am hearing van gundy point out another blown call by the refs.

He pointed out 3 today and when he points something out is seriously wrong. Watch as Cleveland advance and the Lakers advance in 7

How can you justify missing that call WITH ALL 10 PLAYERS JUST STANDING!!! That could have been a 4 point switch aka ball game.
CL's resident Carolina Panther fan
Zune & Xbox Live ID:SBDuckfan

LakerEricR

Postby BadCoaching on Thu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

crazykobe24 wrote:I don't understand why Phil is constantly forcing Fisher back in the line up. He can't guard anyone and the guys constantly needs help defensively. Fish is not the same player as he use to be and IMO he was the reason to our downfall.

No kidding. Look at the one game Fisher was out for suspension, Famar started and they WON BY 40 FREAKING POINTS. Fisher came back the next game and took back starter and THEY LOST.
BadCoaching

Postby basilhayden on Thu May 21, 2009 9:19 pm

TT24 wrote:I may be a bit harsh, but I really want Fish to be gone after this season.

I was happy when he was gone the first time...

Then they bring him back... :bang:
basilhayden

Postby Kobe#2 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:19 pm

I want JVG as coach next season, badly.
Kobe#2

Postby basilhayden on Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 pm

knm131 wrote:
Slade366 wrote:I'm not real worried about the Lakers losing the series just the NBA is really looking rigged. I mean there is no way that they will not advance Kobe and Lebron. If the Magic can beat the Cavs it would be so great or even if the Lakers could get some fair reffing and end the series in less than 7 games.

Why would they rig it in favor of the Nuggets? The Nugs have never ever reached the NBA finals ever and the NBA stands to gain a lot more by having LA win this series.

So if you believe it is rigged, then the league will rig it in the Lakers favor.

...and if they don't? What's that mean?
basilhayden

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu May 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Phil mentioned in the post game that the last play was for Fish, NOT kobe. Go figure.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby doctorsubie on Thu May 21, 2009 9:23 pm

BadCoaching wrote:I'm so tired of seeing Fisher on the floor now he isn't the player he once was and doesn't even belong out there. He made absolutely zero plays the entire game, he misses layups always gets rejected and throws the ball away. It's time to move Famar into his spot and finish the games with a guard who can run the floor and at least finish a layup.

Where in the frick was Bynum??? They needed REBOUNDING at the end of the game.. why was he on the bench? I don't understand either of those positions and why Phil continues to let the Lakers suffer a man down with Fisher in the game. Way to late on the Ariza sub he needed to be in there earlier in the 4th quarter. Why isn't Kobe getting the ball off a screen instead of trying to dribble around 2-3 defenders? Stupid!!!!!!!

Yep...how many fast breaks did Fish blow? 2 on 1, and the best we get are either turnover or free throws, and Ariza going 1 for 2 on it. Also, as Phil mentioned in his press conference, Fish forced quite a few shots by trying to drive to the hole and throwing up some junk, hoping to get a call. If he won't get those calls on his home court, he certainly won't get them in Denver...it's time to BENCH FIsher...Farmar was very productive out there, and he quickened the pace up...
doctorsubie

Postby doctorsubie on Thu May 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Oh, and the only way I'd want to see Fisher back next season is as an assistant coach...because he is clearly past his prime...
doctorsubie

Postby lalfan on Thu May 21, 2009 9:26 pm

BadCoaching wrote:Kobe is the reason fisher plays! He wouldn't even start or be on the team for any reason. Phil needs to stand the hell up and say NO to fisher and put an athlete who isn't passed his prime on the dang floor. How many times to we need to see Fisher look pathetic in these playoffs to realize this??

PLAY BYNUM MORE.

wrong, Phil is part of the problem too. Phil is like some redneck in the south, afraid of trying new stuff and taste unfamiliar food. he sticks with what he's accustom with.
lalfan

Postby crazykobe24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:26 pm

When Sasha sucks, Phil benches him and when Derrick sucks, Phil gives him more minutes. :bang:
:ball1:
crazykobe24

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:27 pm

basilhayden wrote:
TT24 wrote:I may be a bit harsh, but I really want Fish to be gone after this season.

I was happy when he was gone the first time...

Then they bring him back... :bang:

I was happy because he was a huge upgrade from Smuch...but all the foolishness he's been doing is unbelieveable. I won't mind if he retires after this year. Please...
TT24

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:28 pm

crazykobe24 wrote:When Sasha sucks, Phil benches him and when Derrick sucks, Phil gives him more minutes. :bang:

LOL True.
TT24

Postby odom1year on Thu May 21, 2009 9:28 pm

noobiew wrote:Kobe 32 points, 10-20 FG attempt

Anthony 34 points, 12-29 FG attempt

Lebron 49 points, 20-30 FG attempt
odom1year

Postby lalfan on Thu May 21, 2009 9:28 pm

crazykobe24 wrote:When Sasha sucks, Phil benches him and when Derrick sucks, Phil gives him more minutes. :bang:

there you have it, double standard fully in display. the youngsters are not stupid, whenever an authority display double standards, his subordinates immediately lose respect for him. no doubt this is the case for farmar, bynum more or less sasha.
lalfan

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:30 pm

lalfan wrote:
BadCoaching wrote:Kobe is the reason fisher plays! He wouldn't even start or be on the team for any reason. Phil needs to stand the hell up and say NO to fisher and put an athlete who isn't passed his prime on the dang floor. How many times to we need to see Fisher look pathetic in these playoffs to realize this??

PLAY BYNUM MORE.

wrong, Phil is part of the problem too. Phil is like some redneck in the south, afraid of trying new stuff and taste unfamiliar food. he sticks with what he's accustom with.

I agree. When Phil leave LA, I hope we get a coach who is defensive minded, calls timeouts at the right time, and take out the damn players who's struggling and put in players that brings us energy and gives us the damn lead!!!!!!!!!
TT24

Postby lalfan on Thu May 21, 2009 9:30 pm

omg, i just realized Bynum wasn't hurt in the 2nd half. i was hoping he was hurt therefore Phil didn't play him in the 2nd half, Phil can't be this ignorant and stupid i thought. but i thought wrong, phil is ruining this team, someone in the front office gotta step in NOW. Jennie Buss? there are better guys out there and you're still young, you bf is ruining you daddy's only money making machine right in front your eyes.
lalfan

Postby LakerEricR on Thu May 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Kobe#2 wrote:I want JVG as coach next season, badly.

Or at least in charge of overseeing the officials.
CL's resident Carolina Panther fan
Zune & Xbox Live ID:SBDuckfan

LakerEricR

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday