Thr. 6/11 - Lakers @ Orlando - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Thr. 6/11 - Lakers @ Orlando - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby laakers on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:00 pm

NWLakerfan wrote:OK, maybe not an ALL TIME comeback (16 pts down in the Gahden in '87 game 4 comes to mind), but for us to pull this game out when it was all but lost, I'm just EFFING stunned.. Key to the game IMO was that 3rd quarter, getting the lead, getting us back in the game.. And then FISH took the game over, period..

Whatever, it's a MF'ing W, and we got ONE MORE till we get #15.. All haters can gnaw on my nads for a week and a half.

agreed hahaha....

goddamn... in the postgame interview they should had kobe, fish, and trevor. trevor was the one who brought us back in the game.
laakers

Postby NWLakerfan on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:01 pm

leftymo wrote:
NWLakerfan wrote:Are you EFFING kidding me? Wow.. Just got off the phone with my cousin and one of my bros down in SoCal, so I been busy... But motherEFF me into next week!!! That game was LOST, and we pulled it outta our azz.. DFish FTW, all day long.. I cussed him out on that turnover in the fourth and wish him death and destruction, but he totally REDEEEMED himself.. Christ.. What a game, all time comeback win in the history of this franchise.. Beer is flowing REAL easily right now..

i was all doom and gloom, and sorta missed the fish shot b/c guests came over...

now i'm ecstatic!

I had a feeling game 4 would be tough but LA would win it. Its so much like 08 boston and 00 lakers its not even funny...

we are going to be champs...

celebration weekend!

I'll tell you what bro, the straight MF'ing truth.. As soon as Howard got fouled, I gave the remote out in the living room (46" LCD, surround sound, etc) to the wife, went to the computer room to watch the rest, pretty much conceded the W.. In the time it took me to take a leak and grab another beer and flip on the other TV, Howard had bricked both FT's... So I see us down three, just in time to see Fish hit the 3 to tie it, go EFFING crazy.. And then went right back out into the living room and took over the TV/surround sound out there for OT.. And we PULLED THAT GAME OUTTA OUR AZZZZZZ!! What a W.. As big as game 4 vs Indy in 2000, gave us a huge cushion, JUST IN CASE we choke it out in game 5.. But let's hope not.. I'm flowing on many Bud Lights, and now well into a 12er of Blue Moon, and I'm feelin' GOOOOOD..

WE WIN, WE WIN!!!!! HATERS CAN EFF THE EFF OFF!!!
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
NWLakerfan

Postby What Is Love on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Leftymo didn't you say earlier that Kobe would have to give the ball up to a another player in order to win a Finals game?...He must've seen your post :bow:
You can't beat L.A.
What Is Love

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:16 pm

When ever Lakers are in a crucial posoition or the other team has possession or free throws in the clutch, I always back away and sit or walk around far away from the TV...got to see Dwight brick two free throws.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby knm131 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:20 pm

Furious Laker wrote:
8+24= Magic wrote:
Furious Laker wrote:How much you wanna bet they call a foul?

How much u wanna bet i would kill u in Real life if I ever saw ur face?

Suggestion. Bring a lot of friends.

I can't stand Furious Laker, but what 8+24=Magic just said is a bannable offense and I hope a mod notices it.
knm131

Postby rtrt2889 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Magic fans will talk about that elbow to Nelson's face. They will ignore the fact that the Lakers has NO freethrow attempls in the entire 4th quarter. I guess the Magics didn't pay the refs good enough..

This reminds me of the goal tending in game 2.

Guess what, Lakers Win!! so I guess it doesn't matter.
rtrt2889

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Incredible and gutsy win. :jam2:

Magic can talk about the elbow all they want - Kobe didn't even see Jamer until he turned and was already raising the ball. What was ridiculous was how Howard was allowed to push and elbow Pau all night long on rebounds.

AND THE MOST BLATANT THING I HAVE seen in any game in years -- the ref counting when Turkolu was inbounding. EIGHT SECONDS -- not 5, not 6, not even 7. so blatant. That and all the free throws, the Magic need to shut up. Bottom line, Dwight makes one of those with 11 seconds and the game is over.

Last point -- stop with the Kobe' doesn't deserve MVP. He has not been the best closer, granted, but he has made huge shots in the first, third, and early fourth quarters to keep us close. He has scored more points than any other player in the series. Has more assists than any other player in the series. Made ALL of his free throws tonight. And has more minutes played than any other player. THAT IS YOUR MVP. Shut up.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby revgen on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:07 pm

"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:18 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Incredible and gutsy win. :jam2:

Magic can talk about the elbow all they want - Kobe didn't even see Jamer until he turned and was already raising the ball. What was ridiculous was how Howard was allowed to push and elbow Pau all night long on rebounds.

AND THE MOST BLATANT THING I HAVE seen in any game in years -- the ref counting when Turkolu was inbounding. EIGHT SECONDS -- not 5, not 6, not even 7. so blatant. That and all the free throws, the Magic need to shut up. Bottom line, Dwight makes one of those with 11 seconds and the game is over.

Last point -- stop with the Kobe' doesn't deserve MVP. He has not been the best closer, granted, but he has made huge shots in the first, third, and early fourth quarters to keep us close. He has scored more points than any other player in the series. Has more assists than any other player in the series. Made ALL of his free throws tonight. And has more minutes played than any other player. THAT IS YOUR MVP. Shut up.

THANK YOU!!! People in here saying he almost blew us the game, he actually redeemed himself to me when he made those consecutive shots in OT nd the right plays at the end to his teammates people relaly need to stop.
Jazzygirl205

Postby TurkaWho on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Blonde Girl Orlando Magic Fan dying for some TV attention behind the sportscasters takes a dive during game 4.  And her friends don't even notice... fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL-l3kIo0Rc
TurkaWho

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:30 pm

NWLakerfan wrote:Are you EFFING kidding me? Wow.. Just got off the phone with my cousin and one of my bros down in SoCal, so I been busy... But motherEFF me into next week!!! That game was LOST, and we pulled it outta our azz.. DFish FTW, all day long.. I cussed him out on that turnover in the fourth and wish him death and destruction, but he totally REDEEEMED himself.. Christ.. What a game, all time comeback win in the history of this franchise.. Beer is flowing REAL easily right now..

^^^ Just a totally awesome and honest post and I am so with you NW!! Fish's no passing has been driving me insane all post season and I've had my share of cussing him out but I'll always love the guy! Even when ragging on him! What a glorious win. One of the most insane I've ever seen. First half was sheer ugliness with the officiating nightmare, but damn we pulled of the W!! SWEET! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Aimee on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:47 am

Derek Fisher is a motherfreaking god! I know people get down on him but you know what when he came to LA you could just feel things kinda click into place, no more having to deal with Smush and his poor attitude, we needed Derek back and I don't know that we would be in this position if we did not have him, he might not be the greatest but man he always gives his best and never ever makes excuses when they play badly. Let us be thankful that we have him and that at least tonight he put us on top!
Aimee

Postby WIN4CHICK on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:21 am

What a game. I think this game shows why it is Phil Jackson has so much confidence in Fish. I don't think Farmer would have been able to pull off what Fish did tonight. Other than Kobe there's no other Laker I want shooting a clutch shot. I'm so happy and still can't believe the Lakers pulled the rabbit out of the hat. I'm glad that Dwight Howard takes free throw lessons from Nick Anderson as well.

Go Lakers bring on Championship #15
WIN4CHICK

Postby DivineIcez on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:03 am

I learned, never put your "reserves" (fyi Dj mBenga and josh powell) in.
DivineIcez

Postby emYu on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:43 am

revgen wrote:Image

brilliant :D :D
emYu

Postby Slade366 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:42 pm

DivineIcez wrote:I learned, never put your "reserves" (fyi Dj mBenga and josh powell) in.

If we didn't put the reserves in Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum would have been sitting down in overtime.
Slade366

Postby karacha on Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:50 am

Game 5! Game 5! Game 5!
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:06 pm

karacha wrote:Game 5! Game 5! Game 5!
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:01 pm

let's put this one away fellas