Anaheim, CA
Thur. Oct. 23
7:30 p.m.
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031023/LACLAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031023/LACLAL/boxscore.html

Clippers - 107
Lakers - 101

Kobe Debuts, but Lakers Lose
Kobe Bryant made his preseason debut after recovering from knee surgery, but the Lakers fell to the Clippers 107-101 in preseason action Thursday. Shaquille O'Neal led the way with 18 points, Gary Payton added 17 and Bryant scored 15.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:24 pm

Kobe's playing! YEAH!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GaNgStA on Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:16 pm

yep :bow:

kobes ganna score over 20 points i could say that
GaNgStA

Postby BDG on Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:17 pm

In 5-10 mins? I don't think so!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GaNgStA on Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:20 pm

5-10 doesnt mean ne thing if phill sees he could play good he will put more mins and prolly will get atleast 15-25 mins!!
GaNgStA

Postby LeXiCoN on Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:22 pm

kobe can get 20 in 5 min EASILY....hes the greatest player ever...remember guys :bow:
LeXiCoN

Postby BDG on Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:24 pm

GaNgStA wrote:5-10 doesnt mean ne thing if phill sees he could play good he will put more mins and prolly will get atleast 15-25 mins!!
True, but he may not want to push Kobe... guess we'll wait and see eh?

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby smilez on Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:42 pm

The next two games are going to be national televised right. :jam2:
smilez

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:46 pm

I hope Phil makes tha lakers ACTUALLY play today...i dont want him puttin in those damn scrubs again...i HATE whenever that happens its PAINFUL watchin tha lakers get trashed
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:22 am

I hope Kobe's playing.. He was supposed to play last game, but I doubt he will even play, even if the media says he will.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Shaq Fan on Tue Oct 21, 2003 12:10 pm

Here is how I think it will happen Kobe and Shaq will play. And K. will play more then just 5 min.

Shaq---16pts. 7for13 and then 2for5 from the line. 13 rebs. 22min

K-man---7pts. 2for3 and then 3for3 from the line. 12 rebs. 24 min.

Dev.----14pts. 4for9>2for2 3pt/fg and then 4for5 from the line. 2 rebs 21min.

Kobe---13pts. 5for7>1for1 3pt/fg and then 2for4 from the line. 1reb. 17min.

GP---10pts. 5for6>0for1 3pt/fg and then 0for0 from the line. 11 ast. 24 min.

Leading scorer: Derek Fisher--- 21 pts. 7for13>6for8 3pt/fg and then 1for1 from the line. 3rebs.

This is my predictions

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:17 pm

Okay, first of all, let me comment. Y'all may disagree me for saying this, but this game is gonna be DOWN to the WIRE. I mean it, no laughing matter. You may think it's just the Clips, but based on their performance compared to ours in the preseason games, it seems like they are playing more sound and skilled. I'll admit, we did get a lot of raw shots and turnovers while abusing our beloved "offense", even with our HOFs and our mastermind coach. It was just ugly to see the Cavs whoop us like that. I swear. Hope it doesn't happen again with the Clips. The Clips may have their injured returning, AKA Brand and Kaman, the undead, and begotten Glen Rice. They have a nice mix with young and old, even Polynice in the mix. It's an electric hard working team with Dunleavy as the coach in the fold. I just have to let the players know that they can't take a day off today. This is still a game, and games are games, the Clips are gonna force a loss, but if we have the right mix of talent and patience, oh yes patience, we are gonna win this game. All we need are some guys who can step it up and play some good D for once. Jannero Pargo needs to stop ballhogging and taking ill-advised shots. Eric Chenowith needs to stop looking lackadaisical on the court--on both ends. This team is talent, but talent doesn't mesh together without experience.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:20 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Okay, first of all, let me comment. Y'all may disagree me for saying this, but this game is gonna be DOWN to the WIRE. I mean it, no laughing matter. You may think it's just the Clips, but based on their performance compared to ours in the preseason games, it seems like they are playing more sound and skilled. I'll admit, we did get a lot of raw shots and turnovers while abusing our beloved "offense", even with our HOFs and our mastermind coach. It was just ugly to see the Cavs whoop us like that. I swear. Hope it doesn't happen again with the Clips. The Clips may have their injured returning, AKA Brand and Kaman, the undead, and begotten Glen Rice. They have a nice mix with young and old, even Polynice in the mix. It's an electric hard working team with Dunleavy as the coach in the fold. I just have to let the players know that they can't take a day off today. This is still a game, and games are games, the Clips are gonna force a loss, but if we have the right mix of talent and patience, oh yes patience, we are gonna win this game. All we need are some guys who can step it up and play some good D for once. Jannero Pargo needs to stop ballhogging and taking ill-advised shots. Eric Chenowith needs to stop looking lackadaisical on the court--on both ends. This team is talent, but talent doesn't mesh together without experience.
Last year they beat us at the buzzer if I remember correctly.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:32 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Okay, first of all, let me comment. Y'all may disagree me for saying this, but this game is gonna be DOWN to the WIRE. I mean it, no laughing matter. You may think it's just the Clips, but based on their performance compared to ours in the preseason games, it seems like they are playing more sound and skilled. I'll admit, we did get a lot of raw shots and turnovers while abusing our beloved "offense", even with our HOFs and our mastermind coach. It was just ugly to see the Cavs whoop us like that. I swear. Hope it doesn't happen again with the Clips. The Clips may have their injured returning, AKA Brand and Kaman, the undead, and begotten Glen Rice. They have a nice mix with young and old, even Polynice in the mix. It's an electric hard working team with Dunleavy as the coach in the fold. I just have to let the players know that they can't take a day off today. This is still a game, and games are games, the Clips are gonna force a loss, but if we have the right mix of talent and patience, oh yes patience, we are gonna win this game. All we need are some guys who can step it up and play some good D for once. Jannero Pargo needs to stop ballhogging and taking ill-advised shots. Eric Chenowith needs to stop looking lackadaisical on the court--on both ends. This team is talent, but talent doesn't mesh together without experience.

very good observation...i think it'll go down tha wire too...i jus dont like pargo anymore...i used to like him but i jus cant stand him anymore...
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:59 pm

Kobe to start on Thurs!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1644427

It's time... I can't wait... I really can't...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:01 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Kobe to start on Thurs!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1644427

It's time... I can't wait... I really can't...

YES!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:05 pm

Do you realize this could be one of the most watched games in Leauge history?

Everybody who didn't know Kobe Bryant will now watch just to see how he will play with the sexual assult charge. Even if they wern't fans, they WILL watch it.

Plus, all the fans of the NBA will watch. The spotlight won't be on him more, but you no what, he's going to take all of his frusteration out on the court for the whole season. Expect Kobe to be extremly aggresive tommorow and more and more aggresive as the season progresses.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:08 pm

This game isn't national TV though eh? That sucks.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:10 pm

Ahhh good point. Then just take what I said and apply it to the Laker's season opener (which WILL be nationally televised).
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:18 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Ahhh good point. Then just take what I said and apply it to the Laker's season opener (which WILL be nationally televised).
Oh yeah, it's gonna be on and poppin'

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:38 pm

Actually you guys....this game is NATIONALLY televised :man13: as on TNT on Thursday nights.

Trust me, I should know...cause I have to keep tabs on these kind of things seeing how I go to school up north and I don't have KCAL like you spoiled SO-Cal people...I'm so jealous :mad1: Anyways, the Lakers last two preseason games will be nationally televised.

10/23 - 7:30PM Clippers vs. Lakers on TNT...there could be a pregame show at 7:00 but I really don't know

10/24 - 4:30PM Pregame Show on ESPN followed by Rockets at San Antonio at 5:00PM and then the Queens vs. Lakers at 7:30PM

So I'm real happy and looking forward to SEEING Kobe in his first 2 games back. The Fearsome 4some will be on court together for the whole world to see :man9: I can't wait!!!!!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:43 pm

Amen

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:53 pm

Well then... Like I said, this may be the most watched game in leauge history.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:56 pm

AMEN...and to think that this game would have been a blowout already...hope we get to see highlight reels here :man13:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:00 pm

Yes it's going to be very interesting...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday