Thr. 5/14 - Lakers @ Houston - Game 6 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Thr. 5/14 - Lakers @ Houston - Game 6 - Predictions/Comments

Postby followwind on Thu May 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Showtime is Magic wrote:
followwind wrote:
Showtime is Magic wrote:I'm going to watch Game 7 on mute. I'm so SICK of JVG and Jackson! [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]

Because they are telling the absolutely truth?

I mean seriously man, they deserve to get blasted.

Jackson is bipolar. The guy changes his mind every day. Every announcer does. Stick to your pick or don't.

How can you blame him after 2 gutless, effortless and just flat out lazy performances by the supposingly mighty Lakers?

I was surprised he didn't jump the damn ship after game 4.
followwind

Postby crazykobe24 on Thu May 14, 2009 9:39 pm

Where is the F@#KIN HEART!?!? F@#K!!!! You never want a 7th game. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
:ball1:
crazykobe24

Postby leftymo on Thu May 14, 2009 9:40 pm

LakeShow09 wrote:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:Was it just me or did Brooks just say that they had no chance to win this series but that they would still keep playing?

He knows their lucky shots won't go in in LA. All they do it drive, throw up a crap shot, it goes in.. lucky bastards

All it took was a lucky shot (ralph sampson)... in 1986.

LA has shown its true colors. They will need to rebuild the team a little bit. Re-tool.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Postby revgen on Thu May 14, 2009 9:40 pm

1) While I'm extremely disappointed that we lost this game, at least we didn't stink as bad as we did in game 4. There was more effort tonight. However, we still made the same horrible decisions that we made in game 4. We must improve our decision-making on both ends of the court and bring the effort too if we're going to win this series.

2) Phil should have kept playing Bynum. When Bynum is on the floor, our defense is immensely better. And when your team is down, defense is the only way your team is going to come back. Even when the Rockets did score while Bynum was in there, the shots were much tougher.
Last edited by revgen on Thu May 14, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby dj vitus on Thu May 14, 2009 9:40 pm

Let's just relax and win all our home games. Oh wait, here comes Cleveland...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu May 14, 2009 9:41 pm

I KNEW THIS SITE WERE FULL OF BANDWAGON FANS. REAL FANS EXAMPLE: CLIPPER AND KNCKS FANS. STAND BEHIND THER TEAMS NO MATTER WHAT. SOME OF YOU LAKER FANS ARE SPOILED, ARROGANT AND SELFISH. EVEN ABOUT THE GAMES WE WIN, KEEP JUMPING SHIP. I DON'T SEE ANYONE ON HERE BLASTING BOSTON FOR GOING 7 GAMES WITH THE BULLS, AND 7 GAMES WITH ORLANDO, AND THEY HAVE FAR MORE TALENT THEN BOTH TEAMS EVEN WTHOUT K.G.

IF WE END UP WINNING IT ALL THS SEASON I''M COMING BACK AND MAKING SURE GET IN SOME OF YOU GUY'S GRILLS ABOUT IT.
Jazzygirl205

Postby SanchoPanda on Thu May 14, 2009 9:41 pm

SanchoPanda wrote:I'm not watching game 7, lakers don't care enough to show up then I don't either.
SanchoPanda

Postby purp n gold on Thu May 14, 2009 9:42 pm

i blame this loss completely on pau
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby LakeShow09 on Thu May 14, 2009 9:43 pm

leftymo wrote:
LakeShow09 wrote:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:Was it just me or did Brooks just say that they had no chance to win this series but that they would still keep playing?

He knows their lucky shots won't go in in LA. All they do it drive, throw up a crap shot, it goes in.. lucky bastards

All it took was a lucky shot (ralph sampson)... in 1986.

LA has shown its true colors. They will need to rebuild the team a little bit. Re-tool.

I remember that painful night :man6: :man6: :man6:
LakeShow09

Postby leftymo on Thu May 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I KNEW THIS SITE WERE FULL OF BANDWAGON FANS. REAL FANS EXAMPLE: CLIPPER AND KNCKS FANS. STAND BEHIND THER TEAMS NO MATTER WHAT. SOME OF YOU LAKER FANS ARE SPOILED, ARROGANT AND SELFISH. EVEN ABOUT THE GAMES WE WIN, KEEP JUMPING SHIP. I DON'T SEE ANYONE ON HERE BLASTING BOSTON FOR GOING 7 GAMES WITH THE BULLS, AND 7 GAMES WITH ORLANDO, AND THEY HAVE FAR MORE TALENT THEN BOTH TEAMS EVEN WTHOUT K.G.

IF WE END UP WINNING IT ALL THS SEASON I''M COMING BACK AND MAKING SURE GET IN SOME OF YOU GUY'S GRILLS ABOUT IT.

Relax Jazzygirl: We are true Laker fans. I stand by this team. But this team isn't a championship team and it needs to be changed. That's all. Nothing bad with that. They have too much youth not enough experience and loaded with soft players that don't play defense. Bynum is still developing and our bigs are getting crushed by their bigs. I welcome the change that is coming from the Lakers management this off-season, which includes perhaps a coaching change.

You can stand by your team but nobody said you have to be blind to their weaknesses.
leftymo

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Thu May 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I KNEW THIS SITE WERE FULL OF BANDWAGON FANS. REAL FANS EXAMPLE: CLIPPER AND KNCKS FANS. STAND BEHIND THER TEAMS NO MATTER WHAT. SOME OF YOU LAKER FANS ARE SPOILED, ARROGANT AND SELFISH. EVEN ABOUT THE GAMES WE WIN, KEEP JUMPING SHIP. I DON'T SEE ANYONE ON HERE BLASTING BOSTON FOR GOING 7 GAMES WITH THE BULLS, AND 7 GAMES WITH ORLANDO, AND THEY HAVE FAR MORE TALENT THEN BOTH TEAMS EVEN WTHOUT K.G.

People aren't allowed to be upset after a horrifyingly terrible loss?
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby SanchoPanda on Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 pm

Bandwagon fans don't care if there team loses or wins. They just move on to the next one.
SanchoPanda

Postby leftymo on Thu May 14, 2009 9:46 pm

purp n gold wrote:i blame this loss completely on pau

Ariza again with his lazy play to start.

Maybe the problem is that Phil was never able to have a set rotation...

Fisher shouldn't be starting, Ariza shouldn't be starting...

Bynum plays horribly...

so confusing... coaching has a huge part in this.
leftymo

Postby milkmandan on Thu May 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Last edited by milkmandan on Thu May 14, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milkmandan

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Thu May 14, 2009 9:46 pm

LakeShow09 wrote:

Lakers could have won THIS game if they came out in the first quarter the same way they did in the third.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby jays/laker on Thu May 14, 2009 9:46 pm

didnt think it was possible but i am starting to hate houston more than the celtics. i just want this damn series over!!!!!!!! with a lakers win of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jays/laker

Postby 8+24= Magic on Thu May 14, 2009 9:47 pm

thisbjgz wrote:
8+24= Magic wrote:LOL MARC JACKSON JUST JUMPED SHIP!!!!!

talking about jumping ship?

i can go back 2 pages back and you're all over Lebron's crotch. not to mention your nick is "8+24=Magic" Quite pathetic, no?

HAHA WHO THE HELL ARE U!!! I NVR JUMPED SHIP!! I SAID "LEBRON COME TO OUR TEAM CUZ U ARE A BETTER COACH THAN PHIL (HE IS) AND A BETTER PLAYER THAN KOBE (HE IS). SUM OF US WERE LAKERS FANS BEFORE KOBE CAME TO THE TEAM U KNOW??? YEA HARD TO IMAGIN , BUT KOBE ONCE WAS NOT IN THIS TEAM. DID U KNOW THAT?

IT IS VERY FRUSTRASTING FOR THE BEST TEAM, WITH THE MOST TALENT PLAY LIKE SUCH CRAP. A LOT OF THIS FALLS ON OUR LEADER! NOT PHIL, BUT KOBE! IF U DON'T THINK THAT LEBRON HAD THE SQUAD THAT KOBE HAD AND WE SWEEP ALL 4 SERIES TO THE FINALS, THEN UR CRAZY.

THIS IS THE LAST, BEST CHANCE FOR KOBE TO WIN IT ALL. NEXT YR QUESTION MARKS ON ARIZA, BROWN, ODOM, AND KOBE GETS OLDER AND LOSES ANOTHER STEP OF COURSE.
8+24= Magic

Postby shoe on Thu May 14, 2009 9:48 pm

The end of that 3rd quarter was unreal

Lakers were playing good D and the rockets kept making every shot...i couldn't believe it

Felt like they made like 5 straight shots and we actually were hustling and playing D for that stretch

Oh well....game 7.....bring your A game LA!!!!
shoe

Postby leftymo on Thu May 14, 2009 9:48 pm

SanchoPanda wrote:Bandwagon fans don't care if there team loses or wins. They just move on to the next one.

great post.

the ones that care are upset and post on message boards expressing their frustration.

the ones that don't aren't even on the boards...they are like whatevers...
leftymo

Postby AlleyoOp2KOBE on Thu May 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Man I am so disappointed. I was really looking for Kobe to step up big time tonight.
AlleyoOp2KOBE

Postby Slade366 on Thu May 14, 2009 9:48 pm

SanchoPanda wrote:Bandwagon fans don't care if there team loses or wins. They just move on to the next one.

:jam2: Were all pissed. That's what makes us true fans. Leftymo you and Karacha are my favorite members :tongue1:
Last edited by Slade366 on Thu May 14, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slade366

Postby jays/laker on Thu May 14, 2009 9:50 pm

shoe wrote:The end of that 3rd quarter was unreal

Lakers were playing good D and the rockets kept making every shot...i couldn't believe it

Felt like they made like 5 straight shots and we actually were hustling and playing D for that stretch

Oh well....game 7.....bring your A game LA!!!!

no joke. It was so dishearting to see great defense turn in some damn lucky shot by houston. then to see crappy officiating in the 4th derail us. :bang: :bang: :bang:
jays/laker

Postby leftymo on Thu May 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Keep your heads up laker fans...

Last year's champion lost 10 games...

in the playoffs.

Lakers have only lost 4.
leftymo

Postby KO-mvp-BE on Thu May 14, 2009 9:51 pm

you're right, i'm thinking this for a long time...
i don't speak for all laker-fans, but the 'fans' on this messageboard aren't real fans.

maybe it's a different mentality in america, i don't know.. but here in europe we stick with our team without bashing each and every player after every loss
"We're witnessing true greatness. It's a rare opportunity to see a guy perform at this level." - Pacers coach Rick Carlisle about Kobe Bryant

KO-mvp-BE

Postby jays/laker on Thu May 14, 2009 9:53 pm

KO-mvp-BE wrote:

you're right, i'm thinking this for a long time...
i don't speak for all laker-fans, but the 'fans' on this messageboard aren't real fans.

maybe it's a different mentality in america, i don't know.. but here in europe we stick with our team without bashing each and every player after every loss

i bleed purple and gold. so dont come on here and say the fans on this board arent real fans. there are a lot of real fans here.
jays/laker

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday