Thu. 4/23 - Lakers @ Utah - Game3 - Predictions & Comments

Re: Thu. 4/23 - Lakers @ Utah - Game3 - Predictions & Comments

Postby kray28 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:36 pm

I swear though, when Barkley said in the pre-game that we'd win....I knew it was the kiss of death, and even said so to my wife. If Chuckles picks you to win, you are toast, at least for that night.
kray28

Postby shoe on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:36 pm

bottom line

dissapointed, but not worried
shoe

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Furious D wrote:Kobe and co. were obviously spooked by the Utah crowd. I think its hilarious when kobe says that atmosphere actually calms him and keeps him focused when it obviously got to him.

Were they really? I mean, they only lost by 2. Had they gotten stops when it mattered, it would have been a win
TT24

Postby Champions4ever on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:37 pm

very bad lost
Champions4ever

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 pm

Misted 10 freebies, got outrebounded by 15...
TT24

Postby Furious D on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 pm

Im worried.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby leftymo on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 pm

kray28 wrote:
I'm sure the sky is falling crew will be out in full force tonight, but let's real here...can the Jazz really compete with the Lakers unless they cheat and are allowed to get away with it?

Boozer had what...22 rebounds tonight, where the hell was all this rebounding in Games 1 and 2? He's get away with pushes and shoves all night long to get his position. To cap it off, he hooks Pau on that dunk right in front of the ref with no call.

That sounds more like whining than anything else....

I knew LA would lose this and called it after game 2. The writing was on the wall back then. I bet money and won. I was hoping to jinx it, but that didn't work.

LA will come back strong in game 4. But a loss there, and I'll be certain to put forth my best "sky is falling" but this time it might be true.

Lakers are still losers of 15 NBA finals... even when they might have been the better team.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby losangeleslakers on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Adam wrote:You guys are still missing it, The Lakers CAN'T GET A STOP WHEN THEY HAVE TO. One stop, and LA wins.

Period.

THANK YOU . . . I toally agree. They haven't been able to do that all year. Further, for all those that don;t think Kobe will shoot that bad again . . . he will, please rewatch his last two finals appearances
losangeleslakers

Postby LakerEricR on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Game 4 will rell if this goes 5 or 6.
CL's resident Carolina Panther fan
Zune & Xbox Live ID:SBDuckfan

LakerEricR

Postby trodgers on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 pm

nameant wrote:
trodgers wrote:
followwind wrote:I mean seriously Kobe. Shut your mouth next time and just play the ball game. Way to trash talking Utah's crowd then almost singlehandly lost the game for us. 5-24 and 4-10 from Pau on FT. I mean wow.

You're the second person who mentioned Kobe's talking. How on earth is it relevant? Do you believe that his talking caused the fans' chants to become magical and hurt his shooting touch?

It's best not to dwell on this.

I wouldn't put it the way he did ^^, but if you're gonna talk, back it up. Don't act like you thrive off that and it makes you play sooo much better and "they should know that by now" and then lay an egg.

He does thrive off it. He didn't shoot well. He did very well at everything else. His team should have won...big time.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby kray28 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Champions4ever wrote:very bad lost

Actually no it's not. The Lakers played a poor game and still had the game to win down the wire...in Utah. It's a lot like the loss we had there before the All-Star break.

This is the only way the Jazz can beat us...and there is no freaking way in hell they can do it 3 out of next 4 possible games.
kray28

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:41 pm

LOL how? We Missed 10 freebies, got outrebounded by 15, Kobe shot bad, Pau, Fish, and Luke let their man do whatever, poor officiating, Drew fouled out in the 3rd, LA played poor... I could go on, BUT WE LOST BY TWO. I'm actually encouraged for Saturday's game. How Many teams can play like we did and lose by two?
TT24

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:41 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:Sucks we lost this one but I'm still not worried.

Terrible game by Kobe.

Gasol a no show.

7 minutes out of Bynum.

No defensive intensity.

...And we lost by 2 on a last second shot By Williams.

We can't play worse than we did tonight and we still should have won. We wrap this up in 5. Maybe 6.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Nice to see some true words here instead of so many garbage sky is falling posts. I can hardly believe some of what was being said. Utah will win this series? A team that can't win on the road? Might as well give to the Cavs? Huh? The team we kicked butt on both games this year? Nope.

^^^ Nice to see some well spoken, well reasoned words here.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Zheka on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:41 pm

shoe wrote:bottom line

dissapointed, but not worried

Not that disappointed, but worried. Cause I expected a loss after our sloppy 1 and 2 games. And I don't see the team making adjustments, still. This worries me. Nevertheless I am sure lakers will beat utah. But then...we'll see.
Zheka

Postby Champions4ever on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 pm

TT24 wrote:

LOL how? We Missed 10 freebies, got outrebounded by 15, Kobe shot bad, Pau, Fish, and Luke let their man do whatever, poor officiating, Drew fouled out in the 3rd, LA played poor... I could go on, BUT WE LOST BY TWO. I'm actually encouraged for Saturday's game. How Many teams can play like we did and lose by two?

Why are u asking how? You just said it yourself.

We were outrebounded. Pau, Fish, and Luke didn't play defense? So, what else is new?

The officiating was pretty balanced.

Who cares how many we lost by? A lost is a lost.
Champions4ever

Postby Adam on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 pm

losangeleslakers wrote:
Adam wrote:You guys are still missing it, The Lakers CAN'T GET A STOP WHEN THEY HAVE TO. One stop, and LA wins.

Period.

THANK YOU . . . I toally agree. They haven't been able to do that all year. Further, for all those that don;t think Kobe will shoot that bad again . . . he will, please rewatch his last two finals appearances

Agreed. Kobe's bad shot selection, LA's tendency to lose leads and thier inability to get KEY stops will not only come back to haunt them but might cost them the championship.

These are consistent trends that are part of this team, and I hate to see them STILL dealing with them after talking about being better in those areas all season long. To quote Phil from earlier in the year...

"We are what we are, a good offensive team." Period.
Adam

Postby lalfan on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:48 pm

watch, now kobe the knocklehead will try to prove a point by coming out in game 4 firing forced shots. just watch, we've all seen this before. book it.
lalfan

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:48 pm

kray28 wrote:
I'm sure the sky is falling crew will be out in full force tonight, but let's real here...can the Jazz really compete with the Lakers unless they cheat and are allowed to get away with it?

Boozer had what...22 rebounds tonight, where the hell was all this rebounding in Games 1 and 2? He's get away with pushes and shoves all night long to get his position. To cap it off, he hooks Pau on that dunk right in front of the ref with no call.

:jam2: :jam2:

Another great post. And no where near whining. Bottom line is I don't think I've ever seen a team push in the back as often as I did tonight in any game I've watched over the past 30 plus years as a Laker fan.

It was one-sided refereeing all the way. And that gets under everyone's skin. It's frustrating when one team can be so physical and it gets called the opposite way on the other side. Bynum 5 fouls in 7 minutes? Come on now. Boozer and Millsap mauling Pau Gasol all night long? Pushing off how many times? MIllsap and Korver "blocking" Gasol under the hoop while hitting him - no call. Other end Kobe gets a foul call for blocking Millsap? Just utterly inconsistent. That's frustrating.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:48 pm

leftymo wrote:
kray28 wrote:

That sounds more like whining than anything else....

I knew LA would lose this and called it after game 2. The writing was on the wall back then. I bet money and won. I was hoping to jinx it, but that didn't work.

LA will come back strong in game 4. But a loss there, and I'll be certain to put forth my best "sky is falling" but this time it might be true.

Lakers are still losers of 15 NBA finals... even when they might have been the better team.

Sometimes a whine coincides with the truth. I'm not sure what 15 Finals losses has to do with the topic at hand though.

I can be critical of Lakers too...they appeared uncomfortable and even rattled tonight. Pau straight up choked at the line....Kobe shot badly, but I cannot deduce that the bad shooting had anything to do with either Utah's defense or the Jazz crowd. Sometimes Kobe is just off, and tonight he was off. We've seen him make the same tough shots countless times against better defenders....tonight they just didn't fall.

Drew played a stupid game by picking up that early foul...but that last foul was straight up BS. Another instance of the refs rewarding the Jazz for flopping. In any case, his limited minutes took awaya huge weapon for us defensively and our interior D suffered a bit as a result....yet we were still able to compete.
kray28

Postby lalfan on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Lakerjones wrote:

Terrible game by Kobe.

Gasol a no show.

7 minutes out of Bynum.

No defensive intensity.

We can't play worse than we did tonight and we still should have won. We wrap this up in 5. Maybe 6.

Nice to see some true words here instead of so many garbage sky is falling posts. I can hardly believe some of what was being said. Utah will win this series? A team that can't win on the road? Might as well give to the Cavs? Huh? The team we kicked butt on both games this year? Nope.

Utah didn't exactly play a perfect ball game either. don't forget that.
Last edited by lalfan on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lalfan

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:49 pm

I'm still oh so very sick! I blamed Kobe and Phil but our entire team played horrible and messed up key opportunities. Oh well I'm still behind them the next game we're gonne do our very best and everyone is going to play well, I believe **crossing my fingers**
Jazzygirl205

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Odom played extremely well. Kobe played like hell. I don't expect to see him have another stinker this bad for the rest of the playoffs. Could happen I guess, but I would be surprised. And we only lost by 2.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Champions4ever wrote:
TT24 wrote:

Why are u asking how? You just said it yourself.

We were outrebounded. Pau, Fish, and Luke didn't play defense? So, what else is new?

The officiating was pretty balanced.

Who cares how many we lost by? A lost is a lost.

We could and should have lost by more. Plus we didn't get key stops. Considering how poor LA played and we lost by two...this isn't as bad as you try to make it seem. Utah is probably estatic, but they should be worried.
TT24

Postby kray28 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:52 pm

lalfan wrote:watch, now kobe the knocklehead will try to prove a point by coming out in game 4 firing forced shots. just watch, we've all seen this before. book it.

Well, you know, you have a choice to not see it. If you can't deal with Kobe taking tough shots and missing them, you need to find a new team to root for.
kray28

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:53 pm

lalfan wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Terrible game by Kobe.

Gasol a no show.

7 minutes out of Bynum.

No defensive intensity.

Utah didn't exactly play a perfect ball game either. don't forget that.

They played 100 times better than us.
TT24

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight