Thr. 5/21 - Lakers vs. DEN - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Thr. 5/21 - Lakers vs. DEN - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu May 21, 2009 9:31 pm

odom1year wrote:
noobiew wrote:Kobe 32 points, 10-20 FG attempt

Anthony 34 points, 12-29 FG attempt

Lebron 49 points, 20-30 FG attempt

What does Lebron have to do with this. He didn't play in this game. :freak2:
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby lalfan on Thu May 21, 2009 9:34 pm

LakerEricR wrote:
Kobe#2 wrote:I want JVG as coach next season, badly.

Or at least in charge of overseeing the officials.

JVG will bring instant intensity to that bench and he will play the best players on any given night. i wrote a thread during the Houston series, Staples fans should start chanting Jeff Van Gundy, right in front of Phil when he's pulling this kind of crap like tonight.
lalfan

Postby halekulani on Thu May 21, 2009 9:34 pm

i wonder if we get a public apology with the botched call just as the mavs did.
halekulani

Postby Lakers3peat on Thu May 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Heavier Than Heaven wrote:Thank God for Jeff Van Gundy or else everyone watching the game wouldn't see all the terrible calls/no-calls from the refs.

no i think that a 11-6 foul advantage IN ONE QUARTER is a bit blatant
Lakers3peat

Postby lalfan on Thu May 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Lakers3peat wrote:
Heavier Than Heaven wrote:Thank God for Jeff Van Gundy or else everyone watching the game wouldn't see all the terrible calls/no-calls from the refs.

no i think that a 11-6 foul advantage IN ONE QUARTER is a bit blatant

Billups was able to penetrate at will, but other the other hand, all Kobe and the Lakers could do is shoot from the perimeter, they couldn't even make a simple post entry pass w/o the ball been deflected.
lalfan

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Did LA EVER get homecourst calls in the playoffs yet? I don't remember....
TT24

Postby jayy_zee on Thu May 21, 2009 9:43 pm

TT24 wrote:Did LA EVER get homecourst calls in the playoffs yet? I don't remember....

they did the first half, just not the 2nd especially in the 4th quarter.
jayy_zee

Postby crazykobe24 on Thu May 21, 2009 9:49 pm

I say we fire Phil Jackson and and make Derrick Fisher our head coach. LOL!
:ball1:
crazykobe24

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 10:10 pm

crazykobe24 wrote:I say we fire Phil Jackson and and make Derrick Fisher our head coach. LOL!

I don't want Derek having NO PART in this team.
TT24

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu May 21, 2009 10:25 pm

double negative ftw.

in all seriousness, let's check the ol boxscore:
Fisher - can't shoot to save his life, can't play defense so he has a lot of fouls
Sasha - 4 shots in 6 minutes, not only is he selfish, but he can't even make the shots he takes (most are wide-open)
Luke - probably the least offensive of all 3 box scores, but we all saw him failing to guard kleiza for 3 after momentum-changing 3

to me, all in all that spells out G-A-R-B-A-G-E. imo, these guys shouldn't play at all and the rest of the players should just take the burden and the extra minutes. it's not even that hard to distribute those minutes to players we have who CAN produce.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 10:28 pm

fklukewalton wrote:double negative ftw.

in all seriousness, let's check the ol boxscore:
Fisher - can't shoot to save his life, can't play defense so he has a lot of fouls
Sasha - 4 shots in 6 minutes, not only is he selfish, but he can't even make the shots he takes (most are wide-open)
Luke - probably the least offensive of all 3 box scores, but we all saw him failing to guard kleiza for 3 after momentum-changing 3

to me, all in all that spells out G-A-R-B-A-G-E. imo, these guys shouldn't play at all and the rest of the players should just take the burden and the extra minutes. it's not even that hard to distribute those minutes to players we have who CAN produce.

Well, at the end of the day, Sasha didn't have an effect on the game, Luke and Fish did. Not trying to stick up for him, but Luke was the only one who defended Kleiza, and look at his stats. And I don't even want to talk about Fish.
TT24

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu May 21, 2009 10:31 pm

i disagree. you're missing the fact that every one of those shots by vujacic could have extended our 14 pt lead into a demoralizing lead had someone else made a shot, but instead it just left the nuggets with chance after chance to get back in the game. i don't think you could call what luke did on kleiza "defense" ... more like "i'm gonna run at you from 4 feet away after you've already shot the ball cuz i got lost on defense again."
Last edited by lakersyunowin on Thu May 21, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby lalfan on Thu May 21, 2009 10:33 pm

say what' you want with Sasha, i think it's all mental with Sasha and i have no doubt Phil plays a role in it, we just don't know the whole story. eventually, his shooting touches will come back. Fisher on the other hand is both mental and physical. his legs are tired, therefore his high arching jump shots are not falling right now, and that leads him to press the issue on the court instead of just playing his role, hence the forced shots and one man breaks, etc. well, Luke is Luke, i'm in minority here, Luke has his value on this team, he needs to play with a dominant big man on the court at the same time. when Bynum was doing good prior to his injury, Luke was playing very well be the table setter. w/o a big man, running a Kobe dominant offense with other four guy spreading out, that's not Luke's game, you can't fault him that, it's all on the coach.
lalfan

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 10:34 pm

fklukewalton wrote:i disagree. you're missing the fact that every one of those shots by vujacic could have extended our 14 pt lead had someone else made a shot, but instead it just left the nuggets with chance after chance to get back in the game. i don't think you could call what luke did on kleiza "defense" more like i'm gonna run at you from 4 feet away after you've already lost the ball cuz i got lost on defense again.

Still, in the end, he didn't have an effect. We got another lead and lost it. If Pau knocked down his freebies, we probably would have won. But things like Kleiza, the refs, Fish, and Phil's decision making cost us the game. Of course Sasha's shots would have been great, but other factors cost us this game.
TT24

Postby TT24 on Thu May 21, 2009 10:38 pm

lalfan wrote:say what' you want with Sasha, i think it's all mental with Sasha and i have no doubt Phil plays a role in it, we just don't know the whole story. eventually, his shooting touches will come back. Fisher on the other hand is both mental and physical. his legs are tired, therefore his high arching jump shots are not falling right now, and that leads him to press the issue on the court instead of just playing his role, hence the forced shots and one man breaks, etc. well, Luke is Luke, i'm in minority here, Luke has his value on this team, he needs to play with a dominant big man on the court at the same time. when Bynum was doing good prior to his injury, Luke was playing very well be the table setter. w/o a big man, running a Kobe dominant offense with other four guy spreading out, that's not Luke's game, you can't fault him that, it's all on the coach.

I think Sasha will back next year, even though we need him now. Luke did show he can be valuable to us, but my gosh! KLEIZA?! And FIsh.... :man6:
TT24

Postby BadCoaching on Fri May 22, 2009 1:43 am

I cannot flippin' believe , still hours later, that they do not use Bynum. He would have snatched at least 4 of those late 4th quarter defensive rebounds the nuggets kept getting because Gasol gets man handled like a 12yr old girl. Not to mention the 3-4 possessions where the lakers missed multiple put backs he'd have most likely rebounded and dunked/put them in himself. They expect him to perform but don't even let him get into a groove. Let the guh' darn kid play for FK sake. I'm so sick of Luke walton waddling around out there 12 steps behind his assignment, I'm so sick of fisher sucking balls and I'm seriously going to barf if I see Farmar sit on the bench wasted another game... let alone, another season. He'd be rockin a starter role in any other team in the NBA almost and probably with sick stats. Instead Fisher goes out there like a troll warrior with cement feet puttin' up brick after brick. I swear Luke/Sasha/Fisher could rebuild the twin towers with as many bricks as they've put up this season/playoffs.

BLAH. Such a waste tonight. Kobe just go for 100 points I'm sick of watching the rest of the team lose lead after lead because of Phil's blind stupidity.
BadCoaching

Postby benga on Fri May 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Fish, Sasha and Luke need to get the f away of the floor, put Farmar in the starting 5, get Powell and Morrison into rotation instead of Sasha and Luke, give Drew some real minutes, and we got a championship team again, that's it... And next year get a real coach
benga

Postby Sgt. Pepper on Fri May 22, 2009 9:20 pm

BadCoaching wrote:I cannot flippin' believe , still hours later, that they do not use Bynum. He would have snatched at least 4 of those late 4th quarter defensive rebounds the nuggets kept getting because Gasol gets man handled like a 12yr old girl. Not to mention the 3-4 possessions where the lakers missed multiple put backs he'd have most likely rebounded and dunked/put them in himself. They expect him to perform but don't even let him get into a groove. Let the guh' darn kid play for FK sake. I'm so sick of Luke walton waddling around out there 12 steps behind his assignment, I'm so sick of fisher sucking balls and I'm seriously going to barf if I see Farmar sit on the bench wasted another game... let alone, another season. He'd be rockin a starter role in any other team in the NBA almost and probably with sick stats. Instead Fisher goes out there like a troll warrior with cement feet puttin' up brick after brick. I swear Luke/Sasha/Fisher could rebuild the twin towers with as many bricks as they've put up this season/playoffs.

BLAH. Such a waste tonight. Kobe just go for 100 points I'm sick of watching the rest of the team lose lead after lead because of Phil's blind stupidity.

Hahahaha. I have to say, as mad as I was about the game, I really appreciated this comment. Not only was it comedic, but it was almost a double pun.
Sgt. Pepper

Postby Don 10 15 83 on Sat May 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Wrong forum.
Last edited by Don 10 15 83 on Sat May 23, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don 10 15 83

Postby Don 10 15 83 on Sat May 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Wrong forum.
Last edited by Don 10 15 83 on Sat May 23, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don 10 15 83

Postby Don 10 15 83 on Sat May 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Wrong forum.
Don 10 15 83

Postby jjin28 on Sat May 23, 2009 7:43 pm

What the F is up with this atrocious officiationg. And, everybody not named kobe playin like crap.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby UncLaker on Sat May 23, 2009 7:48 pm

yuk
UNC Lakers

Mitch Kupchak,Bob McAdoo, James Worthy, Rick Fox, Sam Perkins,
JR Reid, Shammond Williams,George Lynch, Charlie Scott,
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_North_Carolina_players_went_to_the_NBA_dont_forget_Brandon_Wright

"that guy has the best NO PASS look in the game today"
"If ya dont practice Defense, You cant practice winning"

"Antawn Jamison in Purple and Gold please"
UncLaker

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday