Thu. 4/23 - Lakers @ Utah - Game3 - Predictions & Comments

Re: Thu. 4/23 - Lakers @ Utah - Game3 - Predictions & Comments

Postby crazykobe24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:53 pm

I don't know what Kobe was thinking tonight but he was just not making the right decisions tonight. :bang:

Utah was practically giving us this game in a silver platter and we kept giving it back.:bang:
:ball1:
crazykobe24

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 pm

Utah didn't exactly play a perfect ball game either. don't forget that.[/quote]

Maybe but they really are not that good right now in general. I don't expect anywhere near perfection from them because they aren't that talented and they aren't at full strength with Okur out.

I do expect more from Bynum and Kobe next game. Odom seems to do well against the Jazz. Pau does not always. But tonight he looked really weak for most of it. Came alive at the end thankfully. He'll play better. His first two games were very good.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:54 pm

kray28 wrote:
lalfan wrote:watch, now kobe the knocklehead will try to prove a point by coming out in game 4 firing forced shots. just watch, we've all seen this before. book it.

Well, you know, you have a choice to not see it. If you can't deal with Kobe taking tough shots and missing them, you need to find a new team to root for.

:man10:
TT24

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:57 pm

lalfan wrote:if this damn team doesn't bring home a title this year with all the supporting cast they got, then let kobe walk, let phil retire and start from scratch build the team around bynum and gasol, hopefully we get lucky in summer of '10 and grab either d wade or lebron. how many freaking time have we seen this kind of choke job from kobe in a big stage on the road, it could extended all they way back to the '04 finals against the pistons.

Please stop over exaggerating this same Kobe got us 3 rings along side Shaq, took the new team to the playoffs as a 7 seed and damn near swept the west last season by himself and took us to the finals without Drew. Do not over exaggerate. Since some people claim to care about the team first and are so die hard about the team then one damn game, that we only lost by two points shouldn't make some of you want to commit suicide *smh*

Yes Kobe sucked but so did alot of our players it wasn't 12 Kobes playing tonight ya know. Having a bad game in the third game of the first round in the playoffs isn't choke Job if so then what do you call that horrible shooting stretch D-Wade had against Atlanta several days ago, did he choke too? What about LeBron in that Celtics series did he choke too?

Come on you guys we are still up 2 games to 1 the same thing as last season but we only lost by 2 this time it's not that bad!!!
Jazzygirl205

Postby kray28 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:59 pm

crazykobe24 wrote:I don't know what Kobe was thinking tonight but he was just not making the right decisions tonight. :bang:

Utah was practically giving us this game in a silver platter and we kept giving it back.:bang:

Down the stretch Kobe made a bunch of great plays which I'm sure you've already forgotten.

Here's a reminder of a couple:

1. He cut baseline on the inbounds and snagged the ball for a tricky lay in to tie things up.

2. He curled off the Gasol pick and found Pau right back with a perfect pass on the slip screen for the dunk.
kray28

Postby crazykobe24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:05 pm

kray28 wrote:
Down the stretch Kobe made a bunch of great plays which I'm sure you've already forgotten.

Here's a reminder of a couple:

1. He cut baseline on the inbounds and snagged the ball for a tricky lay in to tie things up.

2. He curled off the Gasol pick and found Pau right back with a perfect pass on the slip screen for the dunk.

I didn't forget. I just couldn't figure out why he didn't do that for 4 quarters.
crazykobe24

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:05 pm

^ DIdn't he get a basket for LO as well?
TT24

Postby crazykobe24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:07 pm

TT24 wrote:^ DIdn't he get a basket for LO as well?

I didn't forget. I just couldn't figure out why he didn't do that for 4 quarters.
crazykobe24

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Man reading some these comments yall acting like emos ready to jump off of somewhere and commit suicide. Better call the morgue because it's gonne be some dead bodies along side a few buildings in L.A. (or wherever some of you stay at). Hell I was mad in the heat of the moment too but I calmed down, it's not that serious it's just another loss. I rather see this type of loss than us completely laying down and getting blown out like the other teams.
Jazzygirl205

Postby TT24 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:12 pm

crazykobe24 wrote:
TT24 wrote:^ DIdn't he get a basket for LO as well?

He did try early in the game, but the players didn't knock down shots or they passed it. Look, at the end of the day, who can play like we did and still lose by two. No one. If we got key stops, alot of people wouldn't be overreacting like they are cause we would have won.
TT24

Postby dj vitus on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 pm

The Lakers will win Game 4. Book it. We shot 36% today. It won't happen twice in a row. Hopefully.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:26 am

I'm confident we'll take Game 4. Like I said before, it's going to be like the Suns in 07'

We get our ***es kicked in Games 1+2, then barely squeak out Game 3 and then lose in Game 4. Lose Game 5 handily.

We'll do the same to the Jazz.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:43 am

If you plug in all these terrible factors, and considering we lost by two, no one should be worried
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby NonStops on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:47 am

pussies
NonStops

Postby chicky baby on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:49 am

Hey, I was in Utah last night at the game. Center court, 11th row. My thoughts...

The game was fairly refereed. Some mistakes for both, but not enough blown calls to make a case the ref's lost it for us.

LO was awesome. Sasha played well in the 1st half and should have seen more court time in the 2nd half.

Kobe looked tired. No rhthym to his game. He made way too many jump passes. He needs to pass even more than he's doing....

Pau couldn't make a basket early. But he came on in 2nd half - his missed f-t's hurt too much...

Fish played his best defensive game in the series to date. Brown looked only ok on D.

Bynum can NOT play like an airhead. It's too important for him to be out there. And the worst call of the night from my vantage point: His beautifil spin move for a dunk and they called a cheap [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] foul for charging Harpring. Bad call. Harpring was off to the sie and fell over. Very weak call...

Overall, they still played well enough to win.

I will be at saturday's game. I expect a better performance by the lakers, but also don't expect Williams to be cold for most of the game either. I still think it will be over in 5. If the lakers can't bring their A game for saturday, I am not sure that they can even get out of their own conference. They have not played to their potential in 2 months and it is time that they did (It seems like they haven't played well since Hector was a pup!). They need to prove to themselves and the league they are the best. So let's put thix next one in the refrigerator early and move on to the next round!
chicky baby

Postby Laker-fan-in-SanAnto on Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:34 pm

I expect the Lakers to win game 4, bank on it!!!!
Laker-fan-in-SanAnto

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:20 am

mavoretto wrote:i had a nightmare: "there will be game seven and utah will advance to 2nd round"

That's why they're called dreams.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby png247 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:15 pm

good god....this broadcast had the WORST crew i've had the displeasure of listening to in a long time. just sheer idiocy.
png247

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:16 pm

png247 wrote:good god....this broadcast had the WORST crew i've had the displeasure of listening to in a long time. just sheer idiocy.

Undoubtedly.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight